Ronald D. Moore teaming with Apple

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Apple has ordered a new space-themed drama series from Ronald D. Moore, a writer and showrunner famous for his work on “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” as well his mid-2000s revival of the “Battlestar Galactica” series, Apple confirmed to Business Insider.

As Deadline first reported, the untitled series “explores what would have happened if the global space race had never ended.” It will be written by Moore, along with Matt Wolpert and Ben Nedivi, the co-executive producers of the FX series “Fargo.”

Here is who is the producer of the show.

image1-2.jpeg

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...tlestar-galactica-developer-2017-12?r=US&IR=T

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
PREDICTION:

This new project sounds an awful lot like the beginnings of a Firefly-like show (but not Firefly). These writers would be perfect for such a show. And Ronald Moore can pull it off.

PREDICTION:

This new project sounds an awful lot like the beginnings of a Firefly-like show (but not Firefly). These writers would be perfect for such a show. And Ronald Moore can pull it off.

I dunno. He crapped out with BSG. And then he had his hand in that awful Helix show on Syfy. Both shows started out great but then died horrible deaths of stupidity. Moore has proven that he can't go the distance when it comes to story telling.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
PREDICTION:

He hasn't had a great history after Star trek but recently, he hasn't made anything good.

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member
Hiring the guy who tortured and raped battlestar galactica is probably not the best first move for a company getting into the tv business.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Hiring the guy who tortured and raped battlestar galactica is probably not the best first move for a company getting into the tv business.
Hello and welcome.

Anyway, I have not seen Heelix, but this guy loves to shove 'God' into every series he touches. He even did it to BSG and also it looks like Helix is based on the same thing so I'll pass on that. You are right that he ruined bsg. The new series is like the new Star Trek which I strongly suggest you avoid.

Hello and welcome.

Anyway, I have not seen Heelix, but this guy loves to shove 'God' into every series he touches. He even did it to BSG and also it looks like Helix is based on the same thing so I'll pass on that. You are right that he ruined bsg. The new series is like the new Star Trek which I strongly suggest you avoid.

Helix is just plain weird. The first season starts out okay but then it gets wonky. Then the second season is completely different. It's literally a different show with a different story even though it's supposed to be connected to the first season. I gave up on it quickly.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Helix is just plain weird. The first season starts out okay but then it gets wonky. Then the second season is completely different. It's literally a different show with a different story even though it's supposed to be connected to the first season. I gave up on it quickly.

Helix was bizarre indeed. It was like it was never meant to be made. It felt like somebody just changed their mind on the story and then started a new story from scratch. More bizarre is that nobody outside of the show saw how nuts the thing was and did not pull it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hello and welcome.

He kept things at a minimum with Voyager. :)

Helix was bizarre indeed. It was like it was never meant to be made. It felt like somebody just changed their mind on the story and then started a new story from scratch. More bizarre is that nobody outside of the show saw how nuts the thing was and did not pull it.

Yeah I still can't wrap my head around that second season. It made no sense. They were on an island and then there was time travel involved and then there was a religious cult and a church and a guru/leader and some sort of magic goop from a magic tree. The whole thing was just too bizarre to keep my interest. :rolleye0014:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah I still can't wrap my head around that second season. It made no sense. They were on an island and then there was time travel involved and then there was a religious cult and a church and a guru/leader and some sort of magic goop from a magic tree. The whole thing was just too bizarre to keep my interest. :rolleye0014:

Jeri Ryan was on that show for a bit, and I don't see why she took the job. I wonder if any of the actors look at the overall premise before taking on the job? Season one had the black goo, little replicator monsters, zombies, and then they literally blew up the Arctic lab and started up season 2 in Paris?

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member

Sounds like garbage. I watched a youtube video of some guy poking a scorpion with a stick in a bucket for 45 minutes. It had all the elements of a Moore creation sans the eye rolling stupidity.

Sounds like garbage. I watched a youtube video of some guy poking a scorpion with a stick in a bucket for 45 minutes. It had all the elements of a Moore creation sans the eye rolling stupidity.

It was pure crap with a capital "K". Personally I'm getting sick and tired of the veneration of doughnut punchers like Moore and Abrams and all those overrated turds. People act like Moore and his ilk are auteur geniuses when in reality they are con artists ala P.T. Barnum. ("Ooh Ron Moore! He's so dreamy! My panties get moist when I try to imagine what scifi show he will shit on next! I hope he never stops pooping! His poops are magical! Squee!!!")

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It was pure crap with a capital "K". Personally I'm getting sick and tired of the veneration of doughnut punchers like Moore and Abrams and all those overrated turds. People act like Moore and his ilk are auteur geniuses when in reality they are con artists ala P.T. Barnum. ("Ooh Ron Moore! He's so dreamy! My panties get moist when I try to imagine what scifi show he will shit on next! I hope he never stops pooping! His poops are magical! Squee!!!")

I know, right? Kurtzman and Lindelof and Orci AND Kevin Costner belong in that turd bouquet with Abrams.