Star WARS: The Acolyte

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
BUT in a failure of writing they don't mention WHY (to find Ezra)
they expect everyone to have been following along, didn't they? If one had watched REBELS then they know why she is after Thrawn

i think the biggest issue with her dialogue/actions in Mandalorian via THrawn hunting is why do they have her thinking so shallowly?

as in "ok we saw Ezra connect to these Pergils, that are seldom seen, no one knows where they are from,, maybe even from unknown regions of space.. so WHY is Ahsoka asking some Imperial warlord? Like the Pergils were doing Thrawns' bidding, not Ezra's"

""What did your Imperial Scum space whales do with my friend Ezra!!""

that, doesn't work, but that is the disconnect I got from it

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Both, kinda! They needed to take in everything before writing The Acolyte. They seem to be treating that era as a blank slate they can just put anything on. They don't take much of the lore into account.
think the only bit of SWs lore the ACY writers are using is

"Jedi were stuck up, obtuse assholes and thats how we are going to portray them"

when that is true of any organization that is that large, I am sure- ( I think?) that others would not write the Jedi as this obnoxious across their entire membership; where the 'normal' Jedi are seen as recluses hiding out on a jungle planet or in some quasi catatonic, floating exile

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
they expect everyone to have been following along, didn't they? If one had watched REBELS then they know why she is after Thrawn

i think the biggest issue with her dialogue/actions in Mandalorian via THrawn hunting is why do they have her thinking so shallowly?

as in "ok we saw Ezra connect to these Pergils, that are seldom seen, no one knows where they are from,, maybe even from unknown regions of space.. so WHY is Ahsoka asking some Imperial warlord? Like the Pergils were doing Thrawns' bidding, not Ezra's"

""What did your Imperial Scum space whales do with my friend Ezra!!""

that, doesn't work, but that is the disconnect I got from it
Ok, this is hard at 6:40 am.......... LOL
I think the pergils were meant to represent Ezra's unique connection to the force, he does it via "creatures" (rime of the ancient mariner anyone??)
Why Ahsoka is asking is she was his 2IC or confidant who was not aboard the ship who jumped to the outer regions, it's like a Christie novel or playing Cludo, she is hunting clue's.
HOWEVER, it was not Thrawn that did it, it was Ezra , and why she does not realize that is pretty screwy. She should have realized that Ezra saw a greater threat and tried to remove it, even at the cost of himself, or n other words being an actual Jedi, or the warriors they were made to be.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i am in the no column

1721336342800.png

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I agree with the top comment, how is their NOT an Old republic series or movie??

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well that was fun (the Acolyte)....

Between the dreadful acting, laughably bad choreography, wildly erratic pacing and ridiculous story and characterizations what was there not to like? </SARC> I'll note the witches turned out to be one of the lesser issues. Also we again had a "writer" flip characterizations, making the Jedi evil. Maybe be charitable and call it incompetent.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Get ready for massive disappointment! I have some fairly reliable intel which indicated that there was ALWAYS going to be a Season 2 for this series, and that all of the public buzz being manufactured by shills on social media, and vague articles online trying to get some engagement for the show is nothing but smoke and mirrors. This show, with it's abysmal viewership, fan rejection and having the distinction of being the least successful Star Wars show ever made, is going to get a Season 2 anyway. Watch.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
i am in the no column

View attachment 35866
Well, that got cancelled after season 1

it's reached 53,000 signatures on here to bring it back.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Get ready for massive disappointment! I have some fairly reliable intel which indicated that there was ALWAYS going to be a Season 2 for this series, and that all of the public buzz being manufactured by shills on social media, and vague articles online trying to get some engagement for the show is nothing but smoke and mirrors. This show, with it's abysmal viewership, fan rejection and having the distinction of being the least successful Star Wars show ever made, is going to get a Season 2 anyway. Watch.
It's been cancelled after season 1.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFxawJjc8xM

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Rightfully cancelled. It was not simply an insult to Star Wars but to intelligent thought as well.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Apparently Keanuu Reeves was meant to play one of the characters but turned it down.
turned it down due to scheduling conflicts with another film of his

but, if he had been available, I would think he would of jumped ship when he read the script

Disney/Lucasfilm wants him for other projects from what I have read for a few years now, not sure exactly what

@Gatefan1976

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
turned it down due to scheduling conflicts with another film of his

but, if he had been available, I would think he would of jumped ship when he read the script

Disney/Lucasfilm wants him for other projects from what I have read for a few years now, not sure exactly what

@Gatefan1976
I asked Chatgpt to give me anagram of both Disney and Lucas Film and it gave me this

Disfuncylame

Candyles, Decaysnil, Cladiness

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
With Star Wars effectively dead those seem to fit.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
They NEED to do an old republic series, Live action or animated (clone wars was brilliant!!) Just tap into that side of SW and they could revive it.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Well, I was wrong about this one! Disney made the right decision and canceled the show which was driven (finally!) by metrics and not agenda. Unfortunately, their development process for movies remains vulnerable to the length of time it takes to go from start to finish, which seems longer than the time fads come and go. Wokeness is dead in film, and those films which highlight it become dead or arrive dead.