The Walking Drama season 3

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
A .22 caliber has something closer to a "pop" but going up the scale a 9mm gives off way more of a concussive, loud blast and a .40 caliber is a room-shaking BOOM! But when Andrea shoots herself with Rick's huge revolver we only hear a little "cough" and that's it. :rolleyes:

And don't even get me going on the fake, CGI visuals that fill in for gunshots on that show. It's painfully obvious they're not even using blanks in the guns, they're just dummy props. :rolleyes:

Don't you miss good TV?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
just another example of hollywood's irresponsible use of firearms..i ve said it before, so many of our shows and movies have ppl swinging the things and pointing them in all directions except in a safe one. This 'depiction' of her blasting her head off is just another way of making them (guns) seem to be something they are not

in part, these displays effect some ppl in the wrong way, creating false expectations of the weapon---i'll leave it at that

They probably felt that the pop was a more "gentle" death for her. :rolleye0014:. With a 9MM, there should have been a BOOM/splat, then the sound of the revolver and her body hitting the floor.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They probably felt that the pop was a more "gentle" death for her. :rolleye0014:. With a 9MM, there should have been a BOOM/splat, then the sound of the revolver and her body hitting the floor.

The scene was just more cynically written crap because they expect us viewers to be too stupid to know how a real gun shot sounds. :rolleyes:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The scene was just more cynically written crap because they expect us viewers to be too stupid to know how a real gun shot sounds. :rolleyes:

Sadly, most of the audience IS too stupid to know such things.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They should either had Michonne do her with the sword or had Rick give her something like an M1911 and show her putting THAT against her head and firing.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
They should either had Michonne do her with the sword or had Rick give her something like an M1911 and show her putting THAT against her head and firing.
Messy............

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

:rotflmao:
--- merged: Apr 5, 2013 at 5:12 PM ---
.....what if I want em to suffer for all the suffering that I had to endure watching this crap?

Right ON to that bro! Taffy pulling machine perhaps? Maybe a bush shredding machine?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
But it would have at least been somewhat satisfying to have Andrea put that good old Colt 45 M1911 under her chin, pull the trigger and have the viewer see her head disappear in a pink/red haze in glorious slow motion!

Bluce Ree

But it would have at least been somewhat satisfying to have Andrea put that good old Colt 45 M1911 under her chin, pull the trigger and have the viewer see her head disappear in a pink/red haze in glorious slow motion!

I think they should have gone Tasha Yar with her and given her a useless death. For example, while she's running and yelling "watch out!" to Rick and his group, she slips, falls and a truck accidentally runs over her head.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I think they should have gone Tasha Yar with her and given her a useless death. For example, while she's running and yelling "watch out!" to Rick and his group, she slips, falls and a truck accidentally runs over her head.

Now that would have been hilarious! Something totally non-zombie related, like have her get a stale gumball out of a machine in some cute Woodbury store and then suddenly choke on it. :anim_59:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I kind of pictured her pulling the trigger and showing her head slowly disintegrating with Handel's chorus playing in the background...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I kind of pictured her pulling the trigger and showing her head slowly disintegrating with Handel's chorus playing in the background...

On a serious note I wonder why they didn't show her blowing her brains out? After all, they show zombies being shot in the head numerous times on each episode. They also show hacking with knifes and machetes, etc. And they show humans being killed all the time, so why did Andrea get special treatment? Did they actually think it was a more dramatic way to show her "heroic" death cuz it wasn't. It simply lead to this point where we're now thinking of ways that we would have liked to have seen her go. Such bad writing on their part.

Bluce Ree

I have a feeling this show's numbers will experience a sudden drop if they don't swap out the current showrunners and bring in some quality.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They have had different showrunners each season. And they're having a new one next season too.

Bluce Ree

So far, nothing even remotely holds a candle to Darabont's first season.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I have a feeling this show's numbers will experience a sudden drop if they don't swap out the current showrunners and bring in some quality.

hopefully they will go backwards with flashbacks or something--i would still like to see how the whole mess got started. they were doing that a bit in S1 and then stopped.

Bluce Ree

hopefully they will go backwards with flashbacks or something--i would still like to see how the whole mess got started. they were doing that a bit in S1 and then stopped.

To me, the show was cancelled after S1 and replaced with the current iterations of a toilet symphony that are S2 and S3. I wish they'd bring back the show they started in S1.