Random Banter

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah that could be nifty for me. It would be awesome if everyone could personalize their own stickies there, but I realize that is a whole different ball game.

The function you need to be using is Watched Threads. You can make a list like that of all the threads you want to be able to get to quickly, and there is already a menu button for it. Just add threads to Watch Thread under Thread Tools.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I am so fascinated these days by the volcanic eruption in Hawaii...wow! who was the moron who decided to over rule the US corp of engineers and allow someone to put a development that close?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I am so fascinated these days by the volcanic eruption in Hawaii...wow! who was the moron who decided to over rule the US corp of engineers and allow someone to put a development that close?

big daddy greenback

HI and this construction? I'd guess some chinese investors are involved in some fashion (depending on how old the development is)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Watched Jumanji last night . What a pleasant surprise . It was a lot of silly fun . Start's out a little slow but quickly get's you into the fun stuff ... All the actors did a really great job .

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2283362/

It was surprisingly great. :) The Rock is actually quite a well-rounded actor/comedian/entertainer. As soon as they stop pairing him with a buffoon in the ensemble, he could go even higher.

Yeah, it's about the money. Developers push to ease restrictions and get exemptions and then the homeowners either don't care about the fact that they can't get insurance coverage for volcano eruptions, floods, etc. because they expect Big Daddy government to bail them out if anything should happen. They also prefer ignorance over facts of reality. Welcome to America.

There are developments in the Midwest that are built on flood plains. The excuse is that they're considered "100 year flood threats" which we all know is a joke. Everyone knows the government will bail them out when their bad decision turns out to be a, well, bad decision.

In the case of Hawaii it's hard to gin up sympathy due to the fact that the islands exist because of volcanic activity. In short, the reason we have those islands is because they're volcanoes to begin with! Everyone learned this fact in grade school. We also learned that these volcanos are still active. Building on active volcanoes is just plain stupid.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The Miss America pageant has removed the swimsuit competition from the show. They claim they will no longer be judging on physical appearance. This begs the question of what the lonely middle-aged male viewers are going to masturbate to now? Did no one think of their needs? :daniel_new004:

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/...petition-longer-judge-based/story?id=55638426

It somehow reminds me of that time when Traci Lords (if you have to ask, don't. :)) tried to remake herself into a "legitimate actress".

The Miss America Pageant is the human equivalent of a dog or cat or pony show. Yeah, there are the Toddlers & Tiaras pageants, but this one is for women. It is a pageant firmly rooted in hetero maleness. Now, they want to morph it into a feminist competition. Whatevs, it should just go away. Why do we need a Miss America? This is what the Miss America pageant really is, and yeah that is a scale:

miss_america.jpg

It somehow reminds me of that time when Traci Lords (if you have to ask, don't. :)) tried to remake herself into a "legitimate actress".

The Miss America Pageant is the human equivalent of a dog or cat or pony show. Yeah, there are the Toddlers & Tiaras pageants, but this one is for women. It is a pageant firmly rooted in hetero maleness. Now, they want to morph it into a feminist competition. Whatevs, it should just go away. Why do we need a Miss America? This is what the Miss America pageant really is, and yeah that is a scale:

View attachment 34163

Beauty pageants have always been venues to show off T&A. It's not any deeper than that. So if they think they're gonna be successful by making pageants something other than this they're sadly mistaken. Better to simply end the stupid pageants than try to make them into something they're not.

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Just saw a trailer for an animated Spiderman movie on iMDB. It looked pretty sweet. Coming in December. :)

Just saw a trailer for an animated Spiderman movie on iMDB. It looked pretty sweet. Coming in December. :)

Haven't we reached the point of fatigue with Spiderman and Batman? These characters have been regurgitated over and over and over for 10 - 15 years now. We've had Toby Maguire then Andrew Garfield and now Tom Holland playing Spidey -- and all three of these roles were/are distinctly separate, they were not merely a new actor taking over the same story in the same movie franchise.

And I'm not even including the animated Spiderman stuff. And, don't even get me going about Batman.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate these characters, but I'm getting sick and tired of them being rebooted every couple years. How many different ways can they tell their origin stories? How many different ways can they portray the classic battles with the classic villains in their classic stories???

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Haven't we reached the point of fatigue with Spiderman and Batman? These characters have been regurgitated over and over and over for 10 - 15 years now. We've had Toby Maguire then Andrew Garfield and now Tom Holland playing Spidey -- and all three of these roles were/are distinctly separate, they were not merely a new actor taking over the same story in the same movie franchise.

And I'm not even including the animated Spiderman stuff. And, don't even get me going about Batman.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate these characters, but I'm getting sick and tired of them being rebooted every couple years. How many different ways can they tell their origin stories? How many different ways can they portray the classic battles with the classic villains in their classic stories???
This one is different. Spidey is not alone. ;) Also there appears to be plenty of humor in it. Watch the trailer.