In the midst of a cheat! Five Guys

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Im at Five Guys, endulging a cheat. Want to test pictures since place is basically empty.

1441766315694.jpg

When i come here it means that i want a huge sloppy burger i cant make at home. And those cajun fries, cant make em. :)

Cheats crammed into a single day are handled differently by the body than regular cheats. At least that is my excuse!

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well then REALLY cheat!!!! Order two of those burgers and eat em in one sitting!!!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
You know the weird thing is when I cheat I no longer have a desire for french fries (or potatoes in any fashion). When I was a kid and had McDonald's fries it was a treat. But now as an adult I don't enjoy french fries anymore. And I'm not alone in this. A friend just commented to me that he thinks the Applebees (I think it was Applebees) promotion of all-you-can-eat french fries is really unappealing. Of course I agreed. I mean honestly, who the hell loves fried potatoes so much that they would want to go to a place that offers an unlimited supply of them? Screw that. Give me an all-you-can-eat option on meat and then I'll be good to go.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well then REALLY cheat!!!! Order two of those burgers and eat em in one sitting!!!

I already ordered too much.
You know the weird thing is when I cheat I no longer have a desire for french fries (or potatoes in any fashion). When I was a kid and had McDonald's fries it was a treat. But now as an adult I don't enjoy french fries anymore. And I'm not alone in this. A friend just commented to me that he thinks the Applebees (I think it was Applebees) promotion of all-you-can-eat french fries is really unappealing. Of course I agreed. I mean honestly, who the hell loves fried potatoes so much that they would want to go to a place that offers an unlimited supply of them? Screw that. Give me an all-you-can-eat option on meat and then I'll be good to go.

This was a horrible, slothful and piggish cheat:

1 Bacon Cheeseburger with everything (regular size, single patty) - NOT TOUCHED YET
1 Cheese Hotdog with mayo, ketchup, mustard and relish - EATEN
1 large cajun fries 1/2 EATEN
1 large chocolate milkshake (hey, it's new!) - DRANK

My body will not reset my metabolism rate because of this cheat because it is all in a single day. At least this is what I have learned from my nutritional studies (Bluce could weigh in). I should have known better than to order when I was hungry! If I do not eat the burger the bun will get soggy. But Im stuffed!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

1 Bacon Cheeseburger with everything (regular size, single patty) - NOT TOUCHED YET

My body will not reset my metabolism rate because of this cheat because it is all in a single day. At least this is what I have learned from my nutritional studies (Bluce could weigh in). I should have known better than to order when I was hungry! If I do not eat the burger the bun will get soggy. But Im stuffed!

One word: bulimia. :smiley-015:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
One word: bulimia. :smiley-015:
Me? Never in a million. :) I will work it off. Most of it should pass and not be stored as fat because I eat regular meals.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
You mean like this?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

which is why one should never go grocery shopping when hungry! :D

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan

I really like homemade fries made by frying slices of raw potatoes in a big container of peanut oil. Do not be away from a toilet for a while after eating them though.

I like steak fries that they have in bars.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I really like homemade fries made by frying slices of raw potatoes in a big container of peanut oil. Do not be away from a toilet for a while after eating them though.

I like steak fries that they have in bars.

I call those "fry chips". :) I used to love those too, but the carbs in potatoes is off my menu as a regular item. I can do them as a cheat like...once a month. My huge cheat here at Five Guys the night I made this post had no affect on my weight (185). My normal weight is 180, and I was on my way there down from 194. I was 185 that night, and I am still 185.

Try sesame oil instead! Peanut oil will make you fart. In either case, draining your potatoes is key. If they are still "shiny" from oil, they have not been drained enough.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Fry them in this instead....

th (4).jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

That guy should have read up on using coconut oil first! It does not denature when heated to high temp, nor does it smoke much. The way to use it is to heat enough to coat the bottom of the pan to the depth of about 1/8" (maybe three tablespoonfuls)? With some heated oil, from the pan, use a cooking brush (like a barbeque brush) to coat what you are cooking. I prefer to brush and bake instead of fry.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
We bake our fries. They are not quite the same, but if you have heat up high enough, they get crsipy. They are much better for you this way. I bake everything. No more Fry daddy here. Chicken gougons, springs rolls, fries, whatever, I bake it all.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
We bake our fries. They are not quite the same, but if you have heat up high enough, they get crsipy. They are much better for you this way. I bake everything. No more Fry daddy here. Chicken gougons, springs rolls, fries, whatever, I bake it all.

Me too....except fried rice! I make my own chicken and beef fried rice, but I only use coconut oil. I will probably switch to eating quinoa in that dish very soon. It fries up like rice.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Me too....except fried rice! I make my own chicken and beef fried rice, but I only use coconut oil. I will probably switch to eating quinoa in that dish very soon. It fries up like rice.

I finally did this. Quinoa is AWESOME! It directly replaces brown rice and is much healthier. I love the texture of it, slightly chewy, slightly crunchy (depending on how you prepare it).

chicken_fried_quinoa.jpg

I will share the recipe if anyone wants it. :) Follow your recipes for chicken fried rice, and just substitute quinoa for the rice. Everything else is exactly the same.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I finally did this. Quinoa is AWESOME! It directly replaces brown rice and is much healthier. I love the texture of it, slightly chewy, slightly crunchy (depending on how you prepare it).

View attachment 31808

I will share the recipe if anyone wants it. :) Follow your recipes for chicken fried rice, and just substitute quinoa for the rice. Everything else is exactly the same.

You know when they say "the first bite is with the eye" dude?

do not like.gif

:lol: :lol:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Here's a different cheat: