ANDOR: Star Wars

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
1667192908764.png
Some still have issues keeping up with timeline and seem to be stuck in release order instead :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I figured they would.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
any of you notice this about this particular Cell of Rebels- the Luthen, Mon Mothma small group? Seems like we have a group of Social elites - The leader of the Strike Team on Aldhani, Vel Sartha, is Mon Mothma's cousin, who also grew up very wealthy to privilege. Kleya also seems to be from this background as does Luthen

they are all over eager to use people from the lower classes-- the entire Aldhani strike team and Cassian as well as Bex on Ferrix, to achieve their goals and then to have them all killed in the Op or execute them themselves afterwards

almost as if they are a part of a Group of elitists who are bitter that THEY ARE NOT running the Empire as the Imperials; that they only ant to to overthrow the Empire so that they can replace the Empire with their own Elitist rule

otherwise, why would Rebels, the type we see in Rogue One, the type of person Mon Mothma becomes, who Bail Organa is-- act in this way? (they don't) they use every man and woman as an asset and add them to their ranks

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I have to admit I did not totally notice all that. I was just enjoying a generally okay show.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I have to admit I did not totally notice all that. I was just enjoying a generally okay show.
Did you catch the scene with Luthen and Saw Gerrara? Saw has issues with certain people in the Rebellion.. I think it is these types of people he is speaking of; "fair weather Rebels" who don't really want a full scale war and therefore maybe don't really want an Army?

not sure if this is intentional writing, the way I am picking it up, i have seen only a couple of other ppl comment on it "Preppy Rebels" and so on

i mean, IRL it is NOT the way you would build an actual REBEL Army- killing off your best operatives after each Op. not exactly good for recruiting :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Not sure I get that image.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
I don't have a lot of vitriol for this show. It's a safe entry into Star Wars TV, and is watchable. Nothing too earth-shattering, but definitely watchable. I like it better than Obi-Wan, but not as much as The Mandalorian.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I don't have a lot of vitriol for this show. It's a safe entry into Star Wars TV, and is watchable. Nothing too earth-shattering, but definitely watchable. I like it better than Obi-Wan, but not as much as The Mandalorian.
sure but have you watched it? i think if you and @Joelist have, then the meme would be self explanatory

all the shows listed on it EXCEPT for ANDOR contribute to the "fan service" cake with heavy use of member berries and legacy characters

at least nothing that the casual fan would know.. only deep connections are made, like those of us who know what characters are inferred into canon just by the appearance of the relics in Luthen's shop

or just how the TIE fighter launch sequence in THE EYE is so reminiscent of the same scene in the YT fan film TIE FIGHTER

Shadow Mann

Staff member
sure but have you watched it? i think if you and @Joelist have, then the meme would be self explanatory

all the shows listed on it EXCEPT for ANDOR contribute to the "fan service" cake with heavy use of member berries and legacy characters

at least nothing that the casual fan would know.. only deep connections are made, like those of us who know what characters are inferred into canon just by the appearance of the relics in Luthen's shop

or just how the TIE fighter launch sequence in THE EYE is so reminiscent of the same scene in the YT fan film TIE FIGHTER
At this point, "fan service" is exactly what Star Wars needs if Disney is going to stop bleeding money to the tune of billions per year. They really have no business trying new things or getting people to fall in love with new characters before putting themselves on solid footing. They have lots of work to do!

Andor seems to me to be a safe, middle-of-the-road Star Wars entry which so far has not destroyed canon or existing characters. I never saw that fan film you mentioned.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I never saw that fan film you mentioned.
i posted it on page 1 of this thread.. me and 13 million other actual SW's fans have viewed it :)

I had hopes for The Bad Batch, but they ruined it and ruined Stormtroopers for me.
how did they ruin BAD BATCH? how did it ruin stormtroopers when the BAD BATCH are not stormtroopers?

i don't know what you gripe with animation is, those shows are not for kids

Shadow Mann

Staff member
i posted it on page 1 of this thread.. me and 13 million other actual SW's fans have viewed it :)

how did they ruin BAD BATCH? how did it ruin stormtroopers when the BAD BATCH are not stormtroopers?

i don't know what you gripe with animation is, those shows are not for kids
I will check it out.

Bad Batch was ruined by this (Omega) IMO:
1668447999788.png

Regarding animation, I see all of it as something existing below live action. As an adult well over 50 years of age, animation to me is like doing calculus with crayons. It will never seem adult to me, but that does not mean that I can't enjoy it.:beckett_new049: I LOVED The Clone Wars S1-6, hated Rebels and was just okay with Clone Wars S7

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Okay. I get it now. I have been driving all weekend (two long road trips) and as such wasn't tuned in.

I like Andor overall. It's okay if a little slow but it does not insult the fanbase and actually feels a little like blade runner. Like Shadow Mann I still think Mando is the best we have seen.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I will check it out.

Bad Batch was ruined by this (Omega) IMO:
View attachment 35717

Regarding animation, I see all of it as something existing below live action. As an adult well over 50 years of age, animation to me is like doing calculus with crayons. It will never seem adult to me, but that does not mean that I can't enjoy it.:beckett_new049: I LOVED The Clone Wars S1-6, hated Rebels and was just okay with Clone Wars S7
what's wrong with Omega?

she was 'pet project' of Nala Se , made different on purpose

you often seem to have 'issues' with female characters

on animation.. was HEAVY METAL for kids?