Random Banter

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
With apologies to JoeList, Illinois strikes again. :icon_lol:

S7vw9qOwjiNDmQP8Q66q8u8i8KGhhxga-3JY_tZGKgU.jpg

There is no way to apologize for Illinois....

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Gokart endurance race at the NCM Race Track results
Yours truly and his 4 team mates went from 7th on the grid(last place) to 1st place finish in a 45 minute timed event with 5 driver changes ...
Pink Team kicks butt !!!
I also got second fastest time and only 2 of us were doing 24 seconds range lap ...
20180518_143518.jpg

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
We won because instead of doing track practice , we did driver change practice instead ... Also we left our last driver out for the last 17 mins of the event while others were still doing the 5 mandatory driver changes . ...
;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I was actually in the process of leaving because I think I waste too much time here, but then again, coming here is therapy for me after getting treatment from a serious disorder. It was also about how overmind One took offence because of his conservative views conflicting against mine.

I am glad you stayed. And I may have overreacted on that thread. :) But the PC response from me was not conservative, it was socially conscious. Clicking a cookie is not going to offend anyone. That thread easily could and did. Anyway, its water under the bridge. I come here for my therapy too.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I am glad you stayed. And I may have overreacted on that thread. :) But the PC response from me was not conservative, it was socially conscious. Clicking a cookie is not going to offend anyone. That thread easily could and did. Anyway, its water under the bridge. I come here for my therapy too.
Anyway, don't let people who aren't of authority abuse their powers and falsely represent that they have power of authority. They may have the power to throw you out, but they can't force you to do shit if you aren't willing to. One of the buildings I went to for a simple chat with a friend now is taking photos of people who enter the building. I questioned why such a measure was necessary? Got no answer other than it is necessary. I then said that I was here last month and I come here quite frequently, I hadn't heard about anything bad happening or anything, so why do you need to treat people as if they are in prison?

I am happy to give you my name and if you want my driver's licence, but I am not letting you take my photo sorry. The really fucked up part is that they keep it for 12 months. YES 12 friggin months. These people are not the Police and given that it's stored on a database which is open for hacking.

I respectfully questioned it but managed to meet my friend who let me in but what kind of a building treats you as a criminal from the start? The really disturbing part is that people were OKAY to have their photos taken without questioning it. I go, you haven't done anything wrong.There are security cameras around in case someone does, why do you need to take photographs of everyone? This is why we can't have nice things anymore. Too many stupid people on this planet and they have let fear rob of our civil liberties.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
sit back

relax

watch kids play

listen to the birds

watch the koi

wish they would make a electric mower with longer battery life

watching the grass grow while the electric flows into said battery

now how 'bout them tomatoes?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
because now using a gas mower sucks..even a new one from last yr, properly drained of fluids and stored indoors is no longer a guarantee it will start this yr

alcohol in the gas and all

i dont think i will ever buy anothe rgas operated small yard tool again

hey they make 60v 18" bar chainsaws now. 1 hr battery life--constant use. think about-- i rarely operate my gas saw more then an hour at a time

electric saw--instant start, quieter, great torque, no gas, no mess, no waiting for engine to decompress in between starts after a long use

electric mower-- cuts through 7 ' high damp grass better then the gas mower ever did...electric will push through a cut from greater torque? whatever---new designs better cuts-no gas, better investment. just make a longer lasting battery PLS

------------
well clearly my 'random banter' isnt quite so as a definite pattern is detectable :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
because now using a gas mower sucks..even a new one from last yr, properly drained of fluids and stored indoors is no longer a guarantee it will start this yr

hey they make 60v 18" bar chainsaws now. 1 hr battery life--constant use. think about-- i rarely operate my gas saw more then an hour at a time

electric saw--instant start, quieter, great torque, no gas, no mess, no waiting for engine to decompress in between starts after a long use

electric mower-- cuts through 7 ' high damp grass better then the gas mower ever did...electric will push through a cut from greater torque? whatever---new designs better cuts-no gas, better investment. just make a longer lasting battery PLS

------------
well clearly my 'random banter' isnt quite so as a definite pattern is detectable :)
I have a 30 year old Briggs and Stratton 20 inch lawn mower and starts first pull every spring . 5 pushes of the primer and away she goes . I have even replaced the entire body because it rusted out . I only use Shell 91 Octane with no ethanol . You can also use a product called Starbrite that you can get at a boating store which neutralizes the ethanol in fuels and will keep your gas fresh for 2 years .
Sadly you can no longer buy a Briggs and Stratton unless at a garage sale .

;)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I had to go threw a few hoops but I can now upload and post on my gaming PC with Chrome . Had to remove stuff right inside the registry . Found steps online with youtube
;)

------------

My gas mower started on the first pull this year. I didn't do anything special last Fall when I stored it, no additives, no draining of any remaining fuel, etc. I just shoved it in a corner of my garage and forgot about it. (Incidentally, that's a good philosophy for life -- just shove your problems into a corner of the garage and forget about them. Believe me, it works wonders!)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
My gas mower started on the first pull this year. I didn't do anything special last Fall when I stored it, no additives, no draining of any remaining fuel, etc. I just shoved it in a corner of my garage and forgot about it. (Incidentally, that's a good philosophy for life -- just shove your problems into a corner of the garage and forget about them. Believe me, it works wonders!)

and that worked for 2 (3) yrs

i took in to get it looked at and they told me that basically the area where the compression/spark meets gas is corroded from the yrs of using regular fuel--you know from the pump with the little bit of ethanol in it?

they say for no issues, go to the airport and buy some 105 octane fuel there....yeah, drive the 18 miles..etc,etc..find a guy named 'Bob' and hope he sells me the aviation fuel (well, racing fuel, but i guess some small craft owners like to use it in their vintage (ww2 and older) planes they keep there

but, i am done throwing money after gas engines on small tools. the ethanol content will continue to wreck the innards

and i have been waiting for the electric stuff to get more powerful/run times and come down in price. this was the time
and they have other tools that use the same battery. planning on getting a chain saw. so i will have a back up btry while mowing
and once we get the yard tamed and back to its normal depth, the run time will extend with shorter grass

got this puppy:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Greenworks...PIHtzmRZX5LF6Op0hAGPhbtnv7nrqG6waAnjkEALw_wcB

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

------------

If you even OWN a gas powered leaf blower, you will be banned. And, I will buy a plane ticket and rent a monster truck and roll over your whole property until nothin taller than 2" remains. :P

Seriously though, gas powered leaf blowers have gotten people stabbed here in California. :icon_cool:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If you even OWN a gas powered leaf blower, you will be banned. And, I will buy a plane ticket and rent a monster truck and roll over your whole property until nothin taller than 2" remains. :P

Seriously though, gas powered leaf blowers have gotten people stabbed here in California. :icon_cool:

leaf blowers must be the most behaviorally regressed (used in place of the 'r' word which is now so offensive) invention EVER

i do have a machine that sucks up leaves and other things like small branches and grinds it. a far more effective way of getting the stuff into a mulch pile/worm bed and getting it hot and cooking (un shredded leaves take a few yrs to break down if not shredded)= soil for the garden next year :)

if "they' designed the use of a bit of ethanol in "regular" gas for the sole purpose of getting ppl to give up gas powered yard machines-- its working

that stuff is so damned corrosive to small IC engines. guy at the repair shop was showing me just how badly it pits and otherwise corrodes the insides of any small engine

you can use this stuff, and i do for my chainsaw. good for any other 40:1 or 50:1 machine as well. just expensive. like $8 for a liter
upload_2018-5-25_22-5-22.jpeg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
motorcycle owners say "loud pipes save lives" to justify the noise

No--- NOT wrapping your legs around an internal combustion engine on 2 wheels going 85mph, saves lives

and then the no helmet required thing too---idiots all I say!!