expanse season 5 now out on Amazon

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
First 3 eps are out as of today. I dont know if they dropped them 3 at a time or its been out for 3 weeks now.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They dropped the first 3 all at once and will be doing one a week thereafter.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
not really into having the crew all split up...

a good story so far, especially with all the action on earth, mars ,luna.

-------------------------------------
Also, cast and crew may have to find yet ANOTHER new home? AMAZON not set to go beyond a season 6

Amazon, who picked up the series for seasons 4 and 5, and then renewed it for what they are billing as a final season 6. But how final is it?

Cast member Dominique Tipper, who plays Belter Naomi Nagata on the show slyly hinted at the possibility of a longer show life on another outlet when she joined castmates Steven Strait and Wes Chatham on EW Live (SiriusXM, channel 109). “Look, this is the end of the TV show on Amazon,” said Tipper. “So, we'll just have to see what happens.”

EW also spoke with showrunner Naren Shankar, and asked the executive producer whether there could be more life for The Expanse in the form of another channel or streaming outlet, much in the same way the show was rescued by Amazon after Syfy moved on from the project. “You know, honestly, that would be more of a question for our studio, for Alcon, says Shankar. “They control the property, but what I will say is that there's definitely more to tell

https://ew.com/tv/the-expanse-amazo... the good news,the series that they deserve."

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So far its okay.

To be honest I don't want them to go beyond a certain point in the books because it involves a major setting change.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So far its okay.

To be honest I don't want them to go beyond a certain point in the books because it involves a major setting change.
are the books done or is it a potential game of thrones situation?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Game of Thrones situation. TBH I just do not want to see Laconia enter the fray.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i guess one of th eissues that amazon is using as an excuse for no more after s6 is the real world issue with Cas Anvar

i get how the sjw angle makes companies hyper react these days, but he has only been accused, nothing substantiated. how a company would pull the plug for reasons,in part, due to the actions of one supporting character is absurd

especially considering how they continued on with anothe rone of their shows- TRANSparent, after the LEAD actor was accused of sexual harassment/crime

i think its more of they don't want to pay the high production costs? who knows

i wasn't a big fan of last season, but it was still good, would like to see more of the show

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well they definitely are deviating from the books now. The events of the last episode are occurring early so to speak.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well they definitely are deviating from the books now. The events of the last episode are occurring early so to speak.
i am letting some eps build up before i watch them... kind of like the binge

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I kinda got turned off when they started deviating from the books. It really started in Season 4, but for this season, the changes seem more....extreme. Same story is being told, but why so different from the book? The changes were unnecessary IMO.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually it is helping the show at this point. The deviations are more in the line of compressing things a bit to pick the pace up.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i haven' t read the books but to guess i would say AMAZON interference to get the most bang for their money in as short a time as possible? more pew pew, more viewers = more subs

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually it is helping the show at this point. The deviations are more in the line of compressing things a bit to pick the pace up.

Yes, you do have a point there, and they are still telling the same story, even if some of the events are "out of order".

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Last episode was a touch slower but also excellent and gut wrenching. Let's remember that even if they stick to the current decision there is all of this season and all of next season to go.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
And another excellent episode. This one spent quality time with Naomi and let us see her with her son and also him seeing that he is following someone evil. Also, while the wokeasaurus was out in Season 4 this season it is much reduced. Really this season seems to be about a cataclysmic event and how the characters we follow are dealing with it and the ramifications thereof.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
someone want to defend just how Naomi's magic space float, is any different from Leia's in sw's ep 9?

And just when i was feeling relieved at an end to inaros family drama too

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
What Naomi did is actually plausible. She pushed off and as such traveled in a straight line. She also injected herself with some type of medicine to keep her alive a little longer (something to add oxygen to her blood perhaps?).

Leia literally stayed alive and operating in space, put out her hand and flew like Superman through space. No comparison.

As to Inaros family drama, the book they are pacing has a good amount of it at this point. In fact Naomi escapes in the same manner in the book (Nemesis Games). Eventually her son will leave Marco and the Free Navy and the story of Nemesis Games and the next book Babylon's Ashes is the story of the fight against the Free Navy.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
What Naomi did is actually plausible. She pushed off and as such traveled in a straight line. She also injected herself with some type of medicine to keep her alive a little longer (something to add oxygen to her blood perhaps?).

Leia literally stayed alive and operating in space, put out her hand and flew like Superman through space. No comparison.

As to Inaros family drama, the book they are pacing has a good amount of it at this point. In fact Naomi escapes in the same manner in the book (Nemesis Games). Eventually her son will leave Marco and the Free Navy and the story of Nemesis Games and the next book Babylon's Ashes is the story of the fight against the Free Navy.

i really despise making myself look as if i a ma defender of sw ep 9, because i am not, but your reply is heavily biased with your want for this show to maintain its standards that it once had

sure, the injection of oxygenated blood- got it,they laid that down when the reporter was saved by Holden... what about the the sudden drop in pressure? and, after the length of time she was shown floating, it would have been too long for her to move her hand and have the strength to inject herself

which would only maybe, help with the o2 levels,, not the crushed lungs or other damage

i'll stick with what harvard says 1 min and 15 secs maximum

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2013/space-human-body/

worse, the scene does not even jive with other floating scenes in the EXPANSE.. we saw Naomi in control of herself.. before, we saw ppl completely locking up with no control of their bodies before they even exited the lock