25 years since Chernobyl happened

heisenberg

Earl Grey
THE dark legacy of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster continues to mark lives in Ukraine and across the former Soviet Union, 25 years on from the world's worst nuclear accident, Sky News reported today. The explosion and meltdown at Chernobyl, which killed dozens and exposed many more to radiation and cancer, terrified the world. But it has taken time for the horror of what happened a quarter of a century ago to seep through the old Soviet veil of secrecy.
Pripyat was built to house 50,000 of the nuclear power plant's workers and the rusty fairground in the middle of the ghost town stands as a reminder that it was once a place filled with young people and growing families, reaping the benefits of the burgeoning nuclear industry.
Today, not far from the power plant, 10-year-old Valentina Sirik recently returned from a rehabilitation program in Cuba run by the International Chernobyl fund.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...gers-25-years-on/story-e6frfku0-1226045223667

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
My mother was hit by the radioactive rain and the communist government didn't want people from that. The cloud went straight here, to the east of Czech republic.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
My mother was hit by the radioactive rain and the communist government didn't want people from that. The cloud went straight here, to the east of Czech republic.

I remember the denials and denials from the soviets until it hit countries they couldn't control! :P