Helix: Love it or Hate it? (Awards Given)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Give the ball to Jim.

Your prediction was overly optimistic and as you know optimism is frowned upon here at GateFans. Please try not to anger the gods any further with such Pollyanna ratings predictions. After all, if you keep it up and you will get us all killed. :moody:

Oh yeah --

Overmind One - 0.9 million
Backstep - 1.2 million
Jim of WVa - 1.1 million
ShavedApe - 1.01 million

B

Backstep

Your prediction was overly optimistic and as you know optimism is frowned upon here at GateFans. Please try not to anger the gods any further with such Pollyanna ratings predictions. After all, if you keep it up and you will get us all killed. :moody:

I like walking on the edge, sliding down the razors edge and landing in a pool of rubbing alcohol, i know my butt has a crack in it and still refuse to trade it in. We all choose to live in the fallout raidus, why? because of the butterflys and pretty colors :playful:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Episode 5 "Survivor Zero", airs Feb 14 2014

Backstep - 1.2 million
Jim of WVa - 1.1 million
ShavedApe - 9 billion because I love this show so much I'm gonna marry it
Bluce Ree - 0.01 million

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Backstep - 1.2 million
Jim of WVa - 1.1 million
Bluce Ree - 0.01 million

That would be funny as shit if this show suddenly posted your ratings. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Backstep - 1.2 million
Jim of WVa - 1.1 million
Bluce Ree - 0.01 million

WAIT! We are at Episode 8 "Bloodline". The balls were awarded for Episode 7, "Survivor Zero". "Bloodline" airs tonight.

Corrected list:

Episode 8 "Bloodline", airs Feb 21 2014

Backstep - 1.2 million
Jim of WVa - 1.1 million
Bluce Ree - 0.01 million

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Backstep - 1.2 million
Jim of WVa - 1.1 million
Bluce Ree - 0.01 million
Joelist - 1.150 Million

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Backstep - 1.2 million
Jim of WVa - 1.1 million
ShavedApe - 1.01 (fo reals, yo!)
Bluce Ree - 0.01 million
Joelist - 1.150 Million

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Okay, watched tonight's episode. There were huge chunks of "I DON'T CARE" moments. The whole stolen/adopted security guard thing was lame. I didn't care. I don't care. I won't care.

As for the main story, oy! :rolleyes: On the upside, we did get a head in a jar scene, so that was nice.

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
I might be going out on a limb here but here it goes.

This whole drama with a sci-fi flavor is well, LOST's fault. I remember a while back, news on the show wasn't about how great the plot was (hold back your laughter) or the in depth characters (again keep it in) but instead on moments like 'who will Kate date next' and its like the writers now have taken this to heart by literal injection, which is why its more overt now days than it was back in say 2003.

Worst of all, I've known people who have come back from recent conflicts, especially during the heated times in Afghan (2008-09) real people, have been through much worse than these fictional characters and have kept a clear head through it all. Amazing isn't it? Its almost like these writers live in a little bubble where they will is law and that is what the world must function like. Also guess what, in the British Army we have female soldiers serving on the front lines with males, is there any shagging going on in the FOB's or PB's? Bloody hell no there isn't.

God damn it I needed to get that off of my chest.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
I might be going out on a limb here but here it goes.

This whole drama with a sci-fi flavor is well, LOST's fault. I remember a while back, news on the show wasn't about how great the plot was (hold back your laughter) or the in depth characters (again keep it in) but instead on moments like 'who will Kate date next' and its like the writers now have taken this to heart by literal injection, which is why its more overt now days than it was back in say 2003.

Worst of all, I've known people who have come back from recent conflicts, especially during the heated times in Afghan (2008-09) real people, have been through much worse than these fictional characters and have kept a clear head through it all. Amazing isn't it? Its almost like these writers live in a little bubble where they will is law and that is what the world must function like. Also guess what, in the British Army we have female soldiers serving on the front lines with males, is there any shagging going on in the FOB's or PB's? Bloody hell no there isn't.

God damn it I needed to get that off of my chest.

There was quite a lot of sex during down times during the Gulf War, the Iraq War, Afghanistan. It is the down times, when the temptation for sex on duty runs high.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And the winner for Episode 8 is....

1.17 would be Joelist! He predicted 1.15

CONGRATULATIONS!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, Episode 8 was actually good. Yep, I said it. Jeri Ryan has added the FUN back into this show, and it has changed in a big way for me. Before you say it, NO, her "assets" are not shown at all. In fact, they are intentionally downplayed, and she doesn't even wear much makeup. She plays UBER BITCH very very very well, thank you very fkking much! She is more fun than the lesbian doctor, more fun than Seven of Nine, and more evil than I though she could pull off.

My favorite line from her in Episode 8 (her second episode as a regular):

Episode8.PNG

[In response to her guard who says she is wounded] "The only thing wounded is my vintage Dior. So, unless you are a seamstress, Lieutenant, PISS OFF". :anim_59: :icon_clap:

The metallic bluish-gray filtering has been taken away and replaced with softer blur in the scenes (editing changes?). There is a lot of blue neon and the colors have been brightened by lights and more modern looking display panels. And the story has moved towards the virus and the reasons why these characters are doing what they do.

Another major change is the reactions to the virus on the base. Nobody seems to be worried about it spreading much anymore, since the contaminated areas have been breached more than once. No more zombies running around with the black goo much. We know that the virus can go in two directions...one is mass global genocide, and the other one is towards something evolutionary...something good.

Good vs Evil.

I actually liked this episode. :) I hope that the audience left has seen this. If they can manage to keep the course, it could turn around...maybe. I'm going to be a bit more optimistic this time around:

Episode 9 "Level X" airs Feb 28, 2014

Overmind One - 2.0

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
B

Backstep

Episode 9 "Level X" airs Feb 28, 2014

Overmind One - 2.0
Backstep - 1.123