Random Banter

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
well, it appears our backyard woods is quite a popular spot!

yes, there are bobcats all around PA, but it is a bit surprising we have so much activity from so many diff animals in our small stretch of property. must be becuase we are along the river

some guys i have trapping back there (i have seen fox and fisher back there and i don't want them here) set up a trail cam and got a pic of this guy

that trail is is straddling is about 3ft or so wide and it is fairly blocking the middle of it. so this guy is pretty close to the reported max length of the cat which is about 2 1/2 ft. judging by the stump next to it, he is pretty tall as well.

guess i wont be going on any early morning, pre dawn walks down there :)

45745296_2217837281835478_3070464706796847104_n.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
well, it appears our backyard woods is quite a popular spot!

yes, there are bobcats all around PA, but it is a bit surprising we have so much activity from so many diff animals in our small stretch of property. must be becuase we are along the river

some guys i have trapping back there (i have seen fox and fisher back there and i don't want them here) set up a trail cam and got a pic of this guy

that trail is is straddling is about 3ft or so wide and it is fairly blocking the middle of it. so this guy is pretty close to the reported max length of the cat which is about 2 1/2 ft. judging by the stump next to it, he is pretty tall as well.

guess i wont be going on any early morning, pre dawn walks down there :)

45745296_2217837281835478_3070464706796847104_n.jpg

THAT is a bobcat!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
THAT is a bobcat!
It's just a sweet little kitty @yongjin02.

Petpet kitty petpet.

there are ppl from pa to north jersey and ny state who all have
"grainy" cam pics of what are, some kind of, bigger cat

ppl say mountain lions, which were once in abundance in the area but which the various state game agencies say are now extinct

so, game commission you can be everywhere all the time?! takes them almost a week to respond to a nuisance bear call!

then the pa game commission says that these bigger cats are 'escaped exotics"!! does it matter?! there are big cats, in the wild. doesn't matter if it is a wild born mt lion or an escaped one.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
idk, this whole thing of parents using their kids to make cute videos on youtube is, i think, getting out of hand

they make money from the commercials played during their vids, yes?

ok, maybe that is ok even though who knows what the hell the parents are doing with the money

but now, this family "ryans toy review" is selling toys using the kids image

i guess its legal, but i don't think its right

do they consider what will happen to this kid psychologically when he isn't cute anymore?

and, the toy companies? i am sure they got this family at a far cheaper price point then say, buying rights from disney

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ryan-s-W...MI_tWqp4_I3gIVjwOGCh3z9gQPEAQYASABEgLtqfD_BwE

1b731948-9b55-41be-b9d7-272bd097f276_1.1662e970423338ed489e7ee6e6ac697a.jpeg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
idk, this whole thing of parents using their kids to make cute videos on youtube is, i think, getting out of hand

they make money from the commercials played during their vids, yes?

ok, maybe that is ok even though who knows what the hell the parents are doing with the money

but now, this family "ryans toy review" is selling toys using the kids image

i guess its legal, but i don't think its right

do they consider what will happen to this kid psychologically when he isn't cute anymore?

and, the toy companies? i am sure they got this family at a far cheaper price point then say, buying rights from disney

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ryan-s-W...MI_tWqp4_I3gIVjwOGCh3z9gQPEAQYASABEgLtqfD_BwE

1b731948-9b55-41be-b9d7-272bd097f276_1.1662e970423338ed489e7ee6e6ac697a.jpeg

The bolded...have they ever? :( They grow up, no longer look cute and sometimes not even like they did when they were kids. And they develop behavioral problems.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The bolded...have they ever? :( They grow up, no longer look cute and sometimes not even like they did when they were kids. And they develop behavioral problems.
Like Wil Wheaton?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Like Wil Wheaton?
Will did ok. :) But he wasn't a little kid. The first Gerber Baby became a mess. And also Bull Mumy did well. Anakin and kid Alexander from Star Trek not so much.

It would be hilarious if they replaced the kid without telling anyone when he grew too big for the job. There would simply be another kid playing the role of "Ryan" one day and everyone would be expected to act like nothing had changed. :anim_59:

(Meanwhile the real Ryan, now an awkward and homely teen with no self-esteem, would hide in his parent's basement [where they moved his bedroom to because they could no longer stand sharing their living space with what they considered to be a hideous creature that was a drain on their income] until that fateful day that he offs his folks and goes on a 10-state killing spree. Cuz let's face it, with parents like these that's definitely a possibility.)

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

i think you think i am confusing this with actual actors :)

these are ppl are using their kids. they make some 'home vids', they put them up on YT and get a bunch of likes,etc and gain popularity and advertisers attn.

at least actual child actors are regulated and there are some kind of legal protections for them. imo, this is pure, unfettered and unregulated exploitation

i posted upthread other families doing this as well. there are many,many more doing it too. all in the hopes of making some easy money off their kids.

its sick--do these kids even go to school? the volume and frequency of the post suggests they do not and that they do not have the time to be actual kids.

i think when kids like Ryan, and the 'zz kids' family and all the others grow up they are going to behave in manner that makes cases like Paris hilton and the Kardashians look completely sane and reasonable

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so now you can watch many of the same videos that are on YT on amazon prime.

but,why?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
do we have a thread on Van helsing (syfy series) here? thxs

<<yes, i tried the search function>>

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
do we have a thread on Van helsing (syfy series) here? thxs

<<yes, i tried the search function>>

There are references, but not a thread for it. Go ahead and start one! :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Expanse ROBBED ! What a friggin joke . Beat out by a wtf western about who the fook knows who stepped in fresh horseshit !!!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just had a good chuckle over a movie review I read. The title of the movie is "Free the Nipple". The review reads a lot like the style of someone here. I'm looking at you @PussyGalore.

Two problems

For a movie about female breasts, "Free the Nipple" has two major flaws: The first problem is that there is simply not enough screen time devoted to the Titular subject. I'd estimate that bare breasts are shown in less than half the screen time of this movie--a poor showing indeed. I've seen dozens of movies in which bare breasts are featured in 90 to 95 percent of the total running time. That's really the range you want to be shooting for to give female breasts the exposure they deserve. The second and more significant problem lies in the quality of female breasts cast in the film. There were a handful of worthy performances, but the majority of them were simply not up snuff. *Lina Esco's breasts turn in an excellent performance: round and perky, with just enough heft to bounce, but not enough to sag. *The second lead, Lola Kirke's breasts may have been technically larger as measured by cup size, but when viewed against her overlarge torso, they failed to produce the hour-glass shape necessary to please male viewers, who, in all fairness, likely make up at least half of the film's audience. *Pound-per-pound, Casey LaBow's breasts (full and symmetrical) give what is arguably the strongest performance in the film, but they are sadly underutilized. I can only recall three or four scenes in which they were featured, for a total screen time well under five minutes. Despite pretenses of progressive politics, this independent film hides and marginalizes African American breasts in the shameful tradition of mainstream Hollywood. Monique Coleman plays a substantial supporting role, but her breasts remain inexplicably hidden throughout the film, and undoubtedly would have added some much needed flavor to the mix. Two of the films' strongest portrayals come from an outstanding pair of African American breasts in the film's final montage sequence, but once again, their screen time is utterly brief and deserving of much broader coverage. This final scene does feature at least 20 different pairs of breasts in rapid succession, but the majority of these performances fall flat. Many are of the "pancake" or "banana" variety, and some even suffer from the unforgivable "lazy eye" syndrome. Perhaps most disturbing is the discriminatory casting the filmmakers seem to have practiced against breasts that have been augmented by surgical implants, which by all accounts make for the most satisfying and cinematic mammaries possible.