Boardwalk Empire

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm so close to being burned out on this show, that it's crazy-making. I have several weeks' worth of episodes waiting to be watched now, but no inclination to watch them

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I'm so close to being burned out on this show, that it's crazy-making. I have several weeks' worth of episodes waiting to be watched now, but no inclination to watch them

Think of it this way. Three seasons of "yawn" just to get to the last 2 episodes where things actually pick up. Oh, and an occasional shooting scattered throughout every season.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
my advice, wait til the season finishes then watch them all in one go as it will feel alot less tedious and flow much better that way.

OMNI

Think of it this way. Three seasons of "yawn" just to get to the last 2 episodes where things actually pick up. Oh, and an occasional shooting scattered throughout every season.
the classic TV recipy.. should i be pissed that execs treat their audiences like a buch of retards or should i just give up and accept it?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
my advice, wait til the season finishes then watch them all in one go as it will feel alot less tedious and flow much better that way.
Ya, that's probably what's going to happen.

I'm waiting on finishing the series/season of "Fringe" that way. Not because I don't like the show (I love it), but that I want to go out in a final marathon orgasm of Walter.

Bluce Ree

Ya, that's probably what's going to happen.

I'm waiting on finishing the series/season of "Fringe" that way. Not because I don't like the show (I love it), but that I want to go out in a final marathon orgasm of Walter.

You dirty girl.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I think I fell in love with Walter when he not only captured one of those giant flu viruses, but then gave it LSD (of his own making, no less) to see what it would do to it.

Bluce Ree

I think I fell in love with Walter when he not only captured one of those giant flu viruses, but then gave it LSD (of his own making, no less) to see what it would do to it.

I like Geoff Pierson's characters. Loved his character on Dexter always riding Laguerta's ass. :D

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I like Geoff Pierson's characters. Loved his character on Dexter always riding Laguerta's ass. :D
Met him once outside CBS in Studio City. Wasn't impressed with him as a human being, but I have always enjoyed watching his characters.

It's funny how different actors can be when they're not "on" (official public appearances) and in relative "private".

Bluce Ree

Met him once outside CBS in Studio City. Wasn't impressed with him as a human being, but I have always enjoyed watching his characters.

It's funny how different actors can be when they're not "on" (official public appearances) and in relative "private".

Must be nice living the life of a socialite rubbing elbows with the rich and famous! :D

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Must be nice living the life of a socialite rubbing elbows with the rich and famous!
icon_lol.gif
Socialite? Hardly. It's just that, living in L.A., you can't turn a corner without finding yourself face-first with someone "famous". Whether you know who they are or not.

That happened to me recently at the Century City mall, of all places. Actor looking at the new Microsoft Surface RT. I ended up telling him all about why I like mine so much, and recommending a particular setup. On the way out, he shared with me that he was an actor on "The Vampire Diaries". If he hadn't told me, I'd never have known.

I did get a picture of him (with his kind permission, as I always ask, first). I'll have to post it here. :)

Bluce Ree

Socialite? Hardly. It's just that, living in L.A., you can't turn a corner without finding yourself face-first with someone "famous". Whether you know who they are or not.

That happened to me recently at the Century City mall, of all places. Actor looking at the new Microsoft Surface RT. I ended up telling him all about why I like mine so much, and recommending a particular setup. On the way out, he shared with me that he was an actor on "The Vampire Diaries". If he hadn't told me, I'd never have known.

I did get a picture of him (with his kind permission, as I always ask, first). I'll have to post it here. :)

Do many famous people get offended when they're not immediately recognized or do they appreciate and enjoy a certain level of not being trampled sometimes?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Do many famous people get offended when they're not immediately recognized or do they appreciate and enjoy a certain level of not being trampled sometimes?
Actors seem to be really appreciative when you don't gawk or start snapping pictures. They've gotten the whole paparazzi thing for so long, I think I little reticence and politeness on my part is appreciated. I've even been hugged more than once for not being the stereotypical fan asshat. I have seen them tense up a little bit sometimes, though. The tension leaves as soon as they realize I'm not going to be an idiot or confuse them with their on-screen persona.

(Euw, what an idea, but it happens a lot -- just ask John DeLancie about how many times he's been asked if Q would/could beat Trelayne in a fight)

I haven't had them appear to be offended, and in more than one case, when someone is particularly well known (because of rabid fans), when they have been kind enough to allow me to take a picture, I have been quick to assure them that the picture is just for me and that it's not going to end up online or anywhere else, for that matter. Because of this, I've been privy to backroom information on things at times.

If someone tells me something is a secret/private, it stays that way with me.

OMNI

this weeks ep was slow overall untill the end... i wonder how this season turns out overall for Nucky as right now the show only seems to be digging a deeper and deeper hole for itself...

OMNI

this weeks ep was pretty good imo.. next weeks seems to be quite neat too... wonder where this is going tho..

Bluce Ree

this weeks ep was pretty good imo.. next weeks seems to be quite neat too... wonder where this is going tho..

Dude, I loved this last episode. It was NOT Boredom Empire. WHY can't they have this kind of writing caliber in every episode or, at least, most of the season?