So how was your day?

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Soooo..... I just found out just exactly how frakked my laptop is.

Good news is that I'll probably be able to recover the data on the harddrive, however the battery is useless, the charge regulator needs to be replaced, and here's the kicker: the logic board is toast. Oh joy...

S

Stonelesscutter

Soooo..... I just found out just exactly how frakked my laptop is.

Good news is that I'll probably be able to recover the data on the harddrive, however the battery is useless, the charge regulator needs to be replaced, and here's the kicker: the logic board is toast. Oh joy...

You might be better off with a whole new laptop then. I expect repair costs would be high. New laptop would probably have better specs for a little more money.

Tropicana

Council Member
Loads of 9/11 special programmes on British TV atm.

Though when it comes to our own 7/7, not a single peep, hmmmm....

S

Stonelesscutter

I see. Perhaps they don't want to give too much attention to those bombings because they might give people ideas. The more attention is given too the tragedy the better the result has been in the eyes of the terrorists.
In the case of 9/11 it's a bit different because the scale of it dwarfs any other terrorist attack that has ever taken place and the event had global implications even leading to a war. The new construction on the site is sort of a pwnage to the terrorists because it shows that despite the enormous tragedy that occurred the U.S. are ever so strong.
This doesn't mean the lives that were lost or destroyed in the bombings were any less valuable ofcourse, except for those of the terrorists themselves.

Tropicana

Council Member
Spent most of my afternoon today soaking in a jacuzzi, still have yet to pack my carry-on for my trip to Scotland tomorrow; I so can't wait.

Right now drawing some designs to enhance a plain envelope that is going with the wedding gift. Looks so pretty right now :D , gosh I'm such a girl sometimes, lol. If anyone is interested, the design is the concept of threads - the mythological concept that everyone's life is a piece of string and if the Gods' snip it, your life ends. So my design is a thread that weaves through with peaks and troughs (typical life really) that starts and ends with love symbolised by 3 hearts. "3" seems to be a powerful number in my family like the "Charmed Ones".

I am halfwatching Barefoot Contessa as well, where she yet again cooks for rich annoying(-IMO) couple. Sometimes I wish Food Network UK would broadcast Good Eats from the start instead of Barefoot Contessa.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
so which of the fates are you tropi? I see you as clotho...constantly spinning. :) I am atropos when i get on a tear! :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
NOoooooooooo spinning the threads of life! :P you seem to be very creative.

Tropicana

Council Member
Ahhh...

Oh you! :D

EDIT: Last night I was reading on Tsar Nicholas II of Russia looking at pics and how the entire family died as well as his extended family in Russia, really thought I was gonna have nightmares last night, especially more so when I saw a pic of Grigori Rasputin.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
so which of the fates are you tropi? I see you as clotho...constantly spinning. :) I am atropos when i get on a tear! :P

Yes, I can see you as Atropos, especially the version in the novel "Insomnia" Rac80 :laughing:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yes, I can see you as Atropos, especially the version in the novel "Insomnia" Rac80 :laughing:

You don't mean Stephen King's Insomnia do you? Horrible book. King at his absolute "hack-est".

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Loads of 9/11 special programmes on British TV atm.

Though when it comes to our own 7/7, not a single peep, hmmmm....
aye its the same bloody thing over here and on sunday channel1 is dedicating the whole day to it.. i mean WTH??? its been 10 years sure it was an incident worthy of note but FFS this is europe and ALOT has happened here aswell that is more worthy of note to us... and they keep blabbering on about how 9/11 changed the world forever... wth? not that much changed tbh...

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
aye its the same bloody thing over here and on sunday channel1 is dedicating the whole day to it.. i mean WTH??? its been 10 years sure it was an incident worthy of note but FFS this is europe and ALOT has happened here aswell that is more worthy of note to us... and they keep blabbering on about how 9/11 changed the world forever... wth? not that much changed tbh...

Haven't you learned yet that America is all about "in your face"? How else do you conquer the world under the guise of benevolence? :)