Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ok, they have dropped the title and also a trailer for Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

I will not be fooled. I just do not expect George Lucas level creativity from JJ Abrams because he has NEVER displayed such talent. He is only a re-finisher. He is the guy you take your existing stuff to and then JJ strips the old paint, fills in scratches, and then repaints it and puts his name on the finished item and sells it back to you as new.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Can't wait to see it. :icon_e_smile:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Perhaps you would be willing to review it here? :) I will be busy doing something else...anything else...on premiere night. :cool:

Replace "can't wait to see it" with "can't wait to see it on Netflix"? :shep_lol:

Actually I've seen all of the 1-8 Star Wars films in the theater and I'm sure I will go to this one too. I'm not in a rush to wait in line for one like I did in the 70's. If no one beats me to it I will write a review.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Replace "can't wait to see it" with "can't wait to see it on Netflix"? :shep_lol:

Actually I've seen all of the 1-8 Star Wars films in the theater and I'm sure I will go to this one too. I'm not in a rush to wait in line for one like I did in the 70's. If no one beats me to it I will write a review.

Okay, that would be me as well. I have seen EVERY Star Wars movie in the theater at one time or another, this includes The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. But it was at least a month after opening. But I am now restricting my theater visits to movies like Alita and the MCU movies.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i am glad this is coming out for ONE REASON

hopefully this will put an end to the story of the most dysfunctional family in the universe

i am a fan of the story of star wars in the whole; not a fan of the skywalker saga in specific. never was. even in 77 i never saw Luke as a hero. the character was/is nothing like the hero characters i grew up watching in all of those reruns of old 40's 50's and 60's movies that would play on tv.

Now we know the current line of Skywalkers are nothing but tools in the greater story. Most likely, the new family line (started with Anakin) was even started with Sith shenanigans (Shmi's "he was born with no father" line) by Palpatine or a Darth Plagueis force ghost (DP is rumored to be in this in flashback) action

on Palpatine, can anyone see other reasons for the remnants of the Death Star-presumably DS 2 - to be shown?

I see two--perhaps there is a Palpatine story line in this, and he has somehow in the wreckage, or, the gang is just cruising it for souvenirs

Ian McDiarmid did appear in person on stage at the release of this trailer at SW's-con (or wtf ever it is called)

who knows just what fuckery JJ is about to release now...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i am glad this is coming out for ONE REASON

hopefully this will put an end to the story of the most dysfunctional family in the universe

i am a fan of the story of star wars in the whole; not a fan of the skywalker saga in specific. never was. even in 77 i never saw Luke as a hero. the character was/is nothing like the hero characters i grew up watching in all of those reruns of old 40's 50's and 60's movies that would play on tv.

Now we know the current line of Skywalkers are nothing but tools in the greater story. Most likely, the new family line (started with Anakin) was even started with Sith shenanigans (Shmi's "he was born with no father" line) by Palpatine or a Darth Plagueis force ghost (DP is rumored to be in this in flashback) action

on Palpatine, can anyone see other reasons for the remnants of the Death Star-presumably DS 2 - to be shown?

I see two--perhaps there is a Palpatine story line in this, and he has somehow in the wreckage, or, the gang is just cruising it for souvenirs

Ian McDiarmid did appear in person on stage at the release of this trailer at SW's-con (or wtf ever it is called)

who knows just what fuckery JJ is about to release now...

Agreed, but what "greater story"? I don't see it without the Skywalkers. I do not care about a Rey story, or Poe or Finn or Kylo Ren. I have no reason to care about them. I want the story of how Rey suddenly became a Master Jedi with no training. In the trailer, she is using Luke's lightsaber. How did she repair it? Kylo Ren is repairing his helmet that he destroyed in The Last Jedi. Why? If they intend to make him the new Darth Vader, they are not making me excited for that. Kylo is a beta. It will be good to see Lando flying the Falcon, but I would bet 100% that they kill him off in this movie. Why is there a First Order? Why has the Republic which was supposedly restored, now at the mercy of The First Order when the Republic would have taken control of all of the Empire's resources after the war was over in RotJ? How did the Starkiller get built undetected? Why can the Force now be used to fly through space? They have broken the SW universe. With that hyperspace slice and dice trick, couldn't anyone just put a hyperspace engine on an asteroid and aim it at a planet to destroy it?

You are too forgiving. But then again, Star Wars is complete fantasy, so why not? Tell me when the space dragon shows up, with the magic Sith baby riding it who can summon stars out of thin air. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Agreed, but what "greater story"? I don't see it without the Skywalkers. I do not care about a Rey story, or Poe or Finn or Kylo Ren. I have no reason to care about them. I want the story of how Rey suddenly became a Master Jedi with no training. In the trailer, she is using Luke's lightsaber. How did she repair it? Kylo Ren is repairing his helmet that he destroyed in The Last Jedi. Why? If they intend to make him the new Darth Vader, they are not making me excited for that. Kylo is a beta. It will be good to see Lando flying the Falcon, but I would bet 100% that they kill him off in this movie. Why is there a First Order? Why has the Republic which was supposedly restored, now at the mercy of The First Order when the Republic would have taken control of all of the Empire's resources after the war was over in RotJ? How did the Starkiller get built undetected? Why can the Force now be used to fly through space? They have broken the SW universe. With that hyperspace slice and dice trick, couldn't anyone just put a hyperspace engine on an asteroid and aim it at a planet to destroy it?

You are too forgiving. But then again, Star Wars is complete fantasy, so why not? Tell me when the space dragon shows up, with the magic Sith baby riding it who can summon stars out of thin air. :)

this sums up why you are not a star wars fan

"the greater story" is the whole deal

the story of sith vs jedi over the ages of which the clone wars and then the empire vs rebels were just two chapters

then the whole story of everyone else who is a jedi,sith or gray jedi WHO IS NOT named Skywalker or Vader

there is just so much more to SW's then the pop fiction of the Skywalker drama

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I do not care about a Rey story, or Poe or Finn or Kylo Ren. I have no reason to care about them. I want the story of how Rey suddenly became a Master Jedi with no training.

yes, those people do not matter

in SW's for many fans, it is not the individual characters that matter but the over all story. these ppl in the trilogies are really so no important to the greater story...obviously you must have FF'd or just did not watch things like CLONE WARS or REBELS

but anyhow, since you ask AGAIN, I'll be you're huckleberry

one does not need 'training' to become proficient in using a light sabre

anyone can pick one up and use it..or repair it

i dont believe we have ever seen Rey be referred to as Jedi, have we?

And yes, simplistic thinking would make one assume that the new republic aquired all of the empire's gear. but that is not how it happened

a cease fire after the events of ROTJ ( destroying one base even with the killing of the emperor, did not mean "war is won" for the rebels) and more fighting, led to an agreement that had the imperial remnant withdraw to a part of the galaxy where they were to cease activity adn await demobilization

of course other events caused many of these imperials to flee to the outer rim and beyond where they later became the first order under the cmd of a imp general (Gen Hux's father)

well... thats all the 'huckleberrying' I will do for you (again). it is all out there and very,very easy to find and it is all canon

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
this sums up why you are not a star wars fan

"the greater story" is the whole deal

the story of sith vs jedi over the ages of which the clone wars and then the empire vs rebels were just two chapters

then the whole story of everyone else who is a jedi,sith or gray jedi WHO IS NOT named Skywalker or Vader

there is just so much more to SW's then the pop fiction of the Skywalker drama

According to whom? I have not read anywhere that George Lucas wanted to tell any other story besides the Skywalkers.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
yes, those people do not matter

in SW's for many fans, it is not the individual characters that matter but the over all story. these ppl in the trilogies are really so no important to the greater story...obviously you must have FF'd or just did not watch things like CLONE WARS or REBELS

but anyhow, since you ask AGAIN, I'll be you're huckleberry

one does not need 'training' to become proficient in using a light sabre

You are doing what GateFan76 used to do. :) You are automatically assuming that people who watch all the Star Wars movies and call themselves a fan have read the books, watched the cartoons, read the comics, etc. If you ONLY watch the movies, you are drilled in clearly that ALL Jedi need a Master to train them to be a Jedi, and until that training is complete then a Jedi in training is called a Padawan. Even the Sith have this setup with the Lords and Apprentices. You claiming that "one does not need 'training' to become proficient in using a light sabre" does not make sense to me.

anyone can pick one up and use it..or repair it

i dont believe we have ever seen Rey be referred to as Jedi, have we?

Since when (bolded)? Light sabers are supposed to be special and ancient weapons that Jedi and Sith use, not some tool everybody keeps in their garage, which is so common "anybody can repair it". That suggestion is ridiculous to me, given how the story in the films have played out.

And yes, simplistic thinking would make one assume that the new republic aquired all of the empire's gear. but that is not how it happened

a cease fire after the events of ROTJ ( destroying one base even with the killing of the emperor, did not mean "war is won" for the rebels) and more fighting, led to an agreement that had the imperial remnant withdraw to a part of the galaxy where they were to cease activity adn await demobilization

Huh? Where is anyone supposed to pick up that information...some book or cartoon or comic book or an app? If I did not see it in any of the movies, it did not happen for me.

of course other events caused many of these imperials to flee to the outer rim and beyond where they later became the first order under the cmd of a imp general (Gen Hux's father)

well... thats all the 'huckleberrying' I will do for you (again). it is all out there and very,very easy to find and it is all canon

Again, none of this stuff is in any of the movies, so they aren't part of the story being told in the movies. That means that people whose experience with Star Wars is "merely" seeing every single movie multiple times and buying them on DVD will never know any of that. GateFan76 used to do this. He would bring in some reference from one of the EU books, or go on about something in the cartoons explaining stuff not explained in the movies. You SW fans who are willing to do all that work are in a group of your own. :) Disney will never trick me into buying a bunch of books or watching another one of their shows just to find out what is going on.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
but i could really care less

yeah, i'll watch it on netflix or maybe that disney streamer that is going to carry the sw's stuff eventually

not going to go to a theatre for it

the ending will be predictable and some variation or combination of:
-Rey and Ren will kill one another, or one will kill he other, or they will kiss and make up and live happily ever after

-some JJ stupidity of --now that we know Han's name of 'Solo' was made up--- Ren's ancestry being something meaningful. like Han's real last name was Palpatine or something

or, in classic of the time fashion, we will get some open ending left up to the viewer's imagination to settle in their own mind

this whole 'part 3' to the trilogy line is just a stupid waste of time, money making extravaganza for DISNEY/Lucasarts.

just let's get to the new live action t shows and the whole other line of on skywalker films that are in the works.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
You are doing what GateFan76 used to do. :) You are automatically assuming that people who watch all the Star Wars movies and call themselves a fan have read the books, watched the cartoons, read the comics, etc. If you ONLY watch the movies, you are drilled in clearly that ALL Jedi need a Master to train them to be a Jedi, and until that training is complete then a Jedi in training is called a Padawan. Even the Sith have this setup with the Lords and Apprentices. You claiming that "one does not need 'training' to become proficient in using a light sabre" does not make sense to me.

Since when (bolded)? Light sabers are supposed to be special and ancient weapons that Jedi and Sith use, not some tool everybody keeps in their garage, which is so common "anybody can repair it". That suggestion is ridiculous to me, given how the story in the films have played out.

Huh? Where is anyone supposed to pick up that information...some book or cartoon or comic book or an app? If I did not see it in any of the movies, it did not happen for me.

Again, none of this stuff is in any of the movies, so they aren't part of the story being told in the movies. That means that people whose experience with Star wars is "merely" seeing every single movie multiple times and buying them on DVD will never know any of that. GateFan76 used to do this. He would bring in some reference from one of the EU books, or go on about something in the cartoons explaining stuff not explained in the movies. You SW fans who are willing to do all that work are in a group of your own. :) Disney will never trick me into buying a bunch of books or watching another one of their shows just to find out what is going on.

another perfect example of why you are not a fan of sw's, maybe just a Luke Skywalker fan, not a sw's fan though

if you were, you would know that what you are saying here is just nonsense and that what i say and more is ALL CANON and in the material provided

you would know where to find the answers to the questions you have been asking if you were a fan

yes!! it is presented in a money making, multi-media platform which requires ppl to read or (at a minimum) watch the cut scenes from canon sw's video games

i would love it if it were represented in the movies or on tv, but the films are already way too long and filled with stupidity like Leia's spacewalk (sans eva suit) and female admirals dressed in ball gowns instead of battle fatigues leading her fleet into annihilation just because it was..what? the girl thing to do? yeah no time to present the facts on screen sadly

but it is all available for free and nicely summed up on places like wookiepedia

much of what makes up canon for many shows or movie 'universes' is not shown on screen.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
another perfect example of why you are not a fan of sw's, maybe just a Luke Skywalker fan, not a sw's fan though

if you were, you would know that what you are saying here is just nonsense and that what i say and more is ALL CANON and in the material provided

You don't get to say that and have it be true, sorry! I have seen every Star Wars movie multiple times, have the movies on DVD, watched one of the cartoons, and watched everything to date. What I am not, is a SW consumer. I do not own figurines, I am not interested in any of the books or comics, or belonging to any of the clubs. But I am a fan, no matter how you look at it. Somebody who is "not a fan" is somebody who maybe has seen a couple of the movies, maybe knows one or two or more character names, and that's it. Again, if the story is not being told in the movies, then casual fans like me will never know about any of that other stuff. The movies are the core of Star Wars, not any of the cartoons or books. Star Trek's core is television, and they do not hide parts of canon in books or comics for you to be forced to buy more shit just to get information.

you would know where to find the answers to the questions you have been asking if you were a fan

I am a fan. But I am a fan of Star Wars MOVIES, which is where Star Wars began. I have seen every movie several times. This bullshit notion that a SW fan has to go flipping through books and cartoons just to get information is why I will never be one of those SW consumers. It's a brilliant strategy, but I am not going to fall for it.

yes!! it is presented in a money making, multi-media platform which requires ppl to read or (at a minimum) watch the cut scenes from canon sw's video games

Of course. :) Well, I am not gonna buy any games just to find out something that should be in the movies. This is typical Disney.

i would love it if it were represented in the movies or on tv, but the films are already way too long and filled with stupidity like Leia's spacewalk (sans eva suit) and female admirals dressed in ball gowns instead of battle fatigues leading her fleet into annihilation just because it was..what? the girl thing to do? yeah no time to present the facts on screen sadly

but it is all available for free and nicely summed up on places like wookiepedia

much of what makes up canon for many shows or movie 'universes' is not shown on screen.

Really? (bolded). Give me an example.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

a light sabre is a piece of tech whose power source is a kyber crystal

anyone can make or use one

this was shown in REBELS when Ezra made his initial one and the use of kyber (showing they are not magic) in ROGUE ONE by the empire as they mined kyber to use in the death star

a light saber is not magic, its all tech. even in jedi tradition, when younglings were to search in a cave for a crystal (which was well seeded with kyber crystals to find) they were then instructed in how to build it by a droid (tech not magic).

the ONLY part of a jedi's assembly of a light saber that was 'magic' was when a youngling would assemble the LS with the force. but it could and often was, put together by hand

just a bunch of parts to assemble

lightsaber-diagram_eae1e95e.jpeg

------------

all any training does to make a force sensitive user better at using a LS was that the force would help one predict where a strike or blaster bolt would come from. but it was not necessary. we see how clumsy Ren, Rey and Finn are using the LS.

anyone can pick up any weapon and start using it to varying degrees of effectiveness. and anyone can train under their own guidance, how to twirl a stick (LS) around their head and to practice thrusts and parry without some Jedi master

ppl often forget that Luke had very very little training by either Kenobi or Yoda in light sabre use. In fact, on screen, we never see Yoda training Luke on the LS, it was all meditation and force use.

Luke had strong innate force ability and this is what helped him be a better LS user. over the yrs after ROTJ he continued to train himself without any Jedi master. but, if we go by your "not on scree= didnt happen" then Luke is just as untrained as Ren or Rey is with a LS

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The movies are the core of Star Wars, not any of the cartoons or books. Star Trek's core is television, and they do not hide parts of canon in books or comics for you to be forced to buy more shit just to get information.

well, you dont get to say that and have it be true just because you want it to be

whether any of us agree or not, the ppl who own the right to say what is SW's canon are the ones who can do exactly that. and they have laid out very explicitly what is canon and what is not

nothing that i have said here is "EU"

Of course. :) Well, I am not gonna buy any games just to find out something that should be in the movies. This is typical Disney.

well i didn't buy any video game either

you can watch the cut scenes on YT or just go to wookiepedia or any other SW's info site out there for this or any canon book info

Really? (bolded). Give me an example.

just quickly

-the building of jump gates in B5. we only heard a few lines about them, nothing on their function or construction. we see some maintenance on one in B5, thats it

-the earth romulan war is not on screen in any manner. you can read about itt hough

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
a light sabre is a piece of tech whose power source is a kyber crystal

anyone can make or use one

this was shown in REBELS when Ezra made his initial one and the use of kyber (showing they are not magic) in ROGUE ONE by the empire as they mined kyber to use in the death star

I saw this myself.

a light saber is not magic, its all tech. even in jedi tradition, when younglings were to search in a cave for a crystal (which was well seeded with kyber crystals to find) they were then instructed in how to build it by a droid (tech not magic).

Come on, man! It is magic dressed as tech in the SW universe. The crystal "picks" it's owner, after a magical journey in a magic cave. I saw it in Rebels. There is no tech in Star Wars. That is not a bad thing, but it is the reality. Star Wars is NOT science fiction.

the ONLY part of a jedi's assembly of a light saber that was 'magic' was when a youngling would assemble the LS with the force. but it could and often was, put together by hand

BULLSHIT. The entire process is magic. I saw it in Rebels myself, and so did you. :cool:

lightsaber-diagram_eae1e95e.jpeg

------------
all any training does to make a force sensitive user better at using a LS was that the force would help one predict where a strike or blaster bolt would come from. but it was not necessary. we see how clumsy Ren, Rey and Finn are using the LS.

anyone can pick up any weapon and start using it to varying degrees of effectiveness. and anyone can train under their own guidance, how to twirl a stick (LS) around their head and to practice thrusts and parry without some Jedi master

You can be okay with this all you want. To the general SW fan, none of this stuff is part of the story they know. If training was not needed, then why were there ever Jedi masters or Sith Lords? Why didn't they all just do like Rey and go into some random building somewhere and get the lightsaber from the toolbox (cause everybody has them, right?), and if it is broken, anybody can fix them so that would not be a problem. :). After a few days, you would be ready to fight. In a couple of weeks, you can leap through the air and slice flies in half mid flight. Luke was a bit slow, so he took much longer and needed several weeks with Yoda, and even then he was no match for Darth Vader. Seriously dude? Whatever!

ppl often forget that Luke had very very little training by either Kenobi or Yoda in light sabre use. In fact, on screen, we never see Yoda training Luke on the LS, it was all meditation and force use.

Oh really?

Luke.jpeg
Luke2.jpeg

Luke had strong innate force ability and this is what helped him be a better LS user. over the yrs after ROTJ he continued to train himself without any Jedi master. but, if we go by your "not on scree= didnt happen" then Luke is just as untrained as Ren or Rey is with a LS

You are a Star Wars APOLOGIST. :) You are excusing lazy writing and a disjointed canon because you love Star Wars. I can respect that. But you will never make me believe that there is not a huge amount of stupidity mixed into Star Wars canon, lots of retconning and revisionist nonsense just to make it seem coherent. Calling ANYTHING in Star Wars "tech" is grin-inducing.

How about giving one of your explanations for tracking in hyperspace, and using hyperspace to slice things traveling at sublight in half?

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
well, you dont get to say that and have it be true just because you want it to be

whether any of us agree or not, the ppl who own the right to say what is SW's canon are the ones who can do exactly that. and they have laid out very explicitly what is canon and what is not

nothing that i have said here is "EU"

Star Wars fans who only see the movies will never know anything you mention. THAT is true, whether I say it or not.

well i didn't buy any video game either

you can watch the cut scenes on YT or just go to wookiepedia or any other SW's info site out there for this or any canon book info

Okay, but it is not in the movies. That is my point. For MOST Star Wars fans (just seeing the movies), going to wookiepedia or searching YouTube for cutscenes is not going to be something they do. Plus, those sources represent retconned information created after the fact because the writers were too lazy to include it in the main story.

just quickly

-the building of jump gates in B5. we only heard a few lines about them, nothing on their function or construction. we see some maintenance on one in B5, thats it

-the earth romulan war is not on screen in any manner. you can read about itt hough

Neither the jump gates in B5 or the Earth/Romulan war is fundamental to the stories told in Star Trek or Babylon 5. B5 was not about the jump gates, and nothing which happened with those gates was a fundamental element of the story told in B5. Same with Star Trek. If suddenly Kirk was able to do a Vulcan neck pinch, or Uhura was suddenly able to do mind melds, there would have to be an explanation. This is why STD has failed. They have made many changes like that and not explained them. Unlike Star Wars fans, Star Trek fans need the explanations, and they need for those explanations to make sense or they are rejected.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Lots of speculation online about what the title of the new movie means: The Rise of Skywalker. Are they talking about Rey? Will they retcon Rey's backstory and make her Luke's daughter? Will they allow Luke to be resurrected using the Force like Palpatine's Sith Lord Darth Plageus learned how to do? Will Palpatine himself be resurrected? Lots of interesting possibilities being teased, but the overwhelming feeling I am getting is that people will take a wait and see approach and wait till the movie is out and others have seen it before going to see it themselves.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
According to whom? I have not read anywhere that George Lucas wanted to tell any other story besides the Skywalkers

he gave up that right after he sold out

If training was not needed, then why were there ever Jedi masters or Sith Lords?

like all elitist organizations that have hierarchies and ranking systems.. it fuels their existence to have things set up in this way

the markets of the galaxy were flooded with LS's after order 66-- "great souvenirs--pick one up for your Dad"

Unlike Star Wars fans, Star Trek fans need the explanations

Star Wars does not require the same level of explanation as it is FANTASY and not sci fi

one reason why those who continue in the age old battle of 'sw's vs st' are just pissing upwind is because sw's and st are NOT in the same genre

lets use LOTRs films instead

if one watched them and never read the books, then they think that Gandalf is 'just a wizard' like Merlin. If I say, well he is more then a wizard, in fact wizardry is just a small aspect of his main mission. in fact he is actually a lesser god (part of the Tolkien pantheon of gods and lesser gods (Valar and Maiar)) and is actually of the same rank..a brother of sorts, of Sauron.

that is Tolkien canon, yet, it has not ever been on screen. not being on screen does not make it any less "untrue(to the extent that anything in entertainment is true or untrue/ false)".

kay, but it is not in the movies. That is my point. For MOST Star Wars fans (just seeing the movies), going to wookiepedia or searching YouTube for cutscenes is not going to be something they do. Plus, those sources represent retconned information created after the fact because the writers were too lazy to include it in the main story.

it is not a retcon. retcon means to make a change that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events.

the events in all canon movies, tv, books, etc are not retcon, they do not seek to change previous events but to expand on them

we have the first order in the new --WASTED TIME AND MONEY--films, Because the first order exists does not change the fact that the empire was defeated. the empire and the first order are two diff entities.

and as far as the changes in the behavior of darling boy wonder Luke Skywalker..well, he is not a boy any more. people change over time, even so called 'heroes'

Luke--to harp on an old point of mine- is no real hero in comparison to the other pilots who flew with him. all of them WITH FAR MORE experience and training then him.

In fact, you want to talk about Rey's ability to use a LS without supervised training.. well where the hell did Luke get the training to fly the sw's equivalent of a F15 fighter bomber?

the canon material states that (from a story in the canon novel FROM A CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW) The piolts on the death star mission were pissed that some nobody from Planet ass crack, was just able to walk in and not only pilot a plane but be put in command of the squadron!

his story is the equivalent of some kid walking onto a USAF base and bumping a pilot with yrs of college, flight school and experience, to jump in the seat of a F15 and make a bombing run on (insert enemy du jour here)