China tested an EM drive in space?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Is this real? Did the chinese do this to the extent explained or is it propaganda?

I am sure they are doing something..I'd like to think that with all the monies and effort put into non fuel propulsion schemes in the past, that something has come of it by now

so, what do you think? and I don't mean the visuals in the vid, but the info presented

In "english" please :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I think it's a mighty interesting concept. But going on just this video I have doubts that it is real. Surely some news about it would have come to me from other sources by now.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think it's a mighty interesting concept. But going on just this video I have doubts that it is real. Surely some news about it would have come to me from other sources by now.

I agree with you about this too.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
this is from their official government space agency website for that month

dont know if they would have this up though if it were any kind of black project

http://www.cnsa.gov.cn/n6443408/n6465652/n6465653/index.html

Why would anyone even consider this might be true? Does no one realize that the US has satellites literally watched EVERY corner of the earth down to the inch? Do people realize that we have ground based radar and telescopes (as well as space based), watching every inch of near-earth space? I knew even as a kid that there was no Yeti or Loch Ness Monster. Why were so many "grownups" fooled?

If China had the technology to do this, they would be using the technology which led up to it first.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If China had the technology to do this, they would be using the technology which led up to it first

easy wild man! :)

that is why i put it here..to ask...geesh

and just what would be the 'tech which led up to it first"?

and if that had done this, or use this led up to tech, what makes you think are oh so trustworthy agencies would let us know about it?

again, just a question

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i mean, worlds largest floating solar array on three gorges damn's lake is not so easy to cover up. anyone with google earth can see it

something small like this device? not so easy to see

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and how would any of space spaced sats or scopes going to be able to see inside of a chinese ship or station?

again, i am not talking about the visuals in the video but the info

and, why would you not want to see someone achieve this? is it a harmful tech?

is it going to open a rift in space time that massive Kaiju are going to step through? :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
easy wild man! :)

that is why i put it here..to ask...geesh

and just what would be the 'tech which led up to it first"?

and if that had done this, or use this led up to tech, what makes you think are oh so trustworthy agencies would let us know about it?

again, just a question

A magneto-hydraulic drive would be an example. Both the US and Russia have versions of it working, and China just got into this recently:

https://www.popsci.com/china-new-submarine-engine-revolutionize-underwater-warfare

They would need to demonstrate the ability to do some heavy payload lifting. It could be a real report. China could even purchase the heavy lift vehicle from SpaceX or other commercial rocket manufacturers. I would need more information before believing the report.

BTW, you are aware that both the US and Russia already have ion drive (now powering long-range satellites already in space) which is thousands of times more efficient than the current EM drive theorized prototypes, right?

Last edited: