THE EXPANSE --it's premise, plot and socio-political implications

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Great episode tonight!

Errinwright and Mao are in custody - all the hybrids are destroyed and the "ring machine" has launched from Venus. We are at the end of Caliban's War and starting Abbadon's Gate

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So if I understand the books correctly the next steps should be:

Naomi briefly tries to return to the OPA, Avarsarala becomes the Secretary General, the peace is signed where Ceres comes under OPA governance, Bobbie Draper's record is cleared and she is decorated by the MCRN but winds up on medical leave for PTSD, Mao and Errinwright go to prison and of course....the Ring is built

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Promotional pictures show Draper in her MMC dress uniform - interesting.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It was another good ep. They all are really. There is no confirmation though that there are no more things which you mentioned in the first spoiler though, at least in the tv show so far.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Not sure what you mean Ba’al.

The episode showed Mao and Errinwright being caught and the big protomolecule machine taking off from Venus and the destruction of the hybrids

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Not sure what you mean Ba’al.

The episode showed Mao and Errinwright being caught and the big protomolecule machine taking off from Venus and the destruction of the hybrids
What I mean is...

The fact that we saw a nuclear explosion in space from a distance does not mean that all of the hybrids have been destroyed.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Oh. Got it.

OM have you watched it yet? We are speaking in spoilers for your benefit.

My thinking is that Io is taken and the facilities destroyed as is the lab on Ganymede. Fred Thomas launched the nukes to intercept the hybrids going to Mars and Cotyar nuked the UNN Agatha King. I think they got it all because remember only kids with a very specific medical condition can be used as hybrids

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, who here is a fan of The Expanse to the extent that they would like to avoid spoilers at all costs? And how long should people get the time to watch it before others could talk about it openly, like 48 hours?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh. Got it.

OM have you watched it yet? We are speaking in spoilers for your benefit.

My thinking is that Io is taken and the facilities destroyed as is the lab on Ganymede. Fred Thomas launched the nukes to intercept the hybrids going to Mars and Cotyar nuked the UNN Agatha King. I think they got it all because remember only kids with a very specific medical condition can be used as hybrids

No, just got home from my first full week at new job. :) I will watch it tonight.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Have not seen it yet ... Am away from home right now ...
Thanks for using spoiler alerts ...
Congrats on the new Job OM1
;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
OM are we clear to lift spoilers?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Sounds like Alcon is talking to Amazon Studios about them taking on The Expanse:

https://www.geekwire.com/2018/amazon-studios-reportedly-talks-reviving-expanse-syfy-cancellation/

https://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-reportedly-in-talks-to-save-the-expanse/

Amazon would actually be the perfect landing place for it. One has to remember the reason SyFy bailed finally was not lack of total viewership it was that the vast majority of the viewers were watching via Amazon and Netflix (Amazon in the US Netflix overseas), and for whatever reason SyFy had no cut of those revenues.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OM are we clear to lift spoilers?

I am always okay with spoilers. :) Knowing in advance what happens in this show is always going to be no surprise for me because I have already read the books.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So did you ever watch the episode OM?

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
My stomach turns when I think that shows like the rotting dead gets a constant million apon millions of viewers but a show like The Expanse, which is beyond outstanding in everyway gets eaten up by a big fat cancellation bear and shit out its arse . I am so confused ... :confused0006: