Star Trek: Picard

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I do not feel good about this show at all. I will hope for the best, but I am not really excited to see a "psychological" show about an old retired Starfleet Captain who will be "unlike the Picard fans remember", set in the 25% different alternate universe.

ditto

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
View attachment 35253

I doubt it will be the dogs bollocks though.

Picard and a PITBULL??? :facepalm: That alone is an anomaly. Not the pitbull itself, but Jean Luc Picard owning one. Picard might have a horse, or even cats or a parrot, but a PITBULL???

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
here is the trailer

Jeri Ryan? and is that some kind of Samurai Vulcan I see? or maybe a romulan?

Picard as the CPT of a crew of...who exactly?
oh and Borg..of course, there are Borg

and Troi, B4 and Toto the pitbull too

it looks pretty though

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
here is the trailer

Jeri Ryan? and is that some kind of Samurai Vulcan I see? or maybe a romulan?

Picard as the CPT of a crew of...who exactly?
oh and Borg..of course, there are Borg

and Troi, B4 and Toto the pitbull too

it looks pretty though

Seven of Nine, Riker and Deanna, and possibly others will make appearances in the show...I am more encouraged now. But I want to see more. :) It certainly does not feel like a Kurtzman turd from that trailer.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Seven of Nine, Riker and Deanna, and possibly others will make appearances in the show...I am more encouraged now. But I want to see more. :) It certainly does not feel like a Kurtzman turd from that trailer.

is jonathan frakes involved in the show as a TPTB?

i was pleasantly surprised to see 7 of 9

now, if they could only get Quark and Neelix! they would make the show!!!!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
is jonathan frakes involved in the show as a TPTB?

i was pleasantly surprised to see 7 of 9

now, if they could only get Quark and Neelix! they would make the show!!!!

Seven of Nine being it it is alone enough to guarantee me watching it (at least what episodes she is in). I wonder if Janeway will make an appearance? Are these OG Trek characters in cameos or regular roles? Seven is married to Chakotay, so will he be in the show too? :) I am feeling much better about it than before.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Seven of Nine being it it is alone enough to guarantee me watching it (at least what episodes she is in). I wonder if Janeway will make an appearance? Are these OG Trek characters in cameos or regular roles? Seven is married to Chakotay, so will he be in the show too? :) I am feeling much better about it than before.

idk if pp would even recognise Janeway:

upload_2019-7-20_23-20-25.jpeg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i wonder who the girl is?

i am guessing some connection with the Borg--whats left of them

also, i hope this is focused on what we are led to believe is 'the mission' and not a wandering through the galaxy with unrelated to "mission" escapades on planets with various aliens.

like a bait and switch kind of thing

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Picard and a PITBULL??? :facepalm: That alone is an anomaly. Not the pitbull itself, but Jean Luc Picard owning one. Picard might have a horse, or even cats or a parrot, but a PITBULL???
I think I read somewhere that it's Patrick Stewart's own dog. But perhaps that's just a rumour.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think I read somewhere that it's Patrick Stewart's own dog. But perhaps that's just a rumour.
He fostered one. But he had to surrender it because of ban on them in his town. It's on YouTube.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
idk if pp would even recognise Janeway:

View attachment 35254
Why wouldn't they? She has been on Orange is the New Black. I recognize her. Jeri Ryan does not act like the Seven of Nine I remember in that trailer.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Why wouldn't they? She has been on Orange is the New Black. I recognize her. Jeri Ryan does not act like the Seven of Nine I remember in that trailer.

Mulgrew's face is still recognizable, but she is a long way from being able to fit into that starfleet uniform

guess they could pull a SW's and put another female admiral in a ball gown :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
wonder how doomdick is going to trash this trailer?

the guy is so damned negative and predictable in his negativity

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
wonder how doomdick is going to trash this trailer?

the guy is so damned negative and predictable in his negativity

He will probably not completely trash it, and he might surprise you. Doomcock might be a bit offbeat, but he is usually right on point about most things. For many shows and movies these days, there is a lot of negative stuff to say about them. It isn't okay what has been done to Star trek. It isn't okay what Disney has done to Star Wars or Marvel.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I dunno. Maybe it was seeing Data and Seven Of Nine again but I'm a bit more interested in seeing the Picard show.

Yes! even beyond the familiarity of characters, the trailer hit me far different then the trailer for discovery did

it made me want to see this (Even if i do have to shell out to CBS); the trailer for discovery just made me want to say "looks dumb"

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Seemed a bit out of character for the 'future ruler of Earth' IMO.

I know what YJ02 means. I found Doomcock interesting initially but he is very predictable after you watch his videos for a while.

/\ /\ /\ what he said :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Yep, and for the first time in 10 years, I am looking forward to a new Star Trek show. :) NO WAY will these characters coming back after so long allow the showrunner to destroy them or distort them. Seven of Nine is in the damned thing! I saw B4 in the trailer too. But Data may not be able to come back unless they do a "planned aging algorithm program" for his current appearance. And CBS is free to make this on THEIR license which means no 25% different everything. I need to see a Klingon in this show. Really badly. If they carry on with the Kurtzman Klingoffs, I am going to be turned off. I do not want any references to anyone or anything in Discovery.