So how was your day?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Also, you may want to go to Android Central and look around. It has huge amounts of material and also phone specific forums.

I have gotten a few: Skype, YouTube, and some very col apps. I love this phone! Android makes iPhone apps seem ridiculously overpriced. Android OS is BETTER than the iPhone OS by a significant margin!

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
That's weird. I had a 4-hour nap, which technically is more of a "sleep", I suppose. Shoulder feels better, but still hurts. No idea what I must've done to it last night.

G

Graybrew1

That's weird. I had a 4-hour nap, which technically is more of a "sleep", I suppose. Shoulder feels better, but still hurts. No idea what I must've done to it last night.

This almost sounds like it belongs in that "you know you are mature thread." :P

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I have gotten a few: Skype, YouTube, and some very col apps. I love this phone! Android makes iPhone apps seem ridiculously overpriced. Android OS is BETTER than the iPhone OS by a significant margin!

I agree that Android is a very nice and solid OS, IMO way superior to Apple's IOS, but, like desktop Linux, someone needs to polish up the user experience a little more. There's a lot of power and stability under the hood but not a whole lot of effort put towards polishing the up the small details on the surface.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

getting old stinks!:P

This almost sounds like it belongs in that "you know you are mature thread." :P

green for that! All i could think of was "he needs rheumatiz med'cin" ! next you know he will be discussing his bowel movements (or lack thereof ) :eek:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

JaffaKree!

GateFans Member
I dunno;) i am starting to think you might be the way you are complaining about your aches and pains! :P

Oh don't tease him. He had a tough day :P He just went twelve rounds with the worst European music has to offer.

JaffaKree!

GateFans Member
Well then here's some of the good music Europe has to offer to make him feel better. :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhcGNN9r1D4

But, but the gun they fired wasn't a tommy-gun:vala-newanime020:
Otherwise, a pretty good song!

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Not bad, heh. But no one should pour unidentified liquid on themselves in a music video. View attachment 4241

Yeah....
Thought I'd post this. It's the singer talking about how the Tommy-gun video came to be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOrobfS3yuM

Oh and here's another video from the same band. I think it's much better than the other one, though it has nothing do with the presence of scantily clad ladies. :rononwhistle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lbZpFBGq1k

Oh and to get back on topic, I had a decent and uneventful day.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I agree that Android is a very nice and solid OS, IMO way superior to Apple's IOS, but, like desktop Linux, someone needs to polish up the user experience a little more. There's a lot of power and stability under the hood but not a whole lot of effort put towards polishing the up the small details on the surface.

Someone already has. For example HTC Sense UI is both very powerful and very polished. I haven't used touchWiz yet (which is what OM1's pgone is sporting) but even if he does not care for it he can easily get a different UI from the market (ADW and Launcher Pro are examples).

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
My youth only ended last week, gosh! I'm just a "young adult" now. :)

I dunno junior, the way you've been whining about your aches and pains...you're fifty if you are a day! or at least you sound fifity! ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Perhaps it is time for some Lysergic acid diethylamide....

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Someone already has. For example HTC Sense UI is both very powerful and very polished. I haven't used touchWiz yet (which is what OM1's pgone is sporting) but even if he does not care for it he can easily get a different UI from the market (ADW and Launcher Pro are examples).

HTC has done wonders with their Android phones and the UIs. As far as ADW and Launcher Pro, I'm not very impressed by either but therein lies one of Android's greatest strengths, the ability to swap the UI for a better one. You gotta love Linux. :D