Random Banter

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
An interesting video

who would think that a proposed farming bill in nebraska would have attracted lawyers and shills from AT&T,microsoft, google, and other tech giants to go there?

i wonder if Mike Bloomberg has watched this video (vis a vis his "anyone can be a farmer" comment)?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
With all of the security upgrades at airports and border crossings due to 9/11 and all the terror attacks since, these two still got a kitten out of cuba, via mexico, into europe and then into Belarus

probably about a dozen xrays and physical search points the whole route..and no one and no machine detected a kitten

WHAT ELSE is airport security NOT detecting?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I went to Chicago and tried the infamous deep-dish pizza at two of their reportedly (we asked around) best places. I'm sorry to report, I was not impressed. It's not that it was bad. It's more that it wasn't anything like pizza anymore really, but was more reminiscent of a pot pie. I'll take a standard pizza over this type of deep-dish any day.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I went to Chicago and tried the infamous deep-dish pizza at two of their reportedly (we asked around) best places. I'm sorry to report, I was not impressed. It's not that it was bad. It's more that it wasn't anything like pizza anymore really, but was more reminiscent of a pot pie. I'll take a standard pizza over this type of deep-dish any day.

the best non mass produced, non industrial pizza's i have had were in the Scranton PA area, mainly in Old Forge PA

ny style pizza

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
the best non mass produced, non industrial pizza's i have had were in the Scranton PA area, mainly in Old Forge PA

ny style pizza
The best pizza I've had was at a little traditional Italian restaurant in a small town on the border of the Netherlands and Belgium. Nice thin pizza's like they're supposed to be and not expensive either. Their quattro formaggi was to die for. This is the place...

https://www.google.nl/maps/uv?hl=en...HZAeDa0QoiowCnoECBEQBg&cshid=1583511011447283

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Unfortunately, all of the pizzas I've gotten so far on this trip to USA have been disappointing. Aside from the ones in Chicago, we went to a California Pizza Kitchen here and I had a thin-crust. Man was that a poor excuse for a pizza! It was like eating a big cracker. The taste of the ingredients was ruined by the bottom. If you ask me, that pizza should have been taken out of the oven about 4 or 5 minutes earlier. Since they had some special deal that if you ate at the restaurant you could take home a pizza for 5 bucks, to bake at home yourself, I took home a non-thin-crust one, hoping that would be better. I just baked the thing in the oven. Regretfully, this wasn't much better than the thin-crust I had at the restaurant. My conclusion from this is that California Pizza Kitchen doesn't have the slightest clue of what a pizza is supposed to be. The best pizza I've had here so far is a small slice of pepperoni I got at a 7-Eleven for 1.49 bucks, which in itself wasn't great. I think that says a lot.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
best pizza I've had here so far is a small slice of pepperoni I got at a 7-Eleven for 1.49 bucks

back in the days when i would eat pizza, yeah, some of the best stuff comes from quickie marts

the stuff comes in from a vendor frozen so it is cost effective for them to make it small, unencumbered by a bunch of crap and if possible, mildly tasty so they can sell them

if you guys are anywhere near a SHEETZ store, try them

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
With all of the security upgrades at airports and border crossings due to 9/11 and all the terror attacks since, these two still got a kitten out of cuba, via mexico, into europe and then into Belarus

probably about a dozen xrays and physical search points the whole route..and no one and no machine detected a kitten

WHAT ELSE is airport security NOT detecting?

SERIOUSLY no one sees a problem with this? what good are post 9/11 security regimes if they can't even detect a cat?

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
back in the days when i would eat pizza, yeah, some of the best stuff comes from quickie marts

the stuff comes in from a vendor frozen so it is cost effective for them to make it small, unencumbered by a bunch of crap and if possible, mildly tasty so they can sell them

if you guys are anywhere near a SHEETZ store, try them

If you see a Sheetz, try the entire menu. When my town had a Sheetz, I would get a burrito with almost everything in it and a diet vanilla and hazelnut flavored cappuccino.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If you see a Sheetz, try the entire menu. When my town had a Sheetz, I would get a burrito with almost everything in it and a diet vanilla and hazelnut flavored cappuccino.

did you lose your sheetz? store consolidation?

i used to get stuff from sheetz--- it was good and i am sure it still is, just not interested in that kind of food any longer

sheetz has some awesome french fries and soft pretzels

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Eat a Sheetz vegetarian burrito with tator tots and jalapeno peppers and tomatoes and lettuce and salsa and blue cheese dressing, then you would be ready for your guest role on Star Trek Discovery as a robotic bisexual transgender Klingon.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
did you lose your sheetz? store consolidation?

i used to get stuff from sheetz--- it was good and i am sure it still is, just not interested in that kind of food any longer

sheetz has some awesome french fries and soft pretzels

The owner of the land wanted more rent, but the site was not large enough to expand to a size that would generate the extra revenue, so they left, and a crappy restaurant/gas station took their place.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The owner of the land wanted more rent, but the site was not large enough to expand to a size that would generate the extra revenue, so they left, and a crappy restaurant/gas station took their place.

was this a sheetz that was in a converted building?

now they own their land

we lost as store in our area to consolidation when they started building the new style sheetz stores

when i used to eat that kind of food occasionally, it was a decent option. and you can always count on everything they sold to be fresh and not give you trichinosis or something

always remember their having the made to order touchscreens order stations like back in 1994 or so, way before other places

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Eat a Sheetz vegetarian burrito with tator tots and jalapeno peppers and tomatoes and lettuce and salsa and blue cheese dressing, then you would be ready for your guest role on Star Trek Discovery as a robotic bisexual transgender Klingon.

sheetz does come up with some weird menu itemsz

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
was this a sheetz that was in a converted building?

now they own their land

we lost as store in our area to consolidation when they started building the new style sheetz stores

when i used to eat that kind of food occasionally, it was a decent option. and you can always count on everything they sold to be fresh and not give you trichinosis or something

always remember their having the made to order touchscreens order stations like back in 1994 or so, way before other places

New building, but they rented the land from some greedy arses.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
IMG-20200317-WA0002.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Unfortunately, all of the pizzas I've gotten so far on this trip to USA have been disappointing. Aside from the ones in Chicago, we went to a California Pizza Kitchen here and I had a thin-crust. Man was that a poor excuse for a pizza! It was like eating a big cracker. The taste of the ingredients was ruined by the bottom. If you ask me, that pizza should have been taken out of the oven about 4 or 5 minutes earlier. Since they had some special deal that if you ate at the restaurant you could take home a pizza for 5 bucks, to bake at home yourself, I took home a non-thin-crust one, hoping that would be better. I just baked the thing in the oven. Regretfully, this wasn't much better than the thin-crust I had at the restaurant. My conclusion from this is that California Pizza Kitchen doesn't have the slightest clue of what a pizza is supposed to be. The best pizza I've had here so far is a small slice of pepperoni I got at a 7-Eleven for 1.49 bucks, which in itself wasn't great. I think that says a lot.

Yep, it's hit or miss with pizzas in CA. i had to go through a dozen before I found an authentic NY pizza, and of course the place is run by two Italian heritage pizza cooks from NY who are using imported pizza stones and ovens. It's a bit more expensive than 7-Eleven in price, but not nearly as much as the overrated California Pizza Kitchen pizzas and many other pizzarias.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yep, it's hit or miss with pizzas in CA. i had to go through a dozen before I found an authentic NY pizza, and of course the place is run by two Italian heritage pizza cooks from NY who are using imported pizza stones and ovens. It's a bit more expensive than 7-Eleven in price, but not nearly as much as the overrated California Pizza Kitchen pizzas and many other pizzarias.

how about korean-mexican fusion, bulgogi- jalapeno-goat cheese food truck pizza?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
why is youtube demonetizing any video that mentions coronavirus or covid 19 in the title or in the video itself?