Random Banter

Sure, let's mess around with antimatter. What could possibly go wrong? :daniel_new004:

antimatter.gif

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I don't want to get into anyone's battle here, but I will just say that my lungs are really sensitive the last couple of years. I can go into a coughing fit when someone smokes, vapes or sprays some crap too close to me. My old co-worker with asthma did go into a fit three times and got sent to the hospital twice, for someone vaping and spraying on the work floor. And, yes, vaping does do it, it is something that I used to do and no longer can, and the strong odors like cotton candy or chocolate can make you nauseous and give you a nasty headache. I literally avoid these groups of smokers and vapers outside as well as inside. As far as having it in indoors at work, that is bullshit. We have an office of over 500 people, there was one person with a nut allergy and so the entire work space was banned from nuts. Enough said, if is is a health hazard for one, then it should not be allowed at work.

My biggest problem over here is that people think it is okay to spray their deodorant on the office floor, which is the worst! I literally can't breathe, go into a coughing fit and have to leave the floor. Plus, well, it is just damn gross. I put on my deodorant in the privacy of my bathroom, and I think others should too. They are literally spraying their pits at their desks. What the frak! Nobody ever did this in US, what is wrong with this country in this regard? Keep your bathroom toiletry habits to the bathroom. They banned the sprays at my old job, they need to do it at my new job too. What is worse? We have shower rooms for these twits to do this in, but they do it at their desks.

Meh, Meghan McCain is putting on some bad theater cuz she knows she will never have this big of a spotlight ever again. And for what it's worth John McCain was never great himself. Yes I respect the fact that he was a tortured prisoner of war and lived to tell the tale. But other than that he was pretty much a dick most of the time. The fact that he's being lionized in the mainstream media now has a lot to do with the fact that it's a slow ratings period and there's nothing else to talk about.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Never mind bullet proof , how about for motorcyclist clothing . Sounds perfect for bikers ! Imagine light as a feather jackets and pant's , boot's , gloves and of course the helmet . I just spent a ton of doe for a light motorbike helmet because I have Cervical Spondylosis and I ride very rarely now because of it .
I have an icepack on my neck right now from a lot of walking today
;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I don't want to get into anyone's battle here, but I will just say that my lungs are really sensitive the last couple of years. I can go into a coughing fit when someone smokes, vapes or sprays some crap too close to me. My old co-worker with asthma did go into a fit three times and got sent to the hospital twice, for someone vaping and spraying on the work floor. And, yes, vaping does do it, it is something that I used to do and no longer can, and the strong odors like cotton candy or chocolate can make you nauseous and give you a nasty headache. I literally avoid these groups of smokers and vapers outside as well as inside. As far as having it in indoors at work, that is bullshit. We have an office of over 500 people, there was one person with a nut allergy and so the entire work space was banned from nuts. Enough said, if is is a health hazard for one, then it should not be allowed at work.

My biggest problem over here is that people think it is okay to spray their deodorant on the office floor, which is the worst! I literally can't breathe, go into a coughing fit and have to leave the floor. Plus, well, it is just damn gross. I put on my deodorant in the privacy of my bathroom, and I think others should too. They are literally spraying their pits at their desks. What the frak! Nobody ever did this in US, what is wrong with this country in this regard? Keep your bathroom toiletry habits to the bathroom. They banned the sprays at my old job, they need to do it at my new job too. What is worse? We have shower rooms for these twits to do this in, but they do it at their desks.

you need to be a boss and ban that schinezzel for rizzle!! :)

seriously though... well you may still think i am joking but...

on people always spraying and tweeking their smell and looks at work,etc. time for that was at home

and why do they think that so many people are thinking about how they smell when they should be thinking about why they think other people think they smell

especially if they don't smell

follow?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Meh, Meghan McCain is putting on some bad theater cuz she knows she will never have this big of a spotlight ever again. And for what it's worth John McCain was never great himself. Yes I respect the fact that he was a tortured prisoner of war and lived to tell the tale. But other than that he was pretty much a dick most of the time. The fact that he's being lionized in the mainstream media now has a lot to do with the fact that it's a slow ratings period and there's nothing else to talk about.

OMG!! politics off the reservation and in the wild!!!!! :vala-newanime016:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG!! politics off the reservation and in the wild!!!!! :vala-newanime016:

One isolated post which is quickly followed by non-political posts? 100% acceptable. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Amazon will never replace Kodi. It has been around almost twice as long as Amazon, and is FREE. They aren't even on the same gameboard.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

So, do you cough and have issues when you inhale the steam from your coffee or tea? How about the morning fog? Smoking is as similar to vaping as a light bulb is to a flame. There is nothing in normal vape juice to trigger anything like you are describing. The ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerine, food grade flavoring. Thats it. Your friend with athsma is inhaling propylene glycol if he/she is using an inhaler. Deny and argue against it as you might, science debunks your claims pretty clearly without exception. You might not like vaping, and I get that. But you can't also claim that it causes any sort of asthmatic attacks or "going into a fit". Both you and your hubby have made these claims, but they are just not backed up by anything real, other than your distaste for it. Spraying cleaning chemicals, wearing perfume or cologne or banning nut products all have a basis in real allergies and physical reactions from people sensitive to those things. There is nothing to be allergic to in vapes except perhaps a specific flavoring agent in certain flavors.

I agree, and that is prohibited in most offices. Why would people spray deodorant on themselves while at work? Didn't they shower before work? :icon_mad: And some women seem to think that floral perfumes smell pretty to everyone. Uh, hell no! This older woman would come in smelling like a rose garden, and they told her to just leave the garden at home. When she didn't, they fired her. As soon as she would come in the office, more than half the employees started sneezing.

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Myself having asthma also , often begin coughing when waiting in a docotors office or a public place when I get a whif of someones purfume but also if they went out for a smoke and came back in . Cigarette smoke sets me off instantly so if an e cig is setting someone like myself off as it is with aliz, could the smoker not be adding nicotine of some sort to there vape ?
PS omg vaping looks stupid ... looks like a steam train coming into a station, then when the smoke clears you see bearded man bun boy all smug from his cloud and crowd clearing creation ...
;)