"Spock" is gay!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Zachary Quinto is a gay man, 'Star Trek' actor reveals in new interview -- The actor opened up about his sexual orientation for the first time in a new interview with New York Magazine, confirming he is "a gay man" while discussing his role as a gay character in the off-Broadway production of "Angels in America."

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2...star_trek_actor_reveals_in_new_interview.html

Not the most shocking of news, especially when you consider how gay that sweater is he's wearing. :D

spock2.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
not surprised in the slightest as to me he has that vibe..

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2...star_trek_actor_reveals_in_new_interview.html

Not the most shocking of news, especially when you consider how gay that sweater is he's wearing. :D

View attachment 6123

Uh, did he really have to "announce" it? It was already obvious....not a dealbreaker to me. :) I guessed he was gay from the beginning....the "vibe" and all. But I have no issue with it at all.

However, it makes this picture seem a bit bewildering...I never wondered before what that stuff on his face was until now...:rotflmao:

Zachary Quinto 08.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Uh, did he really have to "announce" it? It was already obvious....not a dealbreaker to me. :) I guessed he was gay from the beginning....the "vibe" and all. But I have no issue with it at all.

However, it makes this picture seem a bit bewildering...I never wondered before what that stuff on his face was until now...:rotflmao:

View attachment 6125

McCoy_ISWYDT.gifVmMEP.jpg

G

Graybrew1

I thought I saw that before on Wikipedia. They did add the update on to this, but this first part was already there.

Personal life[/h]He has been an active supporter of gay rights for a long time, acting in a one-night production of "Standing on Ceremony" at the El Portal Theatre[SUP][23][/SUP] (in support of same-sex marriage), appearing at theLos Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center’s annual gala and acting in a production of The Laramie Project: 10 Years Later.[SUP][24][/SUP] He has also posted a video in support of the It Gets Better Project on YouTube, on the beforethedoor account.[SUP][25]

Ihttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zachary_Quinto#cite_note-YouTube-24n this day and age, I am surprised he felt a need to make a public statement.
Why not just show up and bring a date?
[/SUP]:confused:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I thought I saw that before on Wikipedia. They did add the update on to this, but this first part was already there.

Personal life[/h]He has been an active supporter of gay rights for a long time, acting in a one-night production of "Standing on Ceremony" at the El Portal Theatre[SUP][23][/SUP] (in support of same-sex marriage), appearing at theLos Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center’s annual gala and acting in a production of The Laramie Project: 10 Years Later.[SUP][24][/SUP] He has also posted a video in support of the It Gets Better Project on YouTube, on the beforethedoor account.[SUP][25]

In this day and age, I am surprised he felt a need to make a public statement.

To be honest I think he was pretty open about his sexuality but certain interviewers wanted to make an issue of it as if it's still a huge thing. The impression I get from Quinto was that he was like 'M'kay, sure, I'm gay, can we get on with more important things now?'

He makes a damn good Spock I must say and as Sylar he was beyond creepy. Good actor. ;)

G

Graybrew1

To be honest I think he was pretty open about his sexuality but certain interviewers wanted to make an issue of it as if it's still a huge thing. The impression I get from Quinto was that he was like 'M'kay, sure, I'm gay, can we get on with more important things now?'

He makes a damn good Spock I must say and as Sylar he was beyond creepy. Good actor. ;)

Ah, okay that makes more sense. :D Indeed I agree.
He rocks. :thoranime12:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
View attachment 6124

Your "Gaydar" is quite attuned. ;)
most of the time yes but i have had a chocker or two and really didnt see it coming.

View attachment 6125
same here def not a deal breaker of any kind, im just one of those people who dont give a damn what or who you like as im all for personal choice in pretty much all issues..

i agree he sure does and yes personally i think the sylar character was the only enjoyable character on heroes mostly BC of the quality of acting he broiught to the character so ye good actor!

Tropicana

Council Member

In this day and age, I am surprised he felt a need to make a public statement.
Agreed, but it's cool (in a way) that he spelled it out loud and clear in case there's some sort of confusion. lol

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
to me it's simply: "he can act! who cares about his personal life!??!" I was the same about Ricky Martin...yeah and so?? he's still a damn good singer! :D

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I like Zach Quinto for his acting. I don't give a flying rat's ass about his personal relationships, as long as they involve consenting adults. I always knew he was gay, but it's nice to see him "officially" out himself. Bravo, sir. Bravo!

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I wonder if the new Uhura knows about this? :P

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
to me it's simply: "he can act! who cares about his personal life!??!" I was the same about Ricky Martin...yeah and so?? he's still a damn good singer! :D

It's comforting to see that society has grown up somewhat in that respect. Sexual orientation doesn't seem to be such a big issue these days and will be even less so with each generation. The media are making a bigger deal out of it than people do.

Bluce Ree

I like Zach Quinto for his acting. I don't give a flying rat's ass about his personal relationships, as long as they involve consenting adults. I always knew he was gay, but it's nice to see him "officially" out himself. Bravo, sir. Bravo!

We've still got a long way to go as a society. There shouldn't be a need to "out" one's self or even perceive it as "coming out". Asking someone about their sexual orientation should be akin to asking one if they prefer big breasts or brown hair. You'd never see the phrase "he outed himself" used to describe a man admitting publicly to liking big breasts.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
We've still got a long way to go as a society. There shouldn't be a need to "out" one's self or even perceive it as "coming out". Asking someone about their sexual orientation should be akin to asking one if they prefer big breasts or brown hair. You'd never see the phrase "he outed himself" used to describe a man admitting publicly to liking big breasts.

you like Moobs? :eek:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I dont understand why gay people need to announce their sexual preferences publicly, but for a public figure that makes sense. Loys of gay male teens will be encouraged by what Quinto has done. One's sexual preferences are not anyone's business until there is sex involved!

S

Stonelesscutter

Yeah but men who like big breasts haven't exactly been living under the radar so to speak. ;)

Bluce Ree

Yeah but men who like big breasts haven't exactly been living under the radar so to speak. ;)

That's my point. It really shouldn't be such a big deal anymore these days but I guess we still have a lot of growing up to do as a race.

Bluce Ree

I dont understand why gay people need to announce their sexual preferences publicly, but for a public figure that makes sense. Loys of gay male teens will be encouraged by what Quinto has done. One's sexual preferences are not anyone's business until there is sex involved!

That's a good point. As for announcing themselves, I think so long as it is still taboo in some people's minds, it's still a process for one to ease himself out into the open and it may stem from a need to put the shock of it behind everyone around them.