Happy Birthday, America!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
4ff30e5af310c.image.jpg

For the Americans on this site, Happy Birthday America! The 4th of July meant a lot to me as a kid, because I got to light sparklers and watch fireworks and eat barbecue. Now, fireworks are banned in most cities, and barbecues better meet the safety requirements or they will be rudely doused by the Fire Department :facepalm:, So, it is city-sponsored fireworks this year again.

I took video of a past display:

[video=youtube;5DQi8-_oHcg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DQi8-_oHcg

Here is a Macy's display:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSY8un8VTwk

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
1341412030400-patrotic_animated_4th_of_july_fireworks.gif

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
The "great experiment" has gone on for over 200 years -- here's to another 200!:smiley_joy:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
F'k amureca!

:D

Meh, you vikings had your chance and all you've got to show for it is canned herring and Greta Garbo movies. :haha:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Meh, you vikings had your chance and all you've got to show for it is canned herring and Greta Garbo movies. :haha:
meh atleast we can handle our money unlike most other countries.. but yeah F'k Swiiden!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
meh atleast we can handle our money unlike most other countries.. but yeah F'k Swiiden!

To be fair it's not like you guys have that much money to "handle" to begin with. :icon10::smiley_simmons::anim_59:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
To be fair it's not like you guys have that much money to "handle" to begin with. :icon10::smiley_simmons::anim_59:

Well, if you consider the money you get when getting a cash advance on a credit card "your money", then we can flash LOTS of cash as a nation! China owns us. And coincidentally, they also invented fireworks! :anim_35:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Ya know, in spite of all its faults and mind-boggling stupidities, I can't complain about my move and am quite happy. I love South Florida and I miss it dearly every time I leave and my chocolate sweet heart feels the same way. :)

SciphonicStranger

Ya know, in spite of all its faults and mind-boggling stupidities, I can't complain about my move and am quite happy. I love South Florida and I miss it dearly every time I leave and my chocolate sweet heart feels the same way. :)

Are you legal now or can we still deport you? :biggrin:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
other countries have to build fences to keep their people IN (who can forget the east germans scrambling through the mine fields trying to get out....), the usa has to build fences to keep people OUT! sounds like the USA isn't so bad after all! :lemo:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
other countries have to build fences to keep their people IN (who can forget the east germans scrambling through the mine fields trying to get out....), the usa has to build fences to keep people OUT! sounds like the USA isn't so bad after all! :lemo:

I love it and it loves me! I brought with me both tax dollars and jobs. :D

SciphonicStranger

Highlander

GateFans Cadet
yeah we broke down and did all American burgers, hotdogs , potato salad and watermelon on the 4th and watch a lovely display other people paid good money to see. hehe the benefits of living with clear view of the skyline. But it still pales in comparison to Vegas display. That is best seen from sunrise mountain were I use to live. Oh well. Way to hot and when your electric bill runs as much as your rent its time to move.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
yeah we broke down and did all American burgers, hotdogs , potato salad and watermelon on the 4th and watch a lovely display other people paid good money to see. hehe the benefits of living with clear view of the skyline. But it still pales in comparison to Vegas display. That is best seen from sunrise mountain were I use to live. Oh well. Way to hot and when your electric bill runs as much as your rent its time to move.

Just those two words together makes me feel relaxed! I also saw a great display on the Redondo Beach Pier this year. Im glad everybody enjoyed their 4th. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

You are not the only country that needs to defend it's borders either Rac.................
Sigh.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You are not the only country that needs to defend it's borders either Rac.................
Sigh.

Dont I know it bro. And we do not have a large influx of fundamentalist/radical Muslims like there are in Europe. But you Aussies don't have to defend your borders as much as control illegal immigration from Asia. In the US, even though we share borders with Canada, only the southern border with Mexico seems to get the most attention.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
being from Maine the only illegal aliens I knew growing up spoke French. We had a number of Quebecois crossing the border in the mid 70's. how the times have changed! :chuncky: