The beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I have been suffering with a miserable cold since last monday. It finally reached the "I can't think point" on tuesday and I spent 2 days in bed. Now I am feeling a bit better but still have a deep cough and tons of phlegm...so am I at the beginning of the end of my cold or the end of the beginning? Already saw my dr and got an Rx for cough medicine but that isn't touching it! :P this is the worst cold since I had my sinus surgery 2+ years ago! and what really stinks is it has been cold and wet outside so going anywhere is 3x more miserable! :P

Okay enough whining! I hope I didn't pass my cold along to any of you! (I swear I got it from a gal who lives in UTAH-- she sent me her son's wedding announcement and then emailed me she was sick :P do germs survive the USPS?)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
#1. I always knew you would be the first one to turn into a zombie. #2. Take Vitamin D -- lots of it! #3. Whiskey is your friend -- lots of it!

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Wow, I just got sick Wednesday, still just have a sorta cough right now but the sniffles are gone. Think something's going around.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
#1. I always knew you would be the first one to turn into a zombie. #2. Take Vitamin D -- lots of it! #3. Whiskey is your friend -- lots of it!

Well shaved if I turn into a zombie...I'm going looking for YOU first! :icon_twisted: Taking my meds and loads of nyquil...I don't drink whiskey! :P

Wow, I just got sick Wednesday, still just have a sorta cough right now but the sniffles are gone. Think something's going around.

My doctor said that it's been pretty bad around here. only snookie is healthy at my house- she's been our errand girl for the past week...she buys a great milkshake! :P but now she is saying she has a "tickle in her throat"...methinks she is going down next week! :P At least I'll be fine by then! :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well shaved if I turn into a zombie...I'm going looking for YOU first! :icon_twisted: Taking my meds and loads of nyquil...I don't drink whiskey! :P

My doctor said that it's been pretty bad around here. only snookie is healthy at my house- she's been our errand girl for the past week...she buys a great milkshake! :P but now she is saying she has a "tickle in her throat"...methinks she is going down next week! :P At least I'll be fine by then! :P

Drop all milk products whilst sick, drink mostly WATER, and this you will like...take a HOT steaming bath and stay in it for as long as you like, keeping the water as hot as you can stand it. Let the sleep urge take over and sleep when your body wants to. Have plenty of protein (body needs it to create more white blood cells). I havent had a cold in more than 5 years. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Drop all milk products whilst sick, drink mostly WATER, and this you will like...take a HOT steaming bath and stay in it for as long as you like, keeping the water as hot as you can stand it. Let the sleep urge take over and sleep when your body wants to. Have plenty of protein (body needs it to create more white blood cells). I havent had a cold in more than 5 years. :)

you peeked! :eek: the baths have been wonderful! when we built the house we got a HUGE "garden" tub for the master bathroom...I can lie there and soak for ages! I know about the milk products but when the throat is sore a milkshake slides down easily! :P Other than that I have stuck to the almond milk (yes you have converted me! ;)) Haven't really been doing much...sleeping and staring at the tv screen. hubby and I have watched several movies! this is the absolute worst one I have had in at least 3 years...having perpetually closed sinuses caused tons of infections/inflammations! the rebuilt the inside of my nose about 2+ years ago and the difference has been incredible...i still have my allergies but no more frequent sinus infections.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
you peeked! :eek: the baths have been wonderful! when we built the house we got a HUGE "garden" tub for the master bathroom...I can lie there and soak for ages! I know about the milk products but when the throat is sore a milkshake slides down easily! :P Other than that I have stuck to the almond milk (yes you have converted me! ;)) Haven't really been doing much...sleeping and staring at the tv screen. hubby and I have watched several movies! this is the absolute worst one I have had in at least 3 years...having perpetually closed sinuses caused tons of infections/inflammations! the rebuilt the inside of my nose about 2+ years ago and the difference has been incredible...i still have my allergies but no more frequent sinus infections.

Its just that the milk will greatly increase phlegm production and aggravates congestion. :) Also, avoid the temptation to drink pre-made orange juice. Have the orange, whole and not just the juice. You can even twist the peels and drop them in water for an extra dose of ascorbic acid.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
well finally on the upside....but I dread all of the paperwork I am now behind in. it seems whenever I sit to do it I start dozing off! :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
well finally on the upside....but I dread all of the paperwork I am now behind in. it seems whenever I sit to do it I start dozing off! :P

Helpful hint: Drink the whiskey after you're finished with the paperwork. ;)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Helpful hint: Drink the whiskey after you're finished with the paperwork. ;)
It (nyquil not whiskey) helps with the cough! :P Just still very tired though! :(

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Take Vitamin D -- lots of it. I'm not kidding.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Take Vitamin D -- lots of it. I'm not kidding.

I 1000% agree. Actually OVERDOSE on it (not kidding either). Take like....6 - 10 of them at once. Also, take about 2000mg of Vitamin C for three days straight. That will turn your urine very orange, but is worth it. Lastly, drink at least 3-5 liters of water each day for the duration.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
my sense of smell is back...thanks to some very aromatic roadkill (it was a skunk)...indy has fat "wild" animals due to all of the cornfields- so tons of roadkill! :P but my nose is clear now. :) looking for the good!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
my sense of smell is back...thanks to some very aromatic roadkill (it was a skunk)...indy has fat "wild" animals due to all of the cornfields- so tons of roadkill! :P but my nose is clear now. :) looking for the good!

You ain't supposed to cook up the roadkill Darling!! :eek: :D :P

(goes back to BBQing Kangaroo)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
You ain't supposed to cook up the roadkill Darling!! :eek: :D :P

(goes back to BBQing Kangaroo)

it don't smell if you cook it according to granny! :P and where did you get that joey? :P