BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Fox News does it again

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
:rotflmao::laughing::smiley-laughing024:

http://gawker.com/5982945/fox-news-accidentally-uses-photo-of-same sex-couple-to-illustrate-article-about-the-importance-of-heterosexual-marriage

Fox News Accidentally Uses Photo of Same-Sex Couple to Illustrate Article About the Importance of Heterosexual Marriage

original.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

HILARIOUS!:smiley-laughing024:

But in all fairness, one of the couple APPEARS to be a very convincing man and not a woman. What sense does it make for these same sex couples to appear heterosexual? To me, it seems like the traditional gender roles are still defining what a "couple" is. One filling the male role and the other the female :facepalm:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I loved this response:

The problem with Venker's argument is that it falls apart in the real world. If we accept her argument (which I don't, but let's go with it for the sake of argument) that men and women aren't equal, then I have this to say to her: Who are you, as a woman, to tell me, as a man, anything? You are but a woman. While I am a man. So how dare you presume to tell me anything? I've half a mind to beat some sense into you. That is how we used to do things, is it not? And that's the world you want to go back to apparently, so...

Does that sound like something the "enlightened West" has been looking down it's nose at in something else? Hmmm :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

But in all fairness, one of the couple APPEARS to be a very convincing man and not a woman. What sense does it make for these same sex couples to appear heterosexual? To me, it seems like the traditional gender roles are still defining what a "couple" is. One filling the male role and the other the female :facepalm:

It probably has something to do with the observation that many gays believe they are "born the wrong gender". I doubt it has anything to do with wanting to "be the man/woman" I've seen just as many pics of two very obvious guys or two obvious girls, this is just press sensationalization and I wonder weather Fox actually made a mistake or was just trying to "prove" that Gay people really are "closet straights who really do know about gender roles".

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Since Fox News and Donald Trump go hand in hand, lemme just share this:

:rotflmao::laughing::smiley-laughing024::shep_lol::jackanime14::happy0007::anim_59::rotflmao::laughing::smiley-laughing024::shep_lol::jackanime14::happy0007::anim_59::rotflmao::laughing::smiley-laughing024::shep_lol::jackanime14::happy0007::anim_59:
--- merged: Feb 10, 2013 at 1:13 PM ---
It probably has something to do with the observation that many gays believe they are "born the wrong gender". I doubt it has anything to do with wanting to "be the man/woman" I've seen just as many pics of two very obvious guys or two obvious girls, this is just press sensationalization and I wonder weather Fox actually made a mistake or was just trying to "prove" that Gay people really are "closet straights who really do know about gender roles".

I just dont get that part of it, the ones who do the gender bender thing. Most lesbians I have met do not go full on male drag with it. The few gay male friends I have act and dress completely male. Doesnt it speak to something if they are trying to appear to be something they are not?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I just dont get that part of it, the ones who do the gender bender thing. Most lesbians I have met do not go full on male drag with it. The few gay male friends I have act and dress completely male. Doesnt it speak to something if they are trying to appear to be something they are not?

From what I gather from chats with people who are like this, not at all. They truly feel as if they were born in the wrong gender body, so dressing/acting like the gender they identify with is as natural to them as you or I putting on a suit. Conversley it would be just as odd for them to wear a dress as it would be for you or I.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Yes, exactly,precisely, on the money !!!!

it's not just hyped "preamble" when I say I have nothing against LGBT peeps; but why oh why if you want a same sex marriage would they appear in such a way-altering their appearances so one appears a man?

It seems a bit inherently hypocritical..I have seen pics of many same sex both in tux's or both in dresses but have also seen about an equal number of the others as well
--- merged: Feb 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM ---
From what I gather from chats with people who are like this, not at all. They truly feel as if they were born in the wrong gender body, so dressing/acting like the gender they identify with is as natural to them as you or I putting on a suit. Conversley it would be just as odd for them to wear a dress as it would be for you or I.
Ok, not to become totally crass or distasteful, but does this include their sex practices? That is, does the one with gender id issues put on a dilly to insert the hetero way? If so, does the female one appreciate that? If so, why then does she not just go with guys? It seems that some may be doubly or triply conflicted if this is the case. That is, the one in the dress seems to be subverting her own sexual tastes (lesbian sex) to sate the conflicted desires of the conflicted female.

Again to each his/her own, but why go through the drama/issues if she still isn't getting what she wants?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes, exactly,precisely, on the money !!!!

it's not just hyped "preamble" when I say I have nothing against LGBT peeps; but why oh why if you want a same sex marriage would they appear in such a way-altering their appearances so one appears a man?

It seems a bit inherently hypocritical..I have seen pics of many same sex both in tux's or both in dresses but have also seen about an equal number of the others as well
--- merged: Feb 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM ---

Ok, not to become totally crass or distasteful, but does this include their sex practices? That is, does the one with gender id issues put on a dilly to insert the hetero way? If so, does the female one appreciate that? If so, why then does she not just go with guys? It seems that some may be doubly or triply conflicted if this is the case. That is, the one in the dress seems to be subverting her own sexual tastes (lesbian sex) to sate the conflicted desires of the conflicted female.

Again to each his/her own, but why go through the drama/issues if she still isn't getting what she wants?

THIS. California may be socially one of the most gay friendly states in the Union. We have a very large gay community and several gay municipalities, the most famous one of which is West Hollywood. The male-dressing female is a small minority, as is the female dressing male. Frequently, the male-dressing female will even take a male name and want to be called the "husband". To me this is self-defeating and providing support for those who feel that marriage is still between a male and a female. Even the male-male gay marriages do not seem to have a high percentage of this phenomenon.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Ok, not to become totally crass or distasteful, but does this include their sex practices? That is, does the one with gender id issues put on a dilly to insert the hetero way? If so, does the female one appreciate that?
I honestly could not answer that question dude. I mean what do you define as lesbian sex? A male has all the *physical* equipment to provide either "style" (unless you include breasts), so there must be some other quality going on. It's hard enough for a guy to work out what is going on in the female mind, let alone the gay female mind :P. One could ask what either Tropi or Shaved see in other guys and try to draw some kind of parallel. By your example, could they also not just have a girl with a strap on as well?
The whole issue of gayness is a bit of a mystery to me as well dude. :)
If so, why then does she not just go with guys? It seems that some may be doubly or triply conflicted if this is the case. That is, the one in the dress seems to be subverting her own sexual tastes (lesbian sex) to sate the conflicted desires of the conflicted female.

As I said, there must be some other ineffable quality to the whole gay attraction that us straight people simple cannot grasp. Why do we like what we like in anything? Why do some love Rap, or Metal, or Dance? We like what we like, becaue simply, we do.
--- merged: Feb 10, 2013 at 5:57 PM ---
THIS. California may be socially one of the most gay friendly states in the Union. We have a very large gay community and several gay municipalities, the most famous one of which is West Hollywood. The male-dressing female is a small minority, as is the female dressing male. Frequently, the male-dressing female will even take a male name and want to be called the "husband". To me this is self-defeating and providing support for those who feel that marriage is still between a male and a female. Even the male-male gay marriages do not seem to have a high percentage of this phenomenon.

After speaking to a few Gays and Bi's, Transvestism is probably the most misunderstood or strange form of "gayness" because sometimes it has no association with any form of "gayness" at all. I mean, I understand the religious significance of Transvestism (allowing the opposite sex "in" to create balance), but not really the sexual, or even non sexual component of it either.
I DO know that some cop alot of grief from both gays and straights however, quite possible for similar reasons to what you mentioned.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I honestly could not answer that question dude. I mean what do you define as lesbian sex? A male has all the *physical* equipment to provide either "style" (unless you include breasts), so there must be some other quality going on. It's hard enough for a guy to work out what is going on in the female mind, let alone the gay female mind :P. One could ask what either Tropi or Shaved see in other guys and try to draw some kind of parallel. By your example, could they also not just have a girl with a strap on as well?
The whole issue of gayness is a bit of a mystery to me as well dude. :)

As I said, there must be some other ineffable quality to the whole gay attraction that us straight people simple cannot grasp. Why do we like what we like in anything? Why do some love Rap, or Metal, or Dance? We like what we like, becaue simply, we do.
--- merged: Feb 10, 2013 at 5:57 PM ---

After speaking to a few Gays and Bi's, Transvestism is probably the most misunderstood or strange form of "gayness" because sometimes it has no association with any form of "gayness" at all. I mean, I understand the religious significance of Transvestism (allowing the opposite sex "in" to create balance), but not really the sexual, or even non sexual component of it either.
I DO know that some cop alot of grief from both gays and straights however, quite possible for similar reasons to what you mentioned.

So, continuing with the wedding pic posted, and the assumption that the 'husband' has id issues sep from her gay id and performs sex in a manner consistent with a male ( i am talking pelvic thrusting penetration) is the "wife" actually gay? Or perhaps, as I said, either one may have layered "issues" not connected to homosexuality. Perhaps the 'wife' is not comfortable with an actual man (prev abuse, rape, "daddy" issues) and feels safer with a woman.

Either way, do not these types of marriages/relationships just add fuel to the arguments of those who still think homosexuality/lesbianism is a "mental issue"?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
So, continuing with the wedding pic posted, and the assumption that the 'husband' has id issues sep from her gay id and performs sex in a manner consistent with a male ( i am talking pelvic thrusting penetration) is the "wife" actually gay? Or perhaps, as I said, either one may have layered "issues" not connected to homosexuality. Perhaps the 'wife' is not comfortable with an actual man (prev abuse, rape, "daddy" issues) and feels safer with a woman.
It could be dude, we are going far beyond my ability to analyse the situation here. I'm going on conversations with gay people and extrapolations based on them, so hell I could be way off base entirely! (Shaved, Tropi, wanna throw us an insight??)

Either way, do not these types of marriages/relationships just add fuel to the arguments of those who still think homosexuality/lesbianism is a "mental issue"?

Like I said, Transvestism does not seem to be well undrstood by the LBGT community themselves, so I think I have buckley's chance of coming up with a decent answer for you there dude. :)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
:rotflmao::laughing::smiley-laughing024::shep_lol::jackanime14::happy0007::anim_59::rotflmao::laughing::smiley-laughing024::shep_lol::jackanime14::happy0007::anim_59::rotflmao::laughing::smiley-laughing024::shep_lol::jackanime14::happy0007::anim_59:
--- merged: Feb 10, 2013 9:13 PM ---

you dont have to get anything you just have to accept people are dif and you have no right to to force your concept of right and wrong on anyone.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
you dont have to get anything you just have to accept people are dif and you have no right to to force your concept of right and wrong on anyone.

The thread is talking about the mistaken photo, and why it was mistaken. I dont think anybody is forcing anything on anyone here or defining right and wrong.
--- merged: Feb 11, 2013 4:42 AM ---

I think it would. Still, at least progress is being made in the right direction.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

I've read a lot of disgusting filth on this site but never have I read something so offensive that even Lucifer himself would have thrown you out of Hell for uttering it.

banned-from-triberr.png

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I've read a lot of disgusting filth on this site but never have I read something so offensive that even Lucifer himself would have thrown you out of Hell for uttering it.

banned-from-triberr.png

Yes, sorta funny, yet hardly helpful.

No wonder the "gays are mentally broken" viewpoint craps all over the gay veiwpoint..........:facepalm::facepalm:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
The thread is talking about the mistaken photo, and why it was mistaken. I dont think anybody is forcing anything on anyone here or defining right and wrong.
--- merged: Feb 11, 2013 4:42 AM ---

I think it would. Still, at least progress is being made in the right direction.
oh a remeber a certain someone going on and on about how marrige is only for men and women.....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
oh a remeber a certain someone going on and on about how marrige is only for men and women.....

It was me, and I also posted how I had changed my mind recently about it. Guess you must have missed that. :rolleye0014: BTW, the search function now works....check it out.