Random Banter

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
absolutely NOT a shortcut. time to set this up to get that precise a block lay would take way more then just laying them out the regular way

but it was cool to watch

Lol! There should have been an awesome button, coz this is awesome!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
There is mention of a ford mustang SUV ... jeeprs H cripes huh ! Wth is wrong with these people ! Why destroy a vehicle with such an amazing linage making it into a family car when it's persona is of brute muscle car stature ! ..
Sheese ,,,

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There is mention of a ford mustang SUV ... jeeprs H cripes huh ! Wth is wrong with these people ! Why destroy a vehicle with such an amazing linage making it into a family car when it's persona is of brute muscle car stature ! ..
Sheese ,,,
This is one of the most obvious results of a committee thinking of valuable IPs as a "product" with a "brand" that is transferrable to totally unrelated things. After all, they managed to brand Chevy trucks with the Cadillac name and make fortunes on them (they have been making trucks for much longer than sedans on the same basic chassis). Ford did it with the Navigator too. Now, Audi is branding the VW SUV with it's name AND Porsche versions too, all of the same vehicle. Slap the Mustang name on something, and now it has the Mustang "brand". Think of a tiny econobox named the Pony. The caption on it might be "Pony, a Mustang brand". Or, "Pony, from Mustang". :smiley-015:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Supposedly the new mid engine Corvette will be all wheel drive like the porch 918 with electric motor up front and a twin turbo in the back .
I think all the mid engine super cars are hybrids now . I test drove the Honda NSX and it had amazing acceleration but is a but ugly car . Its not selling very well I read somewhere .
Lets see how this new mustang line does . Porch were the first with the 4 door look next to Tesla's and man is that 4 door porch one ugly looking car , yikes .
;)

Sheese ,,,

It's corporate greed and cynicism. Ford just wants to milk the Mustang name for all they can get for it. They know today's generation is too young to truly remember the original Mustang and muscle cars in general, but they know that the name "Mustang" is still recognizable on some level. So they're basically castrating the original concept of the Mustang because it's too "masculine" to fit into our current "feminine" culture but the name is still recognizable enough to sell it to clueless sheep. Greed and cynicism, pure and simple.

*I'm loosely using Machiavelli's definition of what makes a culture "masculine" or "feminine".

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

didn't they do that once before in the 80's? maybe it was another car?

also, ford announced it will only be making suvs, trucks and the mustang from here out in gas powered models

trying to max out what they can from the popular car?

-- also add having owned a 1989 f150 with a v8 in it (which i had an offer to sell it from a guy who wanted ti just for the engine to put it into an old mustang he had) there is nothing like driving a v8 in great condition! especially at the gas pump :(

i am not into all that powr and speed thing, i had the truck to put it to work hauling our firewood and other stuff. but i can appreciate what it was capable of

i have had guys who are power freaks tell me that the only thing they feel that gets them close to the same feeling of power/ speed-acceleration time is a electric vehicle with its high torque (is that it, torque?)

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
didn't they do that once before in the 80's? maybe it was another car?

They almost did it in 1964 when it first came out:

1964-Ford-Mustang-4-door-concept.jpg

And the 1974 Mustang II was an anemic econobox which shared it's underpinnings and engines with the Ford Pinto :facepalm: It had a 4cyl engine, and no V8 option.

II-1.jpg

also, ford announced it will only be making suvs, trucks and the mustang from here out in gas powered models

trying to max out what they can from the popular car?

-- also add having owned a 1989 f150 with a v8 in it (which i had an offer to sell it from a guy who wanted ti just for the engine to put it into an old mustang he had) there is nothing like driving a v8 in great condition! especially at the gas pump :(

The same chassis from that 1989 F150 is what the current Lincoln Navigator is riding on! They have not changed it in decades.

i am not into all that powr and speed thing, i had the truck to put it to work hauling our firewood and other stuff. but i can appreciate what it was capable of

i have had guys who are power freaks tell me that the only thing they feel that gets them close to the same feeling of power/ speed-acceleration time is a electric vehicle with its high torque (is that it, torque?)

Me neither (the bolded). I don't see the appeal in it. Fast cars are fun to drive, yes. :) But to use one as a daily driver, or to go shopping or back and forth to work? Nah.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member