Star Wars: Ahsoka series

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This is part of why I never liked the Dathomir story - it is too much like magic. Also making Thrawn dumb is a huge disservice to his character (whose whole threat always was that he generally was the smartest person in the room).

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I am comparing the Thrawn in Zahn's trilogy to Rebels and then this Thrawn.

Zahn's Thrawn is the smartest no contest. Brilliant strategist and long term thinker and also not really a full Empire supporter - he was much more about his homeworld and people. Rebels Thrawn was also pretty clever but definitely more of a dedicated Empire supporter. Ahsoka Thrawn just seems to be a groupie of the Dathomir witches (who should never have been inserted into Star Wars) who may or may not have some kind of plan to resurrect dead Dathomir but little else. I think part of the problem was waiting until Episode 6 to get to him. The show was too slow in many respects so that by the time we met the important characters there was insufficient time to both develop them and finish the story.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I am comparing the Thrawn in Zahn's trilogy to Rebels and then this Thrawn.

Zahn's Thrawn is the smartest no contest. Brilliant strategist and long term thinker and also not really a full Empire supporter - he was much more about his homeward and people. Rebels Thrawn was also pretty clever but definitely more of a dedicated Empire supporter. Ahsoka Thrawn just seems to be a groupie of the Dathomir witches (who should never have been inserted into Star Wars) who may or may not have some kind of plan to resurrect dead Dathomir but little else. I think part of the problem was waiting until Episode 6 to get to him. The show was too slow in many respects so that by the time we met the important characters there was insufficient time to both develop them and finish the story.
ok

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yup ;)

1696647746005.png