Script for Star Wars episode #9 finished

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018...s-finished-and-ready-to-be-filmed/?comments=1

Hey everybody, book your appointment for that all important bikini wax cuz wacky JJ Abrams says the script is finished and filming begins in July! :snowman:

Do I care? Not really. In fact, the more I hear about how chaotically these latest movies are being produced (fired writers, fired directors, rewrites galore, etc.) the less I'm interested. Coming up with a good script shouldn't be that hard. Finding quality writers, producers and directors that you're going to stick with until the project is finished shouldn't be that hard. I honestly don't understand why they over-complicate the film making process. All it does is make for a bad film in the long run.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018...s-finished-and-ready-to-be-filmed/?comments=1

Hey everybody, book your appointment for that all important bikini wax cuz wacky JJ Abrams says the script is finished and filming begins in July! :snowman:

Do I care? Not really. In fact, the more I hear about how chaotically these latest movies are being produced (fired writers, fired directors, rewrites galore, etc.) the less I'm interested. Coming up with a good script shouldn't be that hard. Finding quality writers, producers and directors that you're going to stick with until the project is finished shouldn't be that hard. I honestly don't understand why they over-complicate the film making process. All it does is make for a bad film in the long run.

(whispering) "Star Wars is dead". Maybe, if I hide under this chair, I will be safe from the angry fanbois who are all into SW :hide;.

:P

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I find it hard to get excited or even really interested after the butcher job the committee of writers did on The Last Jedi. First off Abrams is not the best writer out there and even if he were he does not have the option someone like Pegg had on Star Trek Beyond, where they were able to essentially act like Star Trek Into Darkness was never made...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They won't be paying much of the cost of this next movie from toy sales...

They won't be paying much of the cost of this next movie from toy sales...

Yeah, they really over-saturated the toy/tie in market for SW. They have been incredibly cynical about it too, especially this last time around. My eyes almost rolled out of my head when I saw car commercials with a TLJ theme. Star Wars has nothing to do with buying a f****** car. How incredibly stupid. :rolleye0014::rolleye0014::rolleye0014:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah, they really over-saturated the toy/tie in market for SW. They have been incredibly cynical about it too, especially this last time around. My eyes almost rolled out of my head when I saw car commercials with a TLJ theme. Star Wars has nothing to do with buying a f****** car. How incredibly stupid. :rolleye0014::rolleye0014::rolleye0014:

Dude, I sometimes burst out laughing in the produce section at Smart & Final or Ralph's seeing Kylo Wren apples or (my favorite), Captain Phasma baby carrots. :smiley-laughing021: Anyone buying them is most certainly not buying them because they like Star Wars. I don't recall Star Trek ever being seen to sell produce or food. Certainly nobody did stuff like this with their meals:

3c8625c432206eccc8138460f4b489cc--fun-recipes-drink-recipes.jpg
whatthefuck.jpg