Under The Dome - Anybody watching this show?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Been watching this since the start, and it's pretty good, with one glaring exception.

Big Jim. He has become a standard cardboard cutout figure for "TV bad guy". I hope they write him out of the show permanently, and the earlier the better.

In the book, he was supposed to already be dead by now. We passed that point around the Big Jim hanging scene in Season 1. But also, the dome was supposed to come down too. So, in a way I am glad they stretched it. I wasn't happy about the two-way portal between the inside and outside, but they closed that. Now, the whole Zenith connection adds a lot more to the show which might get bloated.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
In the book, he was supposed to already be dead by now. We passed that point around the Big Jim hanging scene in Season 1. But also, the dome was supposed to come down too. So, in a way I am glad they stretched it. I wasn't happy about the two-way portal between the inside and outside, but they closed that. Now, the whole Zenith connection adds a lot more to the show which might get bloated.

breaking bad made the guy who plays jim a well known and respected acot-- i am sure he commanded at least a 2 season deal

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
SEASON 3: Episode 1

They’re back, and this time there are two new characters. :) This two hour première was described as somewhat of a reboot for the show, but that is not the case...entirely. The premise has been expanded a bit, and it's looking very good for the story. I am not sure how the audiences are going to like it, but I did.

They picked up exactly where they left off last season. I watched it a couple of hours before 9:00pm, as it became available on the east coast before the west coast. I wont discuss the episode until somebody else has seen it. No spoilers!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I watched it

and with all of the flashing screens and the back and forth,, just where and when were the characters at? it was so confusing

:happy0007:

Ok, now that I had my chance to act like so many disgruntled and confused (stupid) LOST viewers did back when they could navigate their brains through the flash fwds and flash backs and various storylines,etc

bet some ppl will have their brains turned to mush after watching this too

you just now some of the viewers will just not 'get it' and tune away

short attn spans, frustration at the more complex plot

"where is the simple stuff? why did they have to go and get all phillysoftical and shit?"

Anyhow, I liked it. Guess it is going to be aliens after all?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I watched it

and with all of the flashing screens and the back and forth,, just where and when were the characters at? it was so confusing

:happy0007:

Ok, now that I had my chance to act like so many disgruntled and confused (stupid) LOST viewers did back when they could navigate their brains through the flash fwds and flash backs and various storylines,etc

bet some ppl will have their brains turned to mush after watching this too

you just now some of the viewers will just not 'get it' and tune away

short attn spans, frustration at the more complex plot

"where is the simple stuff? why did they have to go and get all phillysoftical and shit?"

Anyhow, I liked it. Guess it is going to be aliens after all?

It was always aliens. :) The book even described the aliens (even though the book is no longer relevant to this series). Also, the story was also always philosophical. This is a Stephen King gig, remember? Speaking of LOST, they really borrowed very heavily from LOST for the setup of Season 3, although it was not as abrupt as when they channeled LOST for Helix. Im loving the new season.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It was always aliens. :) The book even described the aliens (even though the book is no longer relevant to this series). Also, the story was also always philosophical. This is a Stephen King gig, remember? Speaking of LOST, they really borrowed very heavily from LOST for the setup of Season 3, although it was not as abrupt as when they channeled LOST for Helix. Im loving the new season.

bolded= yeah I know, just taking the opp to act dumb like all of those sad LOST fans did after they could't "keep up"

It is obvious they are no longer using King's work, because the story is actually getting good now

(i lost my taste for King after he called ppl in the military "stupid" who joined because they had nothing else to do in life--asshole!!!--"hey Steve, the 60's called and they want their attitude towards the military back"--
He didn't realize that quite possibly, up till he made that remark, the military was the single largest population of ppl who read his books. Since we are all "stupid" I guess that doesn't say much for his writing huh?")

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
This is very LOST like for me. I like it so much more than first half of first season. So many twists and mysteries, we are totally sucked in. I want to smack big Jim but then he will turn around and make sense. The chick from CSI is not a fav new character at all.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is very LOST like for me. I like it so much more than first half of first season. So many twists and mysteries, we are totally sucked in. I want to smack big Jim but then he will turn around and make sense. The chick from CSI is not a fav new character at all.

I know! I cannot stand her (character Christine) in this series. She came out of nowhere and now she is pushed to the front as a central character? I dont like her in it at all. And her with Junior sexually? :smiley-015: Why did they place her in the middle of the action and make her the female Jim Rennie? Not into her at all. Her name is Marg Helgenberger.

Last edited:

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I think she is going to be an alien looking to procreate, but yeah yuck, no chemistry at all. The show does not need 3 bad guys and that is what it now has, with Junior turning again it would be four.

Theses guys who abducted big Jim, her, big Jim are way too much over top bad guys. Furthermore, too many one on one enemies too. CSI chick, I will always see her as this because she can't act, wants Julia dead, big Jim wants Barbie dead, Junior wants big Jim dead, and Barbie's fake flame from cocoon wants Julia dead. .....eek, let's get back to the cool purple alien stuff.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I think she is going to be an alien looking to procreate, but yeah yuck, no chemistry at all. The show does not need 3 bad guys and that is what it now has, with Junior turning again it would be four.

Theses guys who abducted big Jim, her, big Jim are way too much over top bad guys. Furthermore, too many one on one enemies too. CSI chick, I will always see her as this because she can't act, wants Julia dead, big Jim wants Barbie dead, Junior wants big Jim dead, and Barbie's fake flame from cocoon wants Julia dead. .....eek, let's get back to the cool purple alien stuff.

we got a view of her true alien likeness in a reflection as she was prepping for "humpity hump" action with Junior

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
we got a view of her true alien likeness in a reflection as she was prepping for "humpity hump" action with Junior
Yes, and I she has plans for some DNA swapping. She seems to want Barbie with her friend too.

What surprises me is how the feed is safe but the crops in ground were not. Are cow seed holders all air tight? What about some fish from the lake? They must be using it for water by now, only so much rain, so why not fish in it too? Have they searched the other, seemingly large, island for food and prey? Do they have the ingredients to ferment the seed? Why did Barbie drop the corn seed on the ground when it is so needed? Plant it buddy and in a few weeks you could have some corn on the cob. It's only been a few weeks since most of last season was just cocoon time and how are those guys on the island coming and going? Did I miss that? What is the dog eating? Where are everyone else's dog, cats and other pets? Lastly, where is CSI chick coming up with all that Botox? :tongue:

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes, and I she has plans for some DNA swapping. She seems to want Barbie with her friend too.

What surprises me is how the feed is safe but the crops in ground were not. Are cow seed holders all air tight? What about some fish from the lake? They must be using it for water by now, only so much rain, so why not fish in it too? Have they searched the other, seemingly large, island for food and prey? Do they have the ingredients to ferment the seed? Why did Barbie drop the corn seed on the ground when it is so needed? Plant it buddy and in a few weeks you could have some corn on the cob. It's only been a few weeks since most of last season was just cocoon time and how are those guys on the island coming and going? Did I miss that? What is the dog eating? Where are everyone else's dog, cats and other pets? Lastly, where is CSI chick coming up with all that Botox? :tongue:

All of that. I was wondering also why Barbie threw the seeds to the ground. In Season 1, they had a total famine serious enough to consider killing off part of the population under the dome to make food go longer, and now they have changed that. The dog must have some sort of role because it has been in three episodes now with it's own special scenes. :). What happened to Julia's Prius? It damn near had it's own part in the show and now it is nowhere to be found. Guess Toyota decided not to sponsor season 3?

And yeah, what is UP with all that damned botox? It isnt just botox either...the woman has lots and lots of "work done". :) They need to not pair her up with Junior. The guy that murdered Angie who runs the AA meetings would be a better match.

What happened to the "hands"? The egg was destroyed, so....?

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I don't mind some questions and the show does have a LOST feel to it. Is it just me or does the lone lucky dog even look like Vincent from LOST? Which btw, that dog would have been in dog carrier and so would have bit it in the initial crash in that show.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't mind some questions and the show does have a LOST feel to it. Is it just me or does the lone lucky dog even look like Vincent from LOST? Which btw, that dog would have been in dog carrier and so would have bit it in the initial crash in that show.

Its an alien! :hide; :P That LOST feel is very heavy this year, and the premise has changed. Gone is the thing with the "hands", the egg and the butterflies thing has not been explained either. And they are already adding new characters and cooking up something with Aktion (the tech company that Barbie's dad owned). What about the egg? Big Jim smashed it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

oh those pesky details!

-- AZAL- I see I have a companion here in my nit pickiness!! :icon_lol:--

The coming and going secret way in? No, I do not believe that they ever showed that--maybe it happened off camera in between seasons? :shame:

How about that Big Jim- "they don't call me Spetsnatz Dude for nothin'" -Rennie and his commando tactics in blowing up the boat?

I also wonder where they are getting there seemingly endless supply of never worn before (?) clothing? Yes I know its just been 3 weeks, but ya think someone would have worn the same thing twice by now. Especially Joe's girlfriend 'Miss Forehead', she was on a trip, did she really have that many clothes in her suitcase?

-------------------------------------
from the 'coming this season' previews, seems like they are going for an end of the world feel with the meteor showers (those shots gave me a reminder of KNOWING and that the aliens here have a similar mission as the aliens in KNOWING?)

Will the WHOLE world burn except for Chesters Mill? Or maybe it was like a false vision given to Jim by the dome to scare him?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
oh those pesky details!

-- AZAL- I see I have a companion here in my nit pickiness!! :icon_lol:--

The coming and going secret way in? No, I do not believe that they ever showed that--maybe it happened off camera in between seasons? :shame:

They showed it. It is the red door with the handprint on it at the Barbie estate (Barbie's dad). Last episode, Aktion operatives watched Barbie Sr. use the portal to bring the egg back to Melanie, who then killed him on the spot. The portal goes from the red door to the lake in Chester's mill.

How about that Big Jim- "they don't call me Spetsnatz Dude for nothin'" -Rennie and his commando tactics in blowing up the boat?

I also wonder where they are getting there seemingly endless supply of never worn before (?) clothing? Yes I know its just been 3 weeks, but ya think someone would have worn the same thing twice by now. Especially Joe's girlfriend 'Miss Forehead', she was on a trip, did she really have that many clothes in her suitcase?

Im sure Chester's Mill has a clothing store. :) The real question is why nobody is interrogating Christine and the new girl with Barbie. I mean, didnt they just all get betrayed by Melanie and led down a garden path? I would not trust Christine for shit. I certainly would have ZERO need for some shrink when trapped inside of an alien dome. :).
from the 'coming this season' previews, seems like they are going for an end of the world feel with the meteor showers (those shots gave me a reminder of KNOWING and that the aliens here have a similar mission as the aliens in KNOWING?)

Will the WHOLE world burn except for Chesters Mill? Or maybe it was like a false vision given to Jim by the dome to scare him?

Im getting ready to watch this (Episode 5) now. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Episode 5

Oh sheez. :facepalm:. Why have they suddenly thrust Christine in the center of the whole damned plot? Did she strike some particularly good contract deal for this season? I despise her character, not in the way I love to hate Jim Rennie or Junior. Jim is so over the top he is supposed to be hated and he is a decent villain. :) Christine I despise in a completely different way. Like, I would see her bossing everyone around and I would just say out loud "Why did they put this bitch in the show? Get rid of her!". I don't even like looking at her:

christineUTD.png

Suddenly, she can control everyone in the town? Who is she recording her voice notes for? They need to move past Christine quickly and get her out of this show. Eva is a good addition, but not as future alien mommy. I really reeeeeealy hope they are not going to do one of those fast growing insta-alien babies with power.

NOTE TO YONGJIN:

Missed the footage you saw, since it was not part of the download I got. Does it show the earth being destroyed or something?