Flotsam and Jetsam

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
go somewhere warm and sunny then return to snow and -39! I think the global warming peeps are WRONG! :P

I wonder if the polar bears got there ice back? "Daddy the polar bears, we have to save the polar bears-recycle that bag!"

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
bundy bear.png

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Meh, it's Winter. There was a time cold snaps and storms weren't reasons for media hysteria. We've gotten soft as a nation.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What's good for the goose...

http://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/satanists-unveil-design-okla-capitol-monument-21440030

Group Unveils Satan Statue Design for Oklahoma
OKLAHOMA CITY January 7, 2014 (AP)

A satanic group unveiled designs Monday for a 7-foot-tall statue of Satan it wants to put at the Oklahoma state Capitol, where a Ten Commandments monument was placed in 2012.

The New York-based Satanic Temple formally submitted its application to a panel that oversees the Capitol grounds, including an artist's rendering that depicts Satan as Baphomet, a goat-headed figure with horns, wings and a long beard that's often used as a symbol of the occult. In the rendering, Satan is sitting in a pentagram-adorned throne with smiling children next to him.

"Satan stands as the ultimate icon for the selfless revolt against tyranny, free & rational inquiry, and the responsible pursuit of happiness," the website says.

AP_satanist_monument_tk_140106_v16x9_16x9_608.jpg

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Meh, it's Winter. There was a time cold snaps and storms weren't reasons for media hysteria. We've gotten soft as a nation.

Exactly, this current weather was the "normal" for here when I and my parents were growing up. Hot or cold, the media must have their story.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Exactly, this current weather was the "normal" for here when I and my parents were growing up. Hot or cold, the media must have their story.

Don't get me going about the runs on grocery stores now when there is the mention of snow in the forecast. The panic buying is ridiculous. People act like it's a natural disaster. :facepalm:

B

Backstep

The same in Maryland where I grew up. As a kid it snowed every winter, the river froze, now 40-50 f is the norm, as it will be by Thursday.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Don't get me going about the runs on grocery stores now when there is the mention of snow in the forecast. The panic buying is ridiculous. People act like it's a natural disaster. :facepalm:

Got to get that milk and bread for the sandwiches :encouragement:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Denis Rodman and his 10 Ronin. Is he mad because he has been totally taken in by Kim or has he deduced that he is being used by Kim? I don't think that either of them figured out that they were both used by HBO and VICE.

When Coumo asks about Kim killing his Uncle; Kim rubbed out his maternal uncle and his group of followers by execution. At first it was believed to be firing squad, but recent intelligence reports indicate it was a public one by using 150 hungry dogs. Bae is a captured religious missionary.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/07/world/asia/north-korea-dennis-rodman/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Rodman is a moron just trying to get attention because his basketball fame of 15 minutes is long since over. One doesn't make friends with a murderous dictator whilst ignoring all the carnage that is plain to see unless one is an immoral monster themselves.

Rodman should rot in a NK prison simply for being himself, the useless POS.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Rodman is a moron just trying to get attention because his basketball fame of 15 minutes is long since over. One doesn't make friends with a murderous dictator whilst ignoring all the carnage that is plain to see unless one is an immoral monster themselves.

Rodman should rot in a NK prison simply for being himself, the useless POS.

I felt bad for the other guys with him in the clip-they look terrified. Though I don't know if it is of Kim, Rodman or both

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Anybody know what the evidence North Korea said they have on Kenneth Bae is? I am wondering if he was accused of toppling the government, how did they come up with that?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Anybody know what the evidence North Korea said they have on Kenneth Bae is? I am wondering if he was accused of toppling the government, how did they come up with that?

They claim he was planning a "Jericho Operation" which would be a plot to overthrow the government.

Bae was legally (per NK rules) employed there as a tour organizer. He was also an advocate for NK citing it has being the best of the 2 Koreas for one to experience traditional Korean historical sites and "traditional/museum type" village recreations. Which is probably true--its all part of the NK "thing" to try and "out- Korea" the South

Apparently one of his NK co-workers ratted him out as a Christian.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, I think Bae is a Christian and the Norks are using that to claim he's a spy. Obviously I'm not fan of Christians and I think anyone willingly traveling to NK is a fool, but I still think this guy is getting the shaft. NK needs to be shut down once and for all.

Last edited:

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
All accused persons are always attempting to overthrow the government in Soviet Russia Korea; come on now, everyone knows that. The specific crime doesn't matter. In fact, your post seems a little anti-American. There, I called Homeland Security. You should be receiving some visitors, you traitor. Trying to overthrow the government, you commie scum.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They claim he was planning a "Jericho Operation" which would be a plot to overthrow the government.

Bae was legally (per NK rules) employed there as a tour organizer. He was also an advocate for NK citing it has being the best of the 2 Koreas for one to experience traditional Korean historical sites and "traditional/museum type" village recreations. Which is probably true--its all part of the NK "thing" to try and "out- Korea" the South

Apparently one of his NK co-workers ratted him out as a Christian.

Is it illegal to be a Christian in NK?