Future of the Stargate Franchise

What do you think will be next for the franchise?

• TV Movie or Direct DVD SG-1 Movie Revolutions

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • TV Movie or Direct DVD Atlantis Movie Extinction

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • A Completely Re-Imagined Stargate TV Series (Alternate Universe)

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • A Completely Re-Imagined Stargate Movie (Alternate Universe)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New TV Series in current stargate universe (Not referring to SGU)

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • New Movie with New Chracters in current stargate universe (Not referring to SGU)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sequel To the Original Stargate Movie

• SGU TV movie

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Nothing. Franchise is Dead.

• Other

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Yeah sure he has, like a snowball in hell. Sorry but some people need to take the fan glasses off.

JF has some serious strikes against him in the entertainment business.

• He has limited experience in entertainment and NONE in production or show running.
  • He bad mouthed his producers. It doesn't matter that some people consider what he said is correct because the act of saying it is totally unprofessional.
MGM under the guidance of their new co CEO's is all about minimising risk taking. They may let a newbie fork over funding but they will not relinquish control to someone with no experience.

& yet JM slated the SG fans he was alleged to be courting as an audience for SGU because they didn't like his creative "vision" & BW publically slated a legitimate & well-respected TV critic who HAD given the show a few chances - a couple of total PR nightmares/social hand grenades no less, yet these 2 men were allowed to continue in the their roles on SGU.......... so I think you have exagerated the comments of JF just a little (comments which were just & well-deserved I might add).

THX1138

GateFans Member
Couple things:

JF may not have experience in production and show running but there's nothing stopping him from teaming up with people who do. There are TONS of industry people out there who have experience in those areas and I'm sure JF knows plenty. Being approached by JF and a qualified team, if they have a good concept, is something MGM would probably welcome. The worst they could say is no. Your assumption that JF would be doing all the work solo shows you don't know what you're talking about.

As for JF's lack of professionalism regarding statements he's made, get real. It's 2011. There is no good ol' boys network anymore where Miss Manners keeps track of verbal transgressions uttered by actors at fan cons. Besides, a hell of a lot of people agree with the sentiments of JF towards BW and SGU, so many people wouldn't consider what he said to be unprofessional. The people who you think would take issue with JF's "lack of professionalism" have seen worse, much worse on "Jersey Shore" and no doubt within their own lives and they are immune to such slights. Your assertion that JF is now blackballed in the industry because he said something negative about the current PTB is laughable. No one gives a shit about what JF said, other than to agree with it. So no, he isn't tainted by anything he has said negatively towards BW or SGU.

Wurd

And your assumption that I've made an assumption that JF would do it solo shows that you don't know what you are talking about either.

Having someone who can be viewed as an upstart, opinionated actor can, and has in the past, be detrimental to getting projects off the ground.

It's a pity that you can't read, no where did I say JF was blackballed in the industry. Yes it is 2011 and you should get real. Trying to get started in the production side of the industry where you want to attach yourself to a big studio is highly competitive and believe it or not, no one wants beginners with big mouths.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

And your assumption that I've made an assumption that JF would do it solo shows that you don't know what you are talking about either.

Having someone who can be viewed as an upstart, opinionated actor can, and has in the past, be detrimental to getting projects off the ground.

It's a pity that you can't read, no where did I say JF was blackballed in the industry. Yes it is 2011 and you should get real. Trying to get started in the production side of the industry where you want to attach yourself to a big studio is highly competitive and believe it or not, no one wants beginners with big mouths.

As per the bolded comment, please specify examples.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

I don't know if I would call JF a "beginner" per se, beginner perhaps in the BTS stuff, maybe, in the entertainment industry though, no. Also, having an opinionated actor willing to go to bat for the cast of a show is not always a bad thing, ask Mark Harmon. :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
the flan is far more professional than TPTW ever acted.

Yeah sure he has, like a snowball in hell. Sorry but some people need to take the fan glasses off.

• He has limited experience in entertainment and NONE in production or show running.
  • He bad mouthed his producers. It doesn't matter that some people consider what he said is correct because the act of saying it is totally unprofessional.
MGM under the guidance of their new co CEO's is all about minimising risk taking. They may let a newbie fork over funding but they will not relinquish control to someone with no experience.

ONE NAME: AMANDA TAPPING!!!!!! it happens. she stole all of the best "talent" from stargate when she left too. ;) as for unprofessional: what would you call J Mozz and BW for fighting with not just the fans- BUT A CRITIC!!!! :facepalm: Methinks if JoeF can line up funding , MGM would be happy for him to give sga a spin. ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
ONE NAME: AMANDA TAPPING!!!!!! it happens. she stole all of the best "talent" from stargate when she left too. ;) as for unprofessional: what would you call lJ Mozz and BW for fighting with not just the fans- BUT A CRITIC!!!! :facepalm: Methinks if JoeF can line up funding , MGM would be happy for him to give sga a spin. ;)

IIRC, it was AT scratchings about a new series that she showed to Damien Kindler that got sanctuary off the ground in the first place. Am I remembering correctly?

johnsheppard

GateFans Noob

LOL like someone named JM who bad mouthed the actors and fans.
I think he (JoeF) acted more like professional than this producer himself.He only showed his interest and involvement in SGA
In addition RDA was producer on SG1 I don't think he was before.
JF was spokeman of the cast facing producers and writers.So he brought them ideas of the cast and gain their respect (mean cast and crew but annoyed producers cos he spoke them the truth).
He could be executive producer like Mark Hamon on NCIS or William Petersen on CSI vegas or Gary Sinise CSI manhattan
Everyone makes his own debut in his work.

THX1138

GateFans Member
& yet JM slated the SG fans he was alleged to be courting as an audience for SGU because they didn't like his creative "vision" & BW publically slated a legitimate & well-respected TV critic who HAD given the show a few chances - a couple of total PR nightmares/social hand grenades no less, yet these 2 men were allowed to continue in the their roles on SGU.......... so I think you have exagerated the comments of JF just a little (comments which were just & well-deserved I might add).

So? Unprofessional behaviour is just that - Unprofessional. It is less tolerated in the industry coming from dime a dozen TV actors, which is the category JF falls into.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
So? Unprofessional behaviour is just that - Unprofessional. It is less tolerated in the industry coming from dime a dozen TV actors, which is the category JF falls into.

Any actor who's mere presence can boost ratings the way JF did for W13 is not what I would call a "dime a dozen" actor, but thats just me.....

johnsheppard

GateFans Noob
I don't know where do you find such statements!
He only belongs to the actors category who know what they want and certainely not in the Yes-actor category.

I think that they would need to revitalise interest in the franchise and could do so by making an Atlantis movie or mini series to see how the audience responds. If the interest is still there they could then move on to bigger and better things. There should be no problem getting interest for either of the above.

That's exactly what I was thinking, but with SG-1. Go with the original and if there's enough of a positive response (sales of DVD's), then the SGA movie get's greenlight. Either show, it's going to be a test to see how much they rake in.

THX1138

GateFans Member
Oh, look I don't worship at the altar of JF and so the hypocrites emerge and act just like the squee drones that they vilify :roll:

I don't happen to think that the future of the Stargate franchise rests in the hands of an unqualified actor, I have more business sense than that. Show us some evidence that he has some solid business plan and other more qualified people to do the job and it would make a business case worth considering.

At the moment despite a tiny part of the fandom's opinion, he's just an actor with limited experience and who has reportedly approached MGM with a plan but was turned down; NONE of which is enough to base a business decision on. The future of the franchise is very much a business decision and I haven't seen any evidence yet that JF would qualify as a reasonable candidate to take part in moving the franchise forward. I think it is time for some of you to take the fan goggles off for a moment.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yes, exactly, we're all squee drones here

Oh, look I don't worship at the altar of JF and so the hypocrites emerge and act just like the squee drones that they vilify :roll:

I don't happen to think that the future of the Stargate franchise rests in the hands of an unqualified actor, I have more business sense than that. Show us some evidence that he has some solid business plan and other more qualified people to do the job and it would make a business case worth considering.

At the moment despite a tiny part of the fandom's opinion, he's just an actor with limited experience and who has reportedly approached MGM with a plan but was turned down; NONE of which is enough to base a business decision on. The future of the franchise is very much a business decision and I haven't seen any evidence yet that JF would qualify as a reasonable candidate to take part in moving the franchise forward. I think it is time for some of you to take the fan goggles off for a moment.

Where's my pink pony?

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I say it will be somewhat a reboot in the same universe. That way they can integrate parts of the previous SG shows for a boost if it needed (kinda like a back door safety net). I expect though that if SGU is mentioned at all it would be something along the lines of they lost contact with the ship when it went out of range of the magic stones or something in a passing conversation.

That is defo the more likely (if not my most preferred) option.

S

Stonelesscutter

And you messed up my pink pony reply. Now it is ruined!
icon_rotflmao.gif

Sorry bout that. ;)
Now back to the topic at hand.
I expect an SG-1 movie is most likely first to be produced and I would love that.
But I would also love to see an SGA movie.
And a sequel to the original Stargate movie sounds pretty sweet.
Then a whole new series sounds good to me as well.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Sorry bout that. ;)
Now back to the topic at hand.
I expect an SG-1 movie is most likely first to be produced and I would love that.
But I would also love to see an SGA movie.
And a sequel to the original Stargate movie sounds pretty sweet.
Then a whole new series sounds good to me as well.

Well shit, why don't you just order everything on the menu? Geez, greedy much?

THX1138

GateFans Member
Seeing the pure hatred this one is spouting, I think it's Joe Mallozzi ....who is with me on this one? ;)

What pure hatred? All I said was he is unqualified for the job and has demonstrated unprofessional behaviour (yes it is unprofessional to take public jabs at other people in the industry, ask any actor and they will tell you the same. TPTW do not get a pass for such behaviour and neither does JF).

If you'd take off the fan goggles for two seconds it would be obvious to anyone with half a brain. Thanks btw for reminding me just how alike you are to the squee drones - sound logical, business reasons are ignored because you worship at the altar of JF and attack and vilify a person who makes a valid comment.

It's childish and hypocritical to imply that because I do not think that JF has demonstrated that he is capable of doing the job (which he hasn't) that I suddenly become one of TPTW tools. IMO TPTW are incapable of taking the franchise forward and JF has demonstrated no business acumen so far that would indicate that he is capable of it either.

It truly is a pity that the denizens of this thread are so much like the squee drones - lie, berate and ridicule to try and drown out differing valid opinions.

S

Stonelesscutter

What pure hatred? All I said was he is unqualified for the job and has demonstrated unprofessional behaviour (yes it is unprofessional to take public jabs at other people in the industry, ask any actor and they will tell you the same. TPTW do not get a pass for such behaviour and neither does JF).

If you'd take off the fan goggles for two seconds it would be obvious to anyone with half a brain. Thanks btw for reminding me just how alike you are to the squee drones - sound logical, business reasons are ignored because you worship at the altar of JF and attack and vilify a person who makes a valid comment.

It's childish and hypocritical to imply that because I do not think that JF has demonstrated that he is capable of doing the job (which he hasn't) that I suddenly become one of TPTW tools. IMO TPTW are incapable of taking the franchise forward and JF has demonstrated no business acumen so far that would indicate that he is capable of it either.

It truly is a pity that the denizens of this thread are so much like the squee drones - lie, berate and ridicule to try and drown out differing valid opinions.

Kind of agreeing with THX here people.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
No, you're stirring the pot, you devil you!

Kind of agreeing with THX here people.

THX is talking in circles. He made some very clear statements about JF's lack of experience and professionalism yet when it was pointed out that JF could do the job (with a team) and that he isn't unprofessional THX tried to back peddle while still talking shit. He bashed JF as a solo entity, then claimed he wasn't talking about JF solo. Hmm, okay, sure. He wants his cake and wants to eat it too.

You Stonelesscutter, well, I know what you're doing. Cheeky devil. ;)

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I will ask you one thing.............. do you think that Joseph Mallozzi or Brad Wright are qualified & professionally-astute to represent & produce a Stargate show?