Multicellular Life Evolves in Laboratory

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'd just be happy with a multicellular yeast strain that could self-replicate itself into beer -- over and over and over. ;)

LOL! How about self-replenishing "toilet paper" that is actually a plant which grows in a cylinder and has "paper" layers like an onion. :). How about plum sized GRAPES?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
LOL! How about self-replenishing "toilet paper" that is actually a plant which grows in a cylinder and has "paper" layers like an onion. :). How about plum sized GRAPES?

Or grape sized plums. ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I'd just be happy with a multicellular yeast strain that could self-replicate itself into beer -- over and over and over. ;)

Or sexbots. We can never have enough sexbots. ;) :D

S

Stonelesscutter

OMG, this is SO COOL. :) The danger in this type of experimentation is that the search for the "ultimate life form" could mean the end of all others. An uber-successful organism like that would be able to out reproduce, out consume, out defend and outgrow all others. :(. I love the experiment because it reveals the real life example of how multicellular organisms evolve. But the real excitement will come when the raw DNA molecule can be tweaked by using a keyboard and monitor. :) The same molecule that makes humans also makes fleas and palm trees.

If there was some sort of blueprint for such a super creature that could out-reproduce, out-consume, out-defend, outgrow and out-whatever all others, I think mother nature would have found it by now.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
If there was some sort of blueprint for such a super creature that could out-reproduce, out-consume, out-defend, outgrow and out-whatever all others, I think mother nature would have found it by now.

It has been found --

Alien.jpg

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
If I recall correctly that particular creature was outwitted and executed by a woman of over 200 years of age.

and some say there is no place in the world for us tough old broads! ;) :evil: