Cookie Clicker! The most addictive game ever.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think my computer is shutting down at night even though I have sleep mode off. When I wake up I don't have as many CPS as I expect. Woke up this morning and was only 600+ trillion. Or maybe it's the Golden cookie clicks I've been doing that really make my CPS jump. What sucks is that you have to continually watch the game in order to catch the Golden cookies. I wish there was an upgrade that automatically clicked them, lol.

There is. But it isn't permanent.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Oh wow. :) Find out. In no time, you are going to be quoting Cookie News headlines, and bragging about how many portals you have, and your Cookies Per Second rates. You will find yourself dedicating an entire browser session to your Clicker, and you will be running it overnight and checking it as soon as you get up. Not that I have PERSONAL experience of this, of course. :ronnon_whistling:

The thing is, you always are winning. You are either winning more or winning less, but you are winning 100% of the time. And the golden cookies are random, but they are like finding a $20.00 bill on the ground. There is some major psychology behind this game, for sure. Something about that big delicious looking cookie hovering over the milk, and the denominations of production (millions, billions, trillions, quadrillions, etc). Its VERY addicting. :)

Blame Lord Ba'al. He pulled some Goa'uld trick on us here. :confused0006: :anim_59:

i got to 1000 and stopped

dont see the attraction

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I'm at +15 Legacy but I haven't ascended yet. Not sure I'm ready to as I don't know if it will be worth it. Anyone know?
If you ascend now you'll get 15 heavenly chips. You'll have to spend one of those to unlock the upgrade system. That'll leave you with 14 to spend on upgrades. I believe that you should be able to buy one or two upgrades for that amount. I've been thinking about trying to save up a couple of hundred chips before ascending, but I don't know whether I'll make it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There are add-ons like that. But that's cheating. Do it if you feel like it of course. Just save your current (honest) game to file so you can restore it later if you want to go back to not cheating. ;) Overmind already found his way to a cheat judging from his screenshot.

Yes, and I regret it. I will probably start over. The cheat I used is short of the cheat that gives INFINITE cookies and all possible upgrades, but it was still a massive cheat. I am almost 2 septillion in CPS with more than a nonillion cookies and there are still upgrades to get.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Yes, and I regret it. I will probably start over. The cheat I used is short of the cheat that gives INFINITE cookies and all possible upgrades, but it was still a massive cheat. I am almost 2 septillion in CPS with more than a nonillion cookies and there are still upgrades to get.
Well if you start over you should at least have a better strategy this time around right from the start.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well if you start over you should at least have a better strategy this time around right from the start.

I had never ascended, so I just did that and I got over 1.5 million heavenly chips and lost all my cookies and buildings.

ascend.PNG

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And you immediately bought every upgrade available for purchase while ascending.

In less than two hours (no cheats besides the first one before ascending)....

secondgame.PNG

The weird green banners which have replaced Grandmas and Farms and Time Machines and such are because of Business Day mode. It lasts for 24 hours and then goes back to normal. Everything moves much faster after ascending. You can see it running in the upgrades window.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cheater!!!

At least all of my cookies are honest. :P

You can fix your name by just typing Overmind One instead of Overmind One's.

Ohhhhhhh...I just saw what you were saying! It puts the apostrophe in for me, and I was just to thick to see what you were talking about. :) I fixed it. Thanks!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Note how my hand baked cookies make up for more than half of my all-time-baked cookies.

handbakedcookies.png

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I could ascend and get a 312% cookie increase.

Capture.PNG

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Why so many Wrinklers? I usually click destroy them before they even reach the cookie. Each one takes away 5% from CPS.
They act like a piggy bank. They each take 5% from my CPS. I have 10 of them (the max) so together they take 50% of my CPS. But this is not gone, it is stored in the wrinklers. Once I pop them I will get all of that in one go. It will be many times what I have currently in the bank. It's like suddenly moving to a next level. I believe there's a small bonus involved as well, as in you get a bit more than what had been put in or something. I'm not sure though, didn't look it up this time.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't have any wrinklers yet. Does that happen after you ascend?

They only happen during the Grandmacalypse, when you research One Mind. The Grandmatriarchs revolt and granny changes into this on your production list:

granndmaccolypse.PNG

The Grandmacalypse lasts for a while until you can research the Elder Pact which stops the revolt permanently. The wrinklers come for the big cookie and lower cookie production (CPS) by 5% each, but killing them gives you giant amounts of cookies and also achievement points. You just click them a few times to destroy them.

EDIT: Once you research the Elders Pact which stops the Grandmacalypse, the wrinklers stop coming and you stop getting red cookies and the background for the big cookie goes back to normal. But you can revoke the pact, and bring the wrinklers and other stuff back. :) Then you can redo the pact if you want.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm at +15 Legacy but I haven't ascended yet. Not sure I'm ready to as I don't know if it will be worth it. Anyone know?

Yes, its worth it if you can gain at least a few thousand (or million) Heavenly Chips and prestige points. You start out with a multiplier of more than 100% in CPS, so when you start over everything is much faster in terms of accumulating CPS and buildings.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just saved my play to disk, wiped my cookie and have started completely from square 1.

Attachments

• fromscratch.png
    fromscratch.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 30

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
WOW!!! Never has there been a more definitive need for a group of middle aged men to acquire a (healthy) hobby then you guys! :smiley-laughing021:

you should grow a tomato plant or something :shame: