Ratings Predictions Thread for Sanctuary

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Uh oh.

At least we didn't have to wait all weekend for the ratings...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...covert-affairs-up-supersmackdown-more/112264/

955,000 and .4 18-49

:(

cancellationbear.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Kate, I miss you!

Every time I think about how the show changed when Kate came onboard, I smile. Gone was the Buffy-like camp when Asley was in the picture, yet we did not have the utterly lame thing going on like with Abby and Will. I would have puked if both Will and Abby were shipping whilst Henry and Erica were shipping at the same time. I distinctly remember Henry giving Erica the almost married peck and saying "hi Honey" when she returned to the Sanctuary pregnant. :facepalm:

Why cant we have...

kate.jpg

The coolest stories so far have been with Kate on the Team...IMO.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It will be interesting to see the Friday ratings. It is after all the same episode just in its normal slot.

As to Kate she'll be back - remember she just had a conflict that kept her out of filming most of this season. The nice thing this season is that there has only been one "shipping-ish" episode and the rest have been pretty good.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I would start those "Save Sanctuary" Campaigns. :(

What kind of numbers do they need to hit to stay in business?

I really thought it was odd that they would run a new episode the Friday after Thanksgiving and then another one out of the blue the following Tuesday. Normally SyFy avoids the holidays like the plague. :P

S

Stonelesscutter

I don't think a save Sanctuary campaign is gonna make any difference. Also I have a feeling this will be the last season, no 5th one coming.

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
What kind of numbers do they need to hit to stay in business?

I really thought it was odd that they would run a new episode the Friday after Thanksgiving and then another one out of the blue the following Tuesday. Normally SyFy avoids the holidays like the plague. :P

A 0.4 18 to 49 demo is not bad, but anything from a 0.5 to higher is better. The total viewers can dip if the 18 to 49 demo stays high. I just don't think a 0.4 on a 4 year old show is going to cut it.

SciphonicStranger

A 0.4 18 to 49 demo is not bad, but anything from a 0.5 to higher is better. The total viewers can dip if the 18 to 49 demo stays high. I just don't think a 0.4 on a 4 year old show is going to cut it.

Luckily I am over 18 and under 49 - now I just need someone to hook me up with a nielsen box. :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I would start those "Save Sanctuary" Campaigns. :(

So, any good suggestions? Warehouse 13 is sounding good. I dont see many threads on that show here but it gets decent ratings. As far as Sanctuary, they are already on a "lean model" and they dont spend that much on it so if it is still failing with that going that isnt a good sign. :(

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Eh..I think "save" campaigns are likely premature. They did a first run on a holiday weekend and the ratings went down - hardly surprising. Let's see how Chimera does tomorrow. I think the Tuesday reruns are to fill a schedule gap - running a show you already have twice is less expensive.

Sanctuary has been pretty good this season save for one episode where they let the shipping occur.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Eh..I think "save" campaigns are likely premature. They did a first run on a holiday weekend and the ratings went down - hardly surprising. Let's see how Chimera does tomorrow. I think the Tuesday reruns are to fill a schedule gap - running a show you already have twice is less expensive.

Sanctuary has been pretty good this season save for one episode where they let the shipping occur.

Save (insert) campaigns dont work. And I have to look closely at what type of person goes for them. They seem to be lacking logic when it comes to those campaigns. A good example is the current Save SGU campaign, as well as the other Save Stargate campaigns. There are no sets, the original actors are under new contracts to do different shows, they have aged and the original writers are unavailable (or undesirable). All of the "save" measures come in the form of moving airing dates, leading them in with other shows, firing expensive elements/actors from the show, etc. Have any of these campaigns been anything OTHER than a waste of time?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
There was a successful save campaign that got Jericho a second season and also one that got La Femme Nikita a proper sendoff season.

SciphonicStranger

There was a successful save campaign that got Jericho a second season and also one that got La Femme Nikita a proper sendoff season.

But there wasn't a big purple dinosaur ready to chomp on those shows. :rolleyes:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's my super Barney!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's my super Barney!

BAD Barney! You have to tell him he just cant eat random people when he gets the munchies. :) Only let him eat BAD people! :P

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
BAD Barney! You have to tell him he just cant eat random people when he gets the munchies. :) Only let him eat BAD people! :P

But he also sings after he eats people!

S

Stonelesscutter

Could we please keep this thread on topic. The ratings predictions are being buried here.