The Atlantis movie was NEVER going to be made, so how could a "hold" have been put on it?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Im noticing that the lame comments made by Joseph Mallozzi about the Atlantis movie being put on hold because of the cancellation of Stargate Universe are propagating on the same shill sites who were pumping the show when it was gasping deeply by season 2:

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/12/30/stargate-universe-cancellation-puts-kibosh-on-atlantis-film/

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/w0009284.html

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/stargate-atlantis-movie-shelved-indefinitely_1192085

http://shavarross.com/2010/12/31/stargate-atlantis-movie-shelved-after-sgu-cancellation/

http://www.pr-inside.com/stargate-atlantis-movie-shelved-indefinitely-r2328547.htm

http://wonderwall.msn.com/entertainment/stargate-atlantis-movie-shelved-indefinitely-1589587.story

http://www.fusedfilm.com/2011/01/st...on-kills-stargate-atlantis-movie-possibility/

http://www.bscreview.com/2011/01/stargate-universe-ax-puts-stargate-atlantis-on-hold/

The last one actually included this picture:

StargateAtlantis.jpg

JUST LOL! :rotflmao:

No, Joe...we can see what you are doing and why you are doing it. There was never going to be an Atlantis movie made, and you already knew that. You only announced it when SGU was cancelled because you feel that Atlantis fans "punished" you and Brad by rejecting your soap opera and you want to punish us back. Its not working :)

Why isnt it working? Because we know the following:

The SGC Control Room which used to be in Stage 5 of Bridge Studios was dismantled for the Icarus Base set used in Air Pt 1, and that stargate was the one used in SG-1. So, SGC was sacrificed for SGU.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...stage-5-from-stargate-command-to-icarus-base/

Im investigating now, but the Atlantis sets on Stage 6...are they still up? NO. Bridge maintains availability for the stages here:

http://www.bridgestudios.com/stage5and6.html

The actors in SGA say they were never approached about any Atlantis movie, and no effort has been put into it since the creation of SGU. Atlantis was never mentioned in SGU, and its as though the showrunners wanted to spiritually jump from SG-1 to SGU and act like Atlantis never existed. It sure turned out differently, didnt it? Stargate Universe will NEVER be considered Stargate canon by real fans. Any attempt to prop up the dead corpse of SGU and make it dance will fail.

So, if the Atlantis sets on Stage 6 were torn down, HOW was an Atlantis movie going to get made? Is Stage 6 where the new hydroponics and Bridge set were built? Nobody at Bridge will tell me or my contact at the moment, but I will find out and print the answers here.

The point is:

THE ATLANTIS MOVIE WAS NEVER GOING TO GET MADE.

Once Brad had decided that Stargate Universe was going to be green-lighted, he gave the order to have those sets demolished...that was way back in 2008.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/2008/10/fx-stage-to-become-home-to-sgu/

Capture99.PNG

This spreading of bile against the never-going-to-be-made Atlantis movie is pathetically transparent, Mr Mallozzi. Comical, even.

:rotflmao:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Why should we be surprised?

Yes, it is very apparent that they never planned to make any SGA movies. It was all about getting fans of SG1 and SGA to watch that piece of shit loosely labeled "Stargate" Universe.

The only thing that was "Stargate" was the Gate shown during the opening credits.

When you don't actually use the goddamn thing, it's not Stargate.

Stargate Relyks

GateFans Noob
Sets can be rebuilt. Now granted that is probably a little overly optimistic, but still...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Of course they can!

Sets can be rebuilt. Now granted that is probably a little overly optimistic, but still...

Yes, that is absolutely true! But the point I was trying to make was that Mallozzi and Wright already knew that THEY would not be producing any Atlantis movie, or Stage 6 would not have been used for SGU season 2 (which was planned in season 1) after getting approval for season 2. So, there was never going to be an Atlantis movie because to do that would STILL require set space at Bridge to REBUILD the sets they tore down in 2008. Not making sense for any "planned Atlantis movie".

But Joe wants us to think that there was going to be an Atlantis movie, and now its shitcanned because Stargate Universe got flushed. Just LOL! I want him to know that we see right through it. Its nothing but a snippy bitch-rant not based in anything but humiliation and spite. Poor Joe. :mallozzicry::jmm::mallozzicry:

:rotflmao:

AtlantisOrka

GateFans Noob
Not only the sets being torn down but they have been and i believe are continuing to auction of props,costumes and set pieces of Atlantis. That gives even more reason and another point that the movie wouldn't be made. If they torn down the sets and was going to build them for the movie at a later date then why would they sell all the props and stuff.

Joe....your full of shit and you have royally screwed up.Why after 15 years of fans supporting and watching SG-1 and SGA you've started to lie to the fans and ruin something that was great,trying to turn Stargate into something it simply isn't.

Way to **** up and thanks for nothing.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Not only the sets being torn down but they have been and i believe are continuing to auction of props,costumes and set pieces of Atlantis. That gives even more reason and another point that the movie wouldn't be made. If they torn down the sets and was going to build them for the movie at a later date then why would they sell all the props and stuff.

Joe....your full of shit and you have royally screwed up.Why after 15 years of fans supporting and watching SG-1 and SGA you've started to lie to the fans and ruin something that was great,trying to turn Stargate into something it simply isn't.

Way to **** and thanks for nothing.
Y'all mean...like this?

http://entertainment-memorabilia.sh...lantis&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Or dedicated prop selling websites like this one:

http://stargateartifacts.com/

Yeah. Right. They were going to make a movie, alright!

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob
Oh but it's too much money to keep paying for storage, to keep props and costumes and sets and whatnot....*coughBULLSHITcough*

That was one thing that other fans were spewing.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Something else I found out...

EXACTLY stuff like that. :)

That office where Mallozzi is...this one:

img_8134.jpg

That office is located on the second floor of Bridge Studios Main Street Offices building on the Bridge Studios lot. Stargate Productions currently occupies Stage 4, 5 and 6. Stage 6 used to hold the Atlantis sets (control room, gateroom, Weir/Woolsey's office). Stage 4 used to hold the sets for Daedalus, the Wraith ship interiors and other odd stuff. Stage 5 used to have the SGC control room and the SG-1 gate. But it was destroyed for the Icarus set in Air Pt 1 and the gate we see on Icarus is the old SG-1 gate. That explains why no earth gate is shown in SGU. THERE IS NO SGC SET.

I am currently trying to find out which stage the Destiny bridge and hydroponics bay were built in. I believe it was Stage 6, because the others are not available. All of this proves that there was never going to be an Atlantis movie. So Joseph Mallozzi telling fans that the cancellation of SGU caused the Atlantis movie to be on hold is

PURE BULLSHIT. :mallozzicry::bradcry::robertcooper:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Are you able to post this info on other sites?

EXACTLY stuff like that. :)

That office where Mallozzi is...this one:

View attachment 2828

That office is located on the second floor of Bridge Studios Main Street Offices building on the Bridge Studios lot. Stargate Productions currently occupies Stage 4, 5 and 6. Stage 6 used to hold the Atlantis sets (control room, gateroom, Weir/Woolsey's office). Stage 4 used to hold the sets for Daedalus, the Wraith ship interiors and other odd stuff. Stage 5 used to have the SGC control room and the SG-1 gate. But it was destroyed for the Icarus set in Air Pt 1 and the gate we see on Icarus is the old SG-1 gate. That explains why no earth gate is shown in SGU. THERE IS NO SGC SET.

I am currently trying to find out which stage the Destiny bridge and hydroponics bay were built in. I believe it was Stage 6, because the others are not available. All of this proves that there was never going to be an Atlantis movie. So Joseph Mallozzi telling fans that the cancellation of SGU caused the Atlantis movie to be on hold is

PURE BULLSHIT. :mallozzicry::bradcry::robertcooper:

This is the kind of stuff that needs to be put out there so the truth is known. I know Mallozzi wouldn't answer these charges on his blog but perhaps this should be explained on some other blogs/forums?--And to be honest I don't care what sort of back peddling explanation that shit stain Mallozzi would try to spin if ever confronted with this evidence. I'd much rather that the average Stargate fan was notified about this though.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes, actually...I need time to mobilize them.

This is the kind of stuff that needs to be put out there so the truth is known. I know Mallozzi wouldn't answer these charges on his blog but perhaps this should be explained on some other blogs/forums?--And to be honest I don't care what sort of back peddling explanation that shit stain Mallozzi would try to spin if ever confronted with this evidence. I'd much rather that the average Stargate fan was notified about this though.

The facts are out there, but without being told where to look, they remain obscured. The links in the OP still work, but the trick was making a call to somebody I know up there. But this person does not work at Bridge, but they are on that facility regularly. I think that perhaps a knowledgable lurker who has inside information may confirm much of what I said here.

I found this at Syfy which basically makes the same observation:

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2352747

22.PNG

From what I heard, Mallozzi had to be told that the sets were being torn down, because nobody told him! But Brad knew...just like he issued the destruction order for the Atlantis sets. Mallozzi shouldnt even be talking about things Stargate because he is left out of the loop by Brad.

So, why is this ridiculous story about the "planned Atlantis movie is now on hold" going around? Look at the sites publishing that story...they are the same sites who were shilling for SGU when it was failing in the ratings, calling it "intelligent sci-fi" and giving it over the top praise. Its EVIL...pre-meditated. INTENTIONALLY incendiary...to "get back" at the fans. :facepalm:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
MORE....

The Vancouver Sun published a blurb on this page on October 2, 2008:

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/business/story.html?id=abec6209-6c7b-42e1-be65-2ea36946819d

Excerpt:

BRIDGE CONTRACT: Heavy machines are smashing the Stargate Atlantis TV series' set in Bridge Studios' 40,000-square-foot effects stage. That's the largest of eight movie-shooting facilities in almost constant use on the six-hectare complex at Boundary-off-Second Avenue, Burnaby. The studio's website claims it's the largest in North America.

But Bridge Studios general manager Ron Hryniuk -- say Her-nik -- isn't sorry to say goodbye to a show that produced some 100 episodes on six of his sound stages, as well as twice that number for the predecessor Stargate SG-1 series. That's because the SCI FI Channel and MGM Television recently announced the launch of a new "science faction" series called Stargate Universe.
"Its great news. Fantastic," Hryniuk said of a show that will premiere as a two-hour movie on SCI FI and become a weekly one-hour series next summer.

In a press release Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis co-creators Brad Wright and Robert Cooper said Stargate Universe "will break new ground in relationships between mostly young and desperate explorers, thrust together and far from home."
We see how that turned out (in bold). But the main thing to remember is that the Atlantis sets WERE torn down to make room for Stargate Universe, and when they were torn down, that already sealed the fate of any future Atlantis movie. The movie was never going to be made in the first place, which means that all of the comments teasing its development were LIES.

Now, he wants us to be angry at ourselves because we refused to love his teen soap which just got axed? Nope, not this fan. I know he never intended to produce the Atlantis movie now. It wasnt ever going to happen.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
It's just sickening how they've tried to play us, and even worse that some fans are believing them.

Perhaps they are too afraid to do some simple research and see for themselves. The second site I posted on my previous post has a listing of eBay auctions dating back several months. Looking at that list, it is quite easy to see that props have been sold off for quite a long time now.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
The Vancouver Sun published a blurb on this page on October 2, 2008:

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/business/story.html?id=abec6209-6c7b-42e1-be65-2ea36946819d

Excerpt:

We see how that turned out (in bold). But the main thing to remember is that the Atlantis sets WERE torn down to make room for Stargate Universe, and when they were torn down, that already sealed the fate of any future Atlantis movie. The movie was never going to be made in the first place, which means that all of the comments teasing its development were LIES.

Now, he wants is to be angry at ourselves because we refused to love his teen soap which just got axed? Nope, not this fan. I know he never intended to produce the Atlantis movie now. It wasnt ever going to happen.
Considering they were using "heavy machinery", it's obvious nothing was being tucked away for future use. This was wholesale destruction.

Well, Joseph "Loretta" Mallozzi and your fellow goons, we caught you in your lie. You lied to the fans and you thought that we were stupid enough to believe you. Perhaps you thought you were dealing with a bunch of stupid gullible ********, but you know what? You weren't.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The facts are out there, but without being told where to look, they remain obcured. The links in the OP still work, but the trick was making a call to somebody I know up there. But this person does not work at Bridge, but they are on that facility regularly. I think that perhaps a knowledgable lurker who has inside information may confirm much of what I said here.

I found this at Syfy which basically makes the same observation:

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2352747

View attachment 2829

From what I heard, Mallozzi had to be told that the sets were being torn down, because nobody told him! But Brad knew...just like he issued the destruction order for the Atlantis sets. Mallozzi shouldnt even be talking about things Stargate because he is left out of the loop by Brad.

So, why is this ridiculous story about the "planned Atlantis movie is now on hold" going around? Look at the sites publishing that story...they are the same sites who were shilling for SGU when it was failing in the ratings, calling it "intelligent sci-fi" and giving it over the top praise. Its EVIL...pre-meditated. INTENTIONALLY incendiary...to "get back" at the fans. :facepalm:

It may be premeditated and intentionally incendiary but it's also incredibly transparent and stupid. Such machinations are always doomed to failure.

Couple things about Mallozzi, for someone who claims to not have known that the SGA sets were being torn down he certainly seems to have his ear to the ground regarding EVERY SINGLE other thing that goes on at Bridge Studios. His claim to not know about sets being torn down is a lie, but let's pretend that it wasn't and that BW didn't cue him in on what was happening, well then, how is it that a guy who has his office on the second floor of this place and seems to know everything that goes on there "conveniently" didn't know that the sets for a show he wrote for were being torn down? He's magically spot on with all the comings and goings at Bridge Studios for every single thing Stargate with the single exception of the SGA sets being destroyed? He's the guy slated to have his script filmed for the SGA movie but he conveniently doesn't know the sets needed to film that script are now sawdust? Hmm...

And if the movie was being worked on in any way shape or form they would have had the sets and the stage time for those sets blocked out on the schedule, even tentatively. Producers don't talk about things next week, they talk in terms of years especially with a product like Stargate. They wouldn't trash sets and props that they knew they would need if the production was scheduled, even tentatively. That wouldn't make economic sense at all. Nope, it was nothing but a planned lie from the moment they conceived of SGU.

More proof that shit stain Mallozzi is a lying ************* because when he "finds out" that the SGA sets were destroyed he continued to use the SGA movie as a dog treat to tease us with. What an obvious turd. Calling him a sack of cat shit would be an insult to cats, shit and sacks.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
When there is the chance that a show or movie is going to be revisited, the props are very carefully archived and stored away. It's far more cost effective.

I'm curious as to who has the set book (the book of pictures of the sets so that they may be rebuilt and properly reassembled). Did someone carelessly throw it into a box somewhere? Or did it make it into a dumpster?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I referred to a place with listings of their previous auctions of Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis props, etc. in a previous post. Well, here's a link to the direct page:

http://archive.propworx.com/g:stargate

Now, with all the shit that was offered for sale, how are they going to get stuff back? Even if the studio goes back to PropWorx and asks for it, will they be able to get the stuff back from those who have bought it? That is, if those who bought it haven't already sold it to someone else?

A listing for Ronon Dex's gun came with the following information:

Taken by Propworx staff directly from The Bridge Studios, where MGM’s Stargate series were produced.

Pretty damning, I think.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
EXACTLY! He has been lying all this time!

It may be premeditated and intentionally incendiary but it's also incredibly transparent and stupid. Such machinations are always doomed to failure.

Couple things about Mallozzi, for someone who claims to not have known that the SGA sets were being torn down he certainly seems to have his ear to the ground regarding EVERY SINGLE other thing that goes on at Bridge Studios. His claim to not know about sets being torn down is a lie, but let's pretend that it wasn't and that BW didn't cue him in on what was happening, well then, how is it that a guy who has his office on the second floor of this place and seems to know everything that goes on there "conveniently" didn't know that the sets for a show he wrote for were being torn down? He's magically spot on with all the comings and goings at Bridge Studios for every single thing Stargate with the single exception of the SGA sets being destroyed? He's the guy slated to have his script filmed for the SGA movie but he conveniently doesn't know the sets needed to film that script are now sawdust? Hmm...

Great point...its not like he wouldnt have his teeth rattled with all the noise going on. The Atlantis movie script was allegedly finished in September of 2008, one month before Brad decided to give the order to demolish the Atlantis sets:

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/2008/09/exclusive-qa-with-joe-mallozzi/

Excerpt:

7. Do you know yet which of the standing sets will need to be dismantled to make room for Universe, or will the studio space expand? For now, we’ll be holding onto Stage 5 (our SG-1 standing set) and Stage 6 (our Atlantis standing set). We’ll probably move the Daedalus and hive sets over to a smaller stage and end the village’s glorious run.

8. Can you shed some light on what’s holding up a second round of SG-1 movies? It’s been over 18 months since the first two were filmed!
Hey, you’re guess is as good as mine. I’m surprised we didn’t shoot any this year.

9. When do you think you’ll have more firm information you can share about the first Atlantis movie?
Possibly in the coming weeks.

10. How likely are crossovers from SG-1 in the first SGA movie?
It’s very possible that we’ll have, at the very least, limited crossover. Given the story we’ve been spinning, it would make sense to see Carter, Daniel, and Teal’c pay Atlantis a visit.

11. With Brad Wright and Rob Cooper busy with Universe, might they turn over the reins of the next SG-1 movie(s) to you and Paul as well? Would you say “yes” to that?
Of course we’d say yes. Paul and I had a great time writing for SG-1. That said, it’s very unlikely we’ll be involved in the SG-1 movie as we’ll be too busy working on the SGA feature.
So, that narrows the decision not to make the Atlantis to between September and October of 2008.

And if the movie was being worked on in any way shape or form they would have had the sets and the stage time for those sets blocked out on the schedule, even tentatively. Producers don't talk about things next week, they talk in terms of years especially with a product like Stargate. They wouldn't trash sets and props that they knew they would need even if the production was scheduled, even tentatively. That wouldn't make economic sense at all. Nope, it was nothing but a planned lie from the moment they conceived of SGU.
Precisely. So, given all this incontrovertible proof, you can look back to the period of time between the cancellation of Atlantis in 2008 to the premiere of Stargate Universe in October of 2009 and know that the decision not to make the Atlantis movie was already old news to the showrunners. So the dangling of the carrot was INTENTIONAL, with full knowledge that it was all bullshit from the get go. :facepalm:

More proof that Mallozzi is a lying ************* because when he "finds out" that the SGA sets were destroyed he continued to use the SGA movie as a dog treat to tease us with. What an obvious turd. Calling him a sack of cat shit would be an insult to cats, shit and sacks.
In hindsight, its extremely disgusting to put all the lies and claims in perspective. He has been openly LYING to the fans.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is truly disgusting.

It's just sickening how they've tried to play us, and even worse that some fans are believing them.

Perhaps they are too afraid to do some simple research and see for themselves. The second site I posted on my previous post has a listing of eBay auctions dating back several months. Looking at that list, it is quite easy to see that props have been sold off for quite a long time now.

Those few trolls who might come here will see this thread or be referred to it. The events and the timeline expose this deception VERY clearly. And because it does, one can look back on Mallozzi's blog, on other sites, and see his dangling of the Atlantis movie (which was never going to be made) as a carrot to make Stargate fans watch SGU. Lately, before SGU got cancelled, he was implying that the movie might not be made if SGU didnt do well...it was NEVER going to be made!

Considering they were using "heavy machinery", it's obvious nothing was being tucked away for future use. This was wholesale destruction.

Well, Joseph "Loretta" Mallozzi and your fellow goons, we caught you in your lie. You lied to the fans and you thought that we were stupid enough to believe you. Perhaps you thought you were dealing with a bunch of stupid gullible ********, but you know what? You weren't.

Hear hear...its out. But you know what? SGU has 10 episodes yet to air, and we get to see this turd wiped up GOOD. I think the ratings will drop like a stone even further than before. Unless Syfy changes its plans, SGU will continue to air on Tuesdays at 9:00pm against V :icon_twisted:. We get to still see justice being served.

I referred to a place with listings of their previous auctions of Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis props, etc. in a previous post. Well, here's a link to the direct page:

http://archive.propworx.com/g:stargate

Now, with all the shit that was offered for sale, how are they going to get stuff back? Even if the studio goes back to PropWorx and asks for it, will they be able to get the stuff back from those who have bought it? That is, if those who bought it haven't already sold it to someone else?

A listing for Ronon Dex's gun came with the following information:

Taken by Propworx staff directly from The Bridge Studios, where MGM’s Stargate series were produced.

Pretty damning, I think.

Its open shut. Not just a smoking gun, its the gun itself!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
If someone like me can find this information online, then anyone can find it.

It's all right there, if you enter in the keywords "stargate atlantis prop for sale" (without the quotation marks).

More sites than just PropWorx are offering them to the general public.

Meh.

And another site, in England, selling things such as the face hugger thing that grabbed Jack just before he met the Asgard for the first time and a Goa'uld hand device (amongst other items)...

http://www.propstore.com/products.htm?keyword=stargate

and from SGA

http://www.propstore.com/products.htm?keyword=stargate%20atlantis

Insomnium

GateFans Cadet
Besides..

Lying or not, how do we know he wouldn't go out and try to "fix" SGA the way he "fixed" SGU? He and Brad already made it clear how much they are sick of SG1 & SGA, so why would I trust them to make another movie for those shows?