Riddick (2013) New Badass Official Teaser Trailer

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This looks awesome! But I really hope they pick off there they left off, with him being the leader of the Necromancers.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This looks awesome! But I really hope they pick off there they left off, with him being the leader of the Necromancers.

so do i--but i bet they won't

i would love to see what riddick would have made his army do-like rebuild the worlds they destroyed--all while fending off "you keep what you kill" attacks

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
so do i--but i bet they won't

i would love to see what riddick would have made his army do-like rebuild the worlds they destroyed--all while fending off "you keep what you kill" attacks

Yeah dude, you are probably right about that. :( The trailer sure does not look like he is playing the role of the King of the Necromancers. That would have been cool for him to rebuild the worlds they destroyed. I wonder if Judi Densch will reprise her Elemental role?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yeah dude, you are probably right about that. :( The trailer sure does not look like he is playing the role of the King of the Necromancers. That would have been cool for him to rebuild the worlds they destroyed. I wonder if Judi Densch will reprise her Elemental role?

Kind of like his fairy god mother or jiminy cricket?

though i really like the "universe" of riddick, the films come off as being in "camo". say, Schwarzenegger's COMMANDO in space

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
necromongers* least get yer damned names on shit straigth Before continuing on to butcher a good concept with wishes for them to continue chronicles.. you two should BE ashamed and your nerd privlages suspended indefinitly for even suggestiong what you just have.
--- merged: Mar 25, 2013 3:20 PM ---
http://riddick.wikia.com/wiki/Necromonger_Empire

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
necromongers* least get yer damned names on shit straigth Before continuing on to butcher a good concept with wishes for them to continue chronicles.. you two should BE ashamed and your nerd privlages suspended indefinitly for even suggestiong what you just have.
--- merged: Mar 25, 2013 3:20 PM ---
http://riddick.wikia.com/wiki/Necromonger_Empire

Necromonger...okay, but I was close enough! Whatever they were, Riddick close the last movie as King of them :) The trailer from this new movie does not seem to still have him in that role. I hope they at least connect the movies together. Pitch Black did not really connect to The Chronicles of Riddick that well, but it was obviously in the same universe. Maybe they will do it right, maybe not...we shall see!

OMNI

Pitch Black is the good movie in this franchise and chronicles while somewhat enjoyable is mostly pure crap imo and im all for going back to the original concept and pretending chronicles never happened as suggested by this teaser.

EDIT: lol my 6666th post... do i win a prize or does this just add to my "i am the devil" persona?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Pitch Black is the good movie in this franchise and chronicles while somewhat enjoyable is mostly pure crap imo and im all for going back to the original concept and pretending chronicles never happened as suggested by this teaser.

EDIT: lol my 6666th post... do i win a prize or does this just add to my "i am the devil" persona?

I also liked Pitch Black better than Chronicles. It was darker and more gritty. Chronicles was a "package" and was not as good, but I did like the story. As far as the 6666th post, CONGRATULATIONS! When are you gonna replace your avatar??? :P

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Necromonger...okay, but I was close enough! Whatever they were, Riddick close the last movie as King of them :) The trailer from this new movie does not seem to still have him in that role. I hope they at least connect the movies together. Pitch Black did not really connect to The Chronicles of Riddick that well, but it was obviously in the same universe. Maybe they will do it right, maybe not...we shall see!

PB connected--he was a prisoner in the film-presumably to eventually end up on the "hades" planet (?)- a then of course there are the other character tie ins-the young girl and the boy and his dad from new mecca.

you watch though-they 'll pull some "explain it away during the opening credits" sphill ala SGU and their explaining how they ditched the Novans in the opening conversation Fat boy and the mad scientist were having--that would piss me off more then a total avoidance of the subject.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Loved Pitch Black, enjoyed Chronicles for what it was but I wouldn't shed a tear if they didn't continue the Necromongers story line. Riddick isn't supposed to be king of the "I see dead people" people, nobly leading a civilization of ex-planetary exterminators to rebuild worlds and spread love, rainbows and unicorns across the galaxy. They have the Care Bears for that. He's a dangerous wanted criminal and all around badass. An anti-hero of sorts. That's the story I wanna see.

OMNI

Loved Pitch Black, enjoyed Chronicles for what it was but I wouldn't shed a tear if they didn't continue the Necromongers story line. Riddick isn't supposed to be king of the "I see dead people" people, nobly leading a civilization of ex-planetary exterminators to rebuild worlds and spread love, rainbows and unicorns across the galaxy. They have the Care Bears for that. He's a dangerous wanted criminal and all around badass. An anti-hero of sorts. That's the story I wanna see.
preferably R-rated.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Maybe he abdicated to that other dude? This guy:

the-chronicles-of-riddick-70513.jpg

But if he was smart, he banged his new Queen like a piston :)

thandie-newton-chronicles-of-riddick-2.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I also liked both Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick. And yes they will need to explain in the plot how it is that he no longer is the ruler of the Necromongers - since while he is no sane Merc would try to catch him.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I also liked both Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick. And yes they will need to explain in the plot how it is that he no longer is the ruler of the Necromongers - since while he is no sane Merc would try to catch him.

hopefully we won't have to wiki that to get some off screen explanation :rolleye0014:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Fortunately Riddick is not in the hands of the "Defiance" team...

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
<---*hugs Joe for keeping the scifi alive in the face of overwhelming political discussion*