OVERWRITING THE NEW TRILOGY

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
World between Worlds isn't exactly time travel but it is the use of the force to look into other events throughout time, and, if one has the force ability, to enter these events

we saw this in REBELS and may very well only have been written in by Filoni in case TPTB's above him wanted a way to 'erase' the Kennedy shit show

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I can almost buy it. Looking at how none of the new series use sequel trilogy elements or characters and how Mando has avoided it so far, it is very possible that the Veil was written in to provide a plot device to erase the sequels - we may see it on Mando with Ashoka and Grogu using the Veil to undo Palpatine using it to escape his death in RotJ.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I can almost buy it. Looking at how none of the new series use sequel trilogy elements or characters and how Mando has avoided it so far, it is very possible that the Veil was written in to provide a plot device to erase the sequels - we may see it on Mando with Ashoka and Grogu using the Veil to undo Palpatine using it to escape his death in RotJ.

yes.. or even further back in time

i think what a lot of ppl do not understand, and what i am pretty sure of, is that the Veil/world between worlds will only take a user to an event that involved force users. its like a visual encyclopedia of all events where force users were involved in major events, force users who were, at the time, having full knowledge they were force users

so, Grogu-- or whoever may show up, Ezra especially since he has used the Veil before-- could go all the way back to the point where Palpatine used dark side manipulation to impregnate Shmi = NO SKYWALKERS EVER!!!

most likely though, IF they did tis, they would go to an event where we are all familiar. something from the OT like maybe the Obi Wan Vader fight. they could yank Kenobi out of the fight as Ezra did to Ahsoka, something Vader would remember

but we would need to have a hard date on when exactly Palpatine's son came along. He needs to be stopped from existing or stop palpatine before he exists to short circuit Palp's plans with Rey. Or, kill Palpatine before he starts his self cloning processes probably on kamino about 10 yrs before ep4

HOWEVER i think if they spent too much time and diverted the plot of Mando to this activity (of erasing the new trilogy) fans would begin to lose interest as the new, and mostly hated new trilogy steps into their lives again

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Right, and Palpy obviously knew what he was doing and who he was when he used the veil to prevent his death in Return of the Jedi - remember they have said that neither Palpy (RotJ or RoS) is a clone. So if all they do is interfere and block him from using the Veil to escape from his death fall they erase the sequels. Snoke never is created so no First Order. Indeed if Thrawn is introduced in Mando the road is clear to new sequels based more closely on the Timothy Zahn novels.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Indeed if Thrawn is introduced in Mando the road is clear to new sequels based more closely on the Timothy Zahn novels.

i never read those books, but i have been reading and seeing many ppl commenting that much of the plot of mando regarding gideon and imperial remnant is very reminiscent of components from those books

while i see many familiar plot ideas from force unleashed and the aftermath books