Beverly Hills Cop - Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F Teaser Trailer (2024)

Shadow Mann

Staff member
When I heard this was announced, I was worried they would try and pull a Luke Skywalker drinking green milk thing, or a decrepit Indiana Jones sort of thing. But this looks true to the previous films, and just look at Eddie Murphy! He is 60 years old and looks great. The action looks good, and the music is on point. Looking forward to seeing this! It's gonna be on Netflix.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8whpfC3Zok&themeRefresh=1

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Jesus Christ! For fucking real? That's what Eddy Murphy looks like these days? That man hasn't aged a day since the last time I saw him, which was very very VERY long ago. I guess black really doesn't crack. :D He looks the same as decades ago. That dude is 17 years older than me. I you were to compare a picture of me today to a picture of me two decades ago, you probably wouldn't even think we were the same person. Anyway...

So I did enjoy these movies when I was younger. Might be interesting to see a new one. The trailer didn't really do anything for me though. But Beverly Hills Cop never was high-cinema. It's all about Murphy in this one. Here's hoping he's still got it.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Jesus Christ! For fucking real? That's what Eddy Murphy looks like these days? That man hasn't aged a day since the last time I saw him, which was very very VERY long ago. I guess black really doesn't crack. :D He looks the same as decades ago. That dude is 17 years older than me. I you were to compare a picture of me today to a picture of me two decades ago, you probably wouldn't even think we were the same person. Anyway...

So I did enjoy these movies when I was younger. Might be interesting to see a new one. The trailer didn't really do anything for me though. But Beverly Hills Cop never was high-cinema. It's all about Murphy in this one. Here's hoping he's still got it.
Im looking forward to this, although the timing of it and the pattern of "revive old IP" just might mean they have somebody else in it who will be set up to replace him in future installments. The trailer does not reveal that, but I am hearing rumors about a long-lost daughter.

Last edited:

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan

He doesn't have that much stress in his life and plus he is obviously putting on hair colour or hair dye for sure. He hasn't gone through a lot of failures in his life.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
He doesn't have that much stress in his life and plus he is obviously putting on hair colour or hair dye for sure. He hasn't gone through a lot of failures in his life.
I have to say, many black people look like that at age 60! He is definitely using hair dye.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I will have to rewatch the old BHC movies before I watch this one. Is he going to reboot Trading Places and 48 Hours too?

Shadow Mann

Staff member
I will have to rewatch the old BHC movies before I watch this one. Is he going to reboot Trading Places and 48 Hours too?
Hey there! Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they did that. They seem to ONLY be doing reboots, re-imaginings, retcon-sequels, etc. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Not saying that would be a bad thing, but yeah!
Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Don’t give them ideas….a woke version of Trading Places would be pretty frightening.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Don’t give them ideas….a woke version of Trading Places would be pretty frightening.
I could see them trying it! I can also see a new woke remake of Dr Doolittle. At this point, Disney is basically a movie bomb factory.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Disney will continue to be a bomb factory until they wise up about what is wrong with the way they are making all their content (not just movies):

1) Heavy handed lecturing about "the message" which no one is interested in hearing

2) Poor overall writing resulting in shallow characters and outright dumb plotlines

3) Going WAY over budget largely caused by over reliance on CGI and....

4) Too many reshoots. To have to redo a scene or two is one thing - to have half or more of a film reshot is insane.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Disney will continue to be a bomb factory until they wise up about what is wrong with the way they are making all their content (not just movies):

1) Heavy handed lecturing about "the message" which no one is interested in hearing

2) Poor overall writing resulting in shallow characters and outright dumb plotlines

3) Going WAY over budget largely caused by over reliance on CGI and....

4) Too many reshoots. To have to redo a scene or two is one thing - to have half or more of a film reshot is insane.
With the big Board shakeup which will likely happen at Disney within the coming months, things could change drastically.