Why Star Wars fans no longer care about Star Wars

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
bored.jpg

I just realized after watching all of the Star Wars movies and then The Force Awakens and finally The Last Jedi, that for me at least, Star Wars is dead. Its okay for rewatching and I still enjoyed watching the original movies and also the prequels. But the last movies (except Rogue One) have been a disappointment. Not because of diversity or even the blatant SJW agenda which has seeped into the franchise, as much as the way they have ruined the foundation universe itself. The way the Force works and who can wield it and how one gains control of it has all been tossed. You just have to concentrate? The thing where Holdo used a ship to slice through the First Order ships by going into hyperspace, and flying Leia were more than just silly, they broke the universe.

If the Force can be used to travel through space, why didn't Jedi just Force themseles from planet to planet? A little training, and they could travel in hyperspace, right? It looks funny, but what it does to the Star Wars universe is not so funny. Long term damage. The Force just isn't used this way.

flying_leia.gif

And Amilyn Holdo doing this with her ship the Raddus to the Supremacy ship by jumping to lightspeed...why didn't they just weaponize drone ships in this fashion? A single remote x-wing could have been used to destroy the Death Star. No, it just doesn't work that way. This breaks how things work in the Star Wars universe

holdo_slice.gif

By the time I had finished The Last Jedi, I just lost interest. Where does it go now? Do I really care? Nah, not really. Not any more. Hopefully it can gather a new fanbase, because the original Star Wars fans have basically given up on it.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Interesting take on this...

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I admit I enjoyed Rogue One a lot. That is what I want to buy, not the force awakens or the last jedi. The first had possibilities, the second destroyed them! :P and I am sorry- Ben Solo is NOT an evil character- more like a spoiled child in need of a spanking!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I admit I enjoyed Rogue One a lot. That is what I want to buy, not the force awakens or the last jedi. The first had possibilities, the second destroyed them! :P and I am sorry- Ben Solo is NOT an evil character- more like a spoiled child in need of a spanking!

I loved Rogue One. For me, it felt like new Star Wars in a more familiar way than The Force Awakens did. And it was original, not a reskin of another episode like I feel TFA was a reskin of Episode IV.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So, the prevailing idea from JJ Abrams is that all of the Skywalker saga has to come to an end, which means killing off Kylo Ren who is the last Skywalker.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-9-kylo-ren-death-skywalker-saga/#leave-comment

After this is done, where will Disney take Star Wars and will they be able to build it as a brand like they have the Marvelverse? Maybe....probably. They have already invested BILLIONS in the Star Wars theme park expansions in California and Florida, they have committed budgets to the animated series, and several other SW projects. Disney will make it work despite the angry fans. At least, that is the idea.

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And Star Wars is failing.

Not a surprise to me at all. :) Right now, the studios appear to be experimenting with SJW-based storytelling in movies and TV...just to see what happens. I think they need to stop and look at the notes. The IPs dropping in popularity are those which are heavy in SJW agenda. Kids don't care about that, and adults are weary of it. Millennials are just too fickle to become fanbois and fangurls. They would do better with Millennials if they hired Justin Beiber, Kiley Jenner and Kim Kardashian for a new Star Wars film. Have Beyonce or Drake or Eminem do the soundtrack. :anim_59: