"LOOK WHO'S BACK" only the Germans...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
<iframe src="https://embed.theguardian.com/embed...-what-happens-if-hitler-appears-in-2015-video" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If anyone but the Germans made this it could be seen as nearly obscene to make a comedy film of the subject

But I guess, they "own him" and his legacy, so, if the German govt allowed them to do it..then watch it, it is funny!

I did not find that video funny. Nothing about Hitler was funny except how he destroyed his "Reich" and how he went out like a pathetic little bitch.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I did not find that video funny. Nothing about Hitler was funny except how he destroyed his "Reich" and how he went out like a pathetic little bitch.

it is an entire movie

its on Netflix

like i said, if the german govt allowed its filming and distro, given their strict anti nazi laws, then what can we say about it

all i am saying is it is:
1- a satire--satires often deal with black humor and touchy issues as an expose of social issues

2- it is fitting to see a character so against everything that modern Germany stands for, be immersed into that Germany

Kind of like if Nathan Bedford Forrest were somehow reanimated in downtown Atlanta or South Central LA--without his men,guns and power

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
If you must watch a film featuring Hitler I recommend this:

It is very realistic and by showing Hitler as a human being and not a stereotyped demon it makes one realize that we can never drop our guard against this sort of evil.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

It is very realistic and by showing Hitler as a human being and not a stereotyped demon it makes one realize that we can never drop our guard against this sort of evil.

Ugh.

index.jpeg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Trust me "der untergang" does not glorify Hitler or the Nazis in any way - in fact it really drives home how depraved these people were and are.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Trust me "der untergang" does not glorify Hitler or the Nazis in any way - in fact it really drives home how depraved these people were and are.

I already know. You guys have at it...:)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Well said. We all too often end up dropping our guard around people who may be extremely dangerous all because they're "charming" or "seemingly pleasant" or seem "nice enough".

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
LOOK WHO'S BACK does not glorify hitler at all either

it is a sardonic film that can be used to raise awareness of nazi's, neo nazis and the cult of personality that Hitler used among today's German and European young ppl who are in danger of losing their history--good or bad--via the perspective of distance/time from events like WW2

Especially with the ever so slowly creeping rise of the extreme right in places like Germany, Ukraine, France and Russia today