Riddick (2013) New Badass Official Teaser Trailer

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
For want of a bowel obstruction we're subjected to more Vin Diesel films, sigh... :moody:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Looks good yeah, nice to see what Batista is doing now (the big dude standing next to Katie Sackhoff)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Here's a newer trailer:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
From what I gather so far Riddick is doing pretty well. You have the usual mixed reviews on a Riddick film but the positives are even the negative ones say it does get back to the stripped down aesthetic of Pitch Black, which is a good thing.

Box office wise it should easily make its production budget back by the end of today.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Hope they at least rudimentary address his being the King of the Necromongers, and he got out of it...simply ignoring such a huge plot development for a character won't just go away.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Hope they at least rudimentary address his being the King of the Necromongers, and he got out of it...simply ignoring such a huge plot development for a character won't just go away.

It was mentioned somewhere that they catch you up on that in the first few minutes.

I wouldn't care if they ignored it. It sucked. It was the Highlander 2 of the Riddick world.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It was mentioned somewhere that they catch you up on that in the first few minutes.

I wouldn't care if they ignored it. It sucked. It was the Highlander 2 of the Riddick world.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah but its there, and everyone who is a RIDDICK fan knows it, it can't just go away without some explanation. When you take such an outcast like Riddick and put him in such a position of power, you can't just 'rewrite' and move on. He is supposed to be 'Mr Individual bad-ass' not the 'King' of anything.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Don't worry, they handled it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That part of the movie has been spoiled more or less, and is why Karl Urban reprises his role as Vaako in it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That part of the movie has been spoiled more or less, and is why Karl Urban reprises his role as Vaako in it.

Okay, so you are not sure if they "handled it" or how. :( They really need to handle it, and somewhat in detail...they cant just leave it hanging, since Riddick is a Furian and the Necromongers were terrified of them, and in the last movie he was their leader (and thus commands all their ships everywhere as well as the Necromongers). What about the fine-ass Necromonger Queen? He got her too. They BETTER "handle it".

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Okay, so you are not sure if they "handled it" or how. :( They really need to handle it, and somewhat in detail...they cant just leave it hanging, since Riddick is a Furian and the Necromongers were terrified of them, and in the last movie he was their leader (and thus commands all their ships everywhere as well as the Necromongers). What about the fine-ass Necromonger Queen? He got her too. They BETTER "handle it".

They did handle it. I saw a clip.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Care to share (please)?

Ok so I found that clip on YT (there are some bs fan ones on there as well)

but I am not buying-without further explanation-how a guy like Riddick, the "most dangerous man in the galaxy' got ambushed so easily. I mean what is the point of making a new movie showing how bad assed he is if he couldn't see a coup coming or at least defend against it?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ok so I found that clip on YT (there are some bs fan ones on there as well)

but I am not buying-without further explanation-how a guy like Riddick, the "most dangerous man in the galaxy' got ambushed so easily. I mean what is the point of making a new movie showing how bad assed he is if he couldn't see a coup coming or at least defend against it?

Okay...this looks good. :)