Star WARS: The Acolyte

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Knights of the Old Republic is generally considered to be the gold standard of Star Wars pc/console games. I was also partial to Star Wars Rebellion because it was 4X and it had hilarious dialogue you could engage in especially with Vader and Palpatine.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Have you never seen them before dude? Not badfor a 15 year old game!!
Nope never seen them before at all. Hell, I would say not bad for something that looks better than the recent movies and spin off of star wars combined. Bad Reboot(Robot) and Kennedy did a number on Star wars at ruining star wars.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Knights of the Old Republic is generally considered to be the gold standard of Star Wars pc/console games. I was also partial to Star Wars Rebellion because it was 4X and it had hilarious dialogue you could engage in especially with Vader and Palpatine.
We Should get a group and play SW:TOR, I know I have said it before, but just on my toons alone I could fuel an entire group, getting all the good stuff. I have not logged in for months, but I still pay the sub (a HUGE 15 bucks a month) but it would be fun. As I said before, after mum died and my marriage collapsed I turned inwards for quite some time, and not in a healthy way. Not the stay at home dad I was when I got really into it, hell, I am working more hours now than ever, but the release would be fun to pick up again.The Ex is sick, my eldest is sick, so I will be home this weekend. If anyone wants to do it, I might just be up for it.
KOTOR remains a wonderful game, even better than WOW.
Come on folks, join me in galaxy a long time away!!
Peice of advice though, Sub for at least one month, it puts you into preferred status permanently which gives SO many advantages.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
results of a opinion poll from one YT community of 133,000 subs

1718512406409.png

Shadow Mann

Staff member
The Acolyte is not being received well. It currently sits at 15% at Rotten Tomatoes. That makes it the lowest rated Star Wars anything in it's entire history. WHY is it at this level? Because of woke messaging, the destruction of The Force by attaching it to a coven of witches, the erasure of Anakin's role as the chosen one by having TWO before him who had no fathers.

So, if somebody find themself praising this show, the changes and the writing, that's fine. They just have to accept the fact that they are in the tiny little group of Disney Star Wars fans that like the show. I am okay with that. I am not okay with the studio and trolls attacking the fans and customers because they don't like what they say about the shows.

1718687271230.png

They even went after The Critical Drinker who I saw rise from a mere 25K subs in 2020 to over 2M in 2024 because he is seen as a trusted source, giving honest and non-committed OBJECTIVE reviews. He is more popular and has more subs than most mainstream media, including Rotten Tomatoes itself who has hundreds of thousands of fewer subscriptions on YT.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNsC-slcdYk

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I have to admit I was not surprised The Acolyte turned out to be a train wreck. Back when it was first revealed as in work fans across the spectrum were pleading with Disney not to use Leslye Headland and a show runner - she has a reputation as a fan baiter and as a LGBTQ activist who puts her activism into her work product. And exactly as expected the show reflects her activism. And this time the thumbs down are coming from across the spectrum. Lesson Disney won't learn - audiences care more about a good story and compelling characters than ticking representation boxes.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
I have to admit I was not surprised The Acolyte turned out to be a train wreck. Back when it was first revealed as in work fans across the spectrum were pleading with Disney not to use Leslye Headland and a show runner - she has a reputation as a fan baiter and as a LGBTQ activist who puts her activism into her work product. And exactly as expected the show reflects her activism. And this time the thumbs down are coming from across the spectrum. Lesson Disney won't learn - audiences care more about a good story and compelling characters than ticking representation boxes.
Yes, and this time for this show, the shills have given up defending it. Only the little-read entertainment sites are posting good reviews for it, which are clearly not accurate. I watched the first three episodes, and I am done after the 3rd one. The damage done by it to the whole of Star Wars (from this point forward) is incalculable. It is universe-destroying to Star Wars IMO.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
The Acolyte is not being received well. It currently sits at 15% at Rotten Tomatoes. That makes it the lowest rated Star Wars anything in it's entire history. WHY is it at this level? Because of woke messaging, the destruction of The Force by attaching it to a coven of witches, the erasure of Anakin's role as the chosen one by having TWO before him who had no fathers.

So, if somebody find themself praising this show, the changes and the writing, that's fine. They just have to accept the fact that they are in the tiny little group of Disney Star Wars fans that like the show. I am okay with that. I am not okay with the studio and trolls attacking the fans and customers because they don't like what they say about the shows.

View attachment 35856
They even went after The Critical Drinker who I saw rise from a mere 25K subs in 2020 to over 2M in 2024 because he is seen as a trusted source, giving honest and non-committed OBJECTIVE reviews. He is more popular and has more subs than most mainstream media, including Rotten Tomatoes itself who has hundreds of thousands of fewer subscriptions on YT.

This is George lucas saying that hollywood is rehashing what has made in the past but turning into worse.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzdXSOrjsAI

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

View attachment 35856

while the show- so far and I see no reason how/why it will/can get better- is FAR BELOW all standards of quality that that of a SW's fan fiction 'movie' on YT...

there is, per canon, NOTHING wrong with Force using Witches

that is exactly what the Nightsisters were, both on Dathomir and on Arcana in the Peridia galaxy. Where it seems they may have had an even closer and more ancient connection to the Mortis Gods than anyone else

but this show? nah...

and the Jedi? I get they are trying to play out what we have been told about the Jedi's history and actions that led to their downfall; their hubris and attitude- but the acting is terrible. The production team literally had to teach a Korean actor English to get a actor to play Sol.. maybe no one else would take the part

Shadow Mann

Staff member
while the show- so far and I see no reason how/why it will/can get better- is FAR BELOW all standards of quality that that of a SW's fan fiction 'movie' on YT...

that is exactly what the Nightsisters were, both on Dathomir and on Arcana in the Peridia galaxy. Where it seems they may have had an even closer and more ancient connection to the Mortis Gods than anyone else

but this show? nah...

and the Jedi? I get they are trying to play out what we have been told about the Jedi's history and actions that led to their downfall; their hubris and attitude- but the acting is terrible. The production team literally had to teach a Korean actor English to get a actor to play Sol.. maybe no one else would take the part
This is an excellent explanation of how they lacked an understanding of Star Wars lore and "near-canon" elements of the EU. They had all of that material, plus George's notes and they STILL managed to mess it up. And they did it in such a way that it burned the bridge going back. They would have to introduce time travel or use the Veil of the Force to do it.

Last edited:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

but this show? nah...

I always wished that when they introduced the Nightsisters to SW Canon in Clone wars, we would have gotten ONE ep of them on Rancor's..........

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Notice she never attacks the fans. And she never has. Neither has Adam Driver. Neither has John Boyega. The vitriol has come from Kennedy, Rian Johnson and the writers. The actors know better and understand the viewpoint of the fans.

We also saw this recently when Dakota Johnson and Sydney Sweeney both flat out bashed the film they had starred in (Madame Web) when asked about it after release and likewise have not attacked the fans.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This is an excellent explanation of how they lacked an understanding of Star Wars lore and "near-canon" elements of the EU. They had all of that material, plus George's notes and they STILL managed to mess it up. And they did it in such a way that it burned the bridge going back. They would have to introduce time travel or use the Veil of the Force to do it.
which show are you talking of; the Acolyte and Ahsoka?

there is a S2 of Ahsoka coming.. sometime :(

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I watched e4 of this show (because yes i have completion disease) and it is also seemingly, predictable

'Smilo Ren' (whoever the 'Sith' is in the helmet with the glued on Chicklets smiley face) is either Mae's 'guide' or. its Mae's mother

--------------------------------------
another YTr, who is a BIG time SW's fan, so much so that SW's is pretty much all she makes vids about, is not very impressed by this show

check out the most recent video of hers.. she is English, so her criticisms are 'couched' by definitely there and very harsh if you are used to how she normally speaks - she defi. does not like this show at all

EDIT-- THE 'WATCH ON YOUTUBE' LINK WORKS!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoDwcFStTXA

Shadow Mann

Staff member
which show are you talking of; the Acolyte and Ahsoka?

there is a S2 of Ahsoka coming.. sometime :(
Both, kinda! They needed to take in everything before writing The Acolyte. They seem to be treating that era as a blank slate they can just put anything on. They don't take much of the lore into account.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
as in riding them right? :)

you have watched Ahsoka, yes? what did you think of their role in that (so far)?
I possibly have, I love Ahsoka as a character, and a good concept (one sadly missing from attack of the clones) Rosario Dawson played her extremely well in Mando. The only odd part of her arc in Mando was SHE was after Thrawn. I know Thrawn was in Rebels and so was Ahsoka. BUT in a failure of writing they don't mention WHY (to find Ezra)