Is This Good or Bad?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
My kid has a small dog named Abigail, but my most common nickname for her is Abydos.

Have I watched entirely too much Stargate? LOL

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
My kid has a small dog named Abigail, but my most common nickname for her is Abydos.

I have goldfish named Ori and Vala so probably not. :tongue:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Not at all. It'll just confuse the poor mutt. :D

G

Graybrew1

If it is a way to keep the franchise alive for you, then go with it. One never knows what the future might have in store for us.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
If it is a way to keep the franchise alive for you, then go with it. One never knows what the future might have in store for us.
Abs is a real sweetheart. She's got these enormous dark eyes that a friend of mine insists makes her do a much better job of making you do what she wants than Banderas' "Puss In Boots" character.

I find myself quite inclined to agree with my friend. LOL
image.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Abs is a real sweetheart. She's got these enormous dark eyes that a friend of mine insists makes her do a much better job of making you do what she wants than Banderas' "Puss In Boots" character.

I find myself quite inclined to agree with my friend. LOL
View attachment 7631

Awwww. Call her anything you want, I call her cute!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Dogs really aren't my cup of tea.

I love dogs, I just don't want to have one as a pet after having them when I was younger. Too high maintenance! Cats are the ultimate pet, since they clean themselves, groom themselves, entertain themselves and dont bark. They dont need to be walked. But I still love them. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Definitely some Border Collie in there.

Speaking as someone who has a Border Collie:

Honey laydown.jpg

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
We need more cute pet pictures!

cute-golden-retriever-and-kitten.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Definitely some Border Collie in there.

Speaking as someone who has a Border Collie:

View attachment 7645

I love Border Collies. :) They seem more friendly and expressive than other dogs. The only dogs I have ever seen on surfboards, skateboards or going absolutely NUTS over frisbees are Border Collies. Its a favorite beach dog in my area.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
We need more cute pet pictures!

View attachment 7646

Lots of cats and dogs are best buddies. I think some people dont realize that. The cats will usually make friends with the dog first, and the dog is like WTF? But they can become the best of friends, even with one protecting the other.

I just found out why my cat Siete has his name. He is a "polydact", and he has 6 fully formed toes and fingers on each leg, and one stunted one for a total of 7 appendages on each foot! I had no idea this was so common, but evidently it first appeared in the Maine Coon cat which was imported. Siete has some Maine Coon in him which is why he is such a big cat. Man, what I could do with 7 fingers and toes!

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I love Border Collies. :) They seem more friendly and expressive than other dogs. The only dogs I have ever seen on surfboards, skateboards or going absolutely NUTS over frisbees are Border Collies. Its a favorite beach dog in my area.

I love Border Collies as well. :) They are probably my favorite kind of dog, and I'm happy that I actually know someone who has one. Though unfortunately he's getting a bit on in age, so he'll probably be here much longer... :(

Golden Retrievers are wonderful dogs as well. :)
PDil9.png

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

As I understand it Border Collies are at the top of the list for intelligence in dogs. As dogs go they are "smart". They do great in obstacle course competitions and tasks that require "thinking" (which is to say the writing staff for SGU could have used a Border Collie).