Whose line is it anyway? Scifi edition.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
A fun game.
The idea is to pick who said the line and from what movie or TV series in the scifi genre, then choose a new line from another movie or TV show. Simple eh?

"Get away from her you bitch"

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I'm gonna guess Star Trek/Star Wars for every one of them in the hopes that I'll eventually get one.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I'm gonna guess Star Trek/Star Wars for every one of them in the hopes that I'll eventually get one.
941610-jumbofacepalm_jpg_jumbo_facepalm_image_by_arem9682_super1.jpg

:D:D:D:D

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
A fun game.
The idea is to pick who said the line and from what movie or TV series in the scifi genre, then choose a new line from another movie or TV show. Simple eh?

"Get away from her you bitch"

That was Ripley from Aliens. :D

"I don't want one position, I want all positions!"

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Ruby Rhod, The Fifth Element :P

"His name's Rimmer, or Smeghead, or Dinosaur Breath or Molecule Mind. And on a special occasion when you wanna be like really mega polite to him, I mean really, really polite, in these exceptional circumstances you can call him... arsehole."
http://www.gatefans.net/forums/?qt0253922

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
River Tam, Firefly

"I'm no stranger to stoner logic"

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Can no one get this, or is it boring?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Can no one get this, or is it boring?

That was Sketchy on Dark Angel.

No, its just that you run out of GOOD ones!

"It's important. It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada" :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Captain Pike to a young Kirk in ST:2009

"All of life can be broken down into moments of transition, or moments or revelation"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Captain Pike to a young Kirk in ST:2009

"All of life can be broken down into moments of transition, or moments or revelation"

G'Kar, Babylon5

This will be hard....:icon_twisted:

" In time you will come to regard me not only with respect and awe, but with love."

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
G'Kar, Babylon5

This will be hard....:icon_twisted:

" In time you will come to regard me not only with respect and awe, but with love."

Colossus-Guardian (the two by that point were merged) in "The Forbin Project".

how about...

"Where there is fire there is smoke"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Colossus-Guardian (the two by that point were merged) in "The Forbin Project".

how about...

"Where there is fire there is smoke"

OMG! You got it...I thought I was being so obscure. :) Yours, however...its been said by so many, and yes I notice you said where there is fire there is smoke and not where there is smoke there's fire. Is this only in a scifi idiom?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Good point. I'll add some more word to it:

"Where there is fire there is smoke. And in that smoke from this day forward my people will crouch and conspire and plot and plan"

Be careful tho, there is now more than enough text to Google this up.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Nobody yet? Come on, you can do it!!!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Still no takers?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well, I really thought Overmind One would get this!

It is from Roddy McDowell's speech as Caesar at the end of Conquest of the Planet of the Apes...

Where there is fire, there is smoke. And in that smoke, from this day forward, my people will crouch, and conspire, and plot, and plan for the inevitable day of Man's downfall. The day when he finally and self-destructively turns his weapons against his own kind. The day of the writing in the sky, when your cities lie buried under radioactive rubble! When the sea is a dead sea, and the land is a wasteland out of which I will lead my people from their captivity! And we shall build our own cities, in which there will be no place for humans except to serve our ends! And we shall found our own armies, our own religion, our own dynasty! And that day is upon you NOW!

And after Lisa (Caesar's mate) says "no" to him - first time an Ape other than Caesar speaks - he continues...

But now... now we will put away our hatred. Now we will put down our weapons. We have passed through the night of the fires, and those who were our masters are now our servants. And we, who are not human, can afford to be humane. Destiny is the will of God, and if it is Man’s destiny to be dominated, it is God’s will that he be dominated with compassion, and understanding. So, cast out your vengeance. Tonight, we have seen the birth of the Planet of the Apes!

Fantastic work by Roddy McDowell.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

It is from Roddy McDowell's speech as Caesar at the end of Conquest of the Planet of the Apes...

Where there is fire, there is smoke. And in that smoke, from this day forward, my people will crouch, and conspire, and plot, and plan for the inevitable day of Man's downfall. The day when he finally and self-destructively turns his weapons against his own kind. The day of the writing in the sky, when your cities lie buried under radioactive rubble! When the sea is a dead sea, and the land is a wasteland out of which I will lead my people from their captivity! And we shall build our own cities, in which there will be no place for humans except to serve our ends! And we shall found our own armies, our own religion, our own dynasty! And that day is upon you NOW!

And after Lisa (Caesar's mate) says "no" to him - first time an Ape other than Caesar speaks - he continues...

But now... now we will put away our hatred. Now we will put down our weapons. We have passed through the night of the fires, and those who were our masters are now our servants. And we, who are not human, can afford to be humane. Destiny is the will of God, and if it is Man’s destiny to be dominated, it is God’s will that he be dominated with compassion, and understanding. So, cast out your vengeance. Tonight, we have seen the birth of the Planet of the Apes!

Nooooo! I should have gotten this one! Those ape movies are some of my favorites. I have the entire collection. :) Okay, try this one (from a classic):

"We deeply regretted we could not save the life of the man who had saved ours. A man who dedicated himself to ending strife among men."

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Speaking of which, people owe it to themselves to watch this series of movies. The ORIGINALS, not the series which came after, and not the non-canon Tim Burton version.