Star WARS: The Acolyte

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Not a lot known about this show , just maybe a spring 2024 release (After Mandalorian S4?)
and that it is a Sith centered show set before the prequels

1698292275909.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just watched the trailer. Already forgot most of it. The dislikes on the trailer are almost four times the likes. The comment section is brutal but also hilarious.

Some of my personal favorites.

1711579485522.png

1711579518531.png

1711579564961.png

1711579591765.png

1711579630372.png

1711579694016.png

1711579729620.png

It seems like most people are expecting this to be a massive failure. I'd prefer to keep an open mind, but I might not even get around to watching it. The trailer seemed to have a female lead fighting another female lead. That doesn't bode well.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I just watched the trailer. Already forgot most of it. The dislikes on the trailer are almost four times the likes. The comment section is brutal but also hilarious.

Some of my personal favorites.

View attachment 35827

View attachment 35828

View attachment 35829

View attachment 35830

View attachment 35831

View attachment 35832

View attachment 35833

It seems like most people are expecting this to be a massive failure. I'd prefer to keep an open mind, but I might not even get around to watching it. The trailer seemed to have a female lead fighting another female lead. That doesn't bode well.
That seems to be a common trend at the moment. Where everything is becoming female lead in everything even Kungfu Panda had a female character as a secondary main character. The hunger is not there in these series and movies. The fans are going to kill off the franchise.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
That seems to be a common trend at the moment. Where everything is becoming female lead in everything even Kungfu Panda had a female character as a secondary main character. The hunger is not there in these series and movies. The fans are going to kill off the franchise.
Seems like Disney are doing it for them.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
the misogyny grows stronger on this website everytime I pop back in.. sad really. One of the STRONGEST characters in Star Wars (1977) was a female

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
the misogyny grows stronger on this website everytime I pop back in.. sad really. One of the STRONGEST characters in Star Wars (1977) was a female
Not misogyny just more of the fact that this woke stuff is getting out of hand. Buffy is my favourite horror show back from the 90's

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Sure man, we're all misogynists here. :rolleye0014:
I don't know what happened to you @YJ02, but you are sounding like the far-left wokesters with blue hair now. I notice it every time you pop back in.. sad really.
:shame: Star Wars fans already know that MORE than one of the strongest characters in Star Wars were females, and nobody here mentioned a damned thing about women being in the roles. The Acolyte trailer SUCKED (IMO), and the show will likely suck as well (IMO). That's my subjective opinion. Yours might be different. That's how people have conversations and discuss and compare subjective opinions and share ideas. Are you gonna tell us what your pronouns are next?

Last edited: