Dune: Part 2 - Warner Bros Pictures Official Trailer

Shadow Mann

Staff member
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Way9Dexny3w

The Dune Part 2 official trailer provides a glimpse into the epic continuation of the Dune saga. The trailer showcases stunning visuals, intense action sequences, and powerful performances from the talented cast. It sets the stage for a story that promises to delve deeper into the intricate political and cultural landscapes of the Dune universe.

The trailer also hints at the complex relationships between the characters, particularly the dynamic between Paul Atreides and his sister, Alia. Fans of the novel will be excited to see how these relationships develop on screen.

Overall, the trailer for Dune Part 2 promises an exciting and captivating continuation of the story, leaving viewers eager for more!

Shadow Mann

Staff member
If any of you have watched the first Dune movie in this series, what did you think? I like this newer Dune WAY better than the Lynch movie. It's way closer to the book, and the more cinematic perspective (vs stage play style) just drives the story home IMO. I love that movie, but this one is Dune. Can't wait for Part 2!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This Dune is better than the Lynch Dune (which is easy as Lynch's Dune is a total clusterfarb). I did a review of it in GF here:

The only potential issue I have seen is they may take a side character (Chani) and make her way too important in the story. Hopefully they do not - Dune is Paul's story.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I thought the new Dune was better than the old Dune, but I found it boring and too drawn out, seemingly for the sake of making a pointlessly long movie. The REAL Dune for me is the mini-series starring William Hurt.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
I thought the new Dune was better than the old Dune, but I found it boring and too drawn out, seemingly for the sake of making a pointlessly long movie. The REAL Dune for me is the mini-series starring William Hurt.
I loved that one too. It just abridged the story from the book too much IMO. This newest one closely follows the book, and you are right, it does seem like scenes stretch out just for dramatic or cinematic effect and not because the story needs it.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
This Dune is better than the Lynch Dune (which is easy as Lynch's Dune is a total clusterfarb). I did a review of it in GF here:

The only potential issue I have seen is they may take a side character (Chani) and make her way too important in the story. Hopefully they do not - Dune is Paul's story.
Yeah, they have changed Chani from the book version a bit. I hope they stick to the story as they have been doing! I think Part 2 is the rest of this story, but there could be a Part 3.

Shadow Mann

Staff member

I am going to see this. Evidently it outdoes the first which is a heavy statement considering how good it was IMO. This movie does not end the story, which means there will likely be a third and final installment making this a trilogy. There are other books, but this one needs to end in a third movie. Beyond that is a stretch (to me). It is getting very positive reviews!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Dune 2 is.....okay. Perhaps the best way to put it is if you never read the book you will like it more. If you read the book you'll see it takes major, fundamental story changing liberties with the plot.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Dune 2 is.....okay. Perhaps the best way to put it is if you never read the book you will like it more. If you read the book you'll see it takes major, fundamental story changing liberties with the plot.
I did read the book. Extreme changes?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yeah, pretty extensive.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I never read the full book but I remember seeing the cover of it in High school but I am too keen on the trailer for both 1 and 2.