So how was your day?

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Uhhmm...
Well..................
Okay I see your point.
But I still think it was a well executed pic. :D

(thanks for the green by the way! now I have 4 bars too. :D :D :D)
*sniffle* Daddy only has 3 bars... and I'm freaking hilarious! sad0121.gif

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Uhhmm...
Well..................
Okay I see your point.
But I still think it was a well executed pic. :D

(thanks for the green by the way! now I have 4 bars too. :D :D :D)

good :)
and yes it was a well executed piece of art ;)

and NP happy to have helped get ya those four bars ;)

Lilith

GateFans Noob
Well water is arising!!!!! Where is Rac, this is all her snow that she sent pictures of. Here's to hoping the levee's hold. God we may have to go help one of my friend's bag sand. I told him to just move out now to high ground. The incoming water may end of staying for two weeks. Kindva expecting to lose a few towns and maybe a small city. If any of our prisoners escape due to them living in tent cities on the high ground just round them up and hold em. We'll come get them when things are better.

S

Stonelesscutter

My favourite of his is "The Importance of Being Earnest". Absolutely love it and one hilarious play.

That title rings a bell, though I don't remember anything about it.
I was probably bored out of my skull when I had English class about it. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

Well water is arising!!!!! Where is Rac, this is all her snow that she sent pictures of. Here's to hoping the levee's hold. God we may have to go help one of my friend's bag sand. I told him to just move out now to high ground. The incoming water may end of staying for two weeks. Kindva expecting to lose a few towns and maybe a small city. If any of our prisoners escape due to them living in tent cities on the high ground just round them up and hold em. We'll come get them when things are better.

???
Drawing a complete blank here.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Bad day, good day!

Okay, this morning started out really bad. I was getting into my car in the garage and I dropped my trusty Palm Treo Pro which I have had for the past three years or so. I had dropped it many times in the past, so I thought it was no biggie. But when I powered up the phone, the familiar Windows screen would stop and it would try to reboot again...over and over and over. :( I went to the Sprint store in Torrance and when I got there I thought I was going to have the phone repaired, but ended up buying a new one:

Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint). Its an Android phone (new for me), but it has WAY more control than the iPhone and arguably more than Windows. You cant install Windows apps like Mobile Office, but I hardly ever did that anyways. I would read Word attachments, but hardly anyone ever does that anymore except to transfer documents. Here is a video on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt2zqYw6WYo&feature=related

This phone retails for about the same as the new iPhone (a bit over $600.00), but I have been with Sprint for a number of years so I got an upgrade discount which made the phone $199.00. Got a soft-touch hard case for it, and I LOVE IT! It does all the fancy stuff that the iPhones do, but also does a lot more. The GateFans flash logo looks AWESOME on it! You can use your fingers to zoom the internet or pictures, which is great :) For a phone, I think the Android OS is the best one out there...even better than the Windows phone with Mobile 7 like I wanted originally.

So, a good day. NEW TOY! :joy:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Shit day, have a bad cold and s shocking headache, not helped by the fact I have been floating around so much on various boards arguing about Craigs letter to GW.
Tired, want to sleep, and its only 5pm and I'm by myself with the kids for at least another 3 1/2 hrs.
Had enough :(

Be better later :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Welcome to Android! It is indeed way better than iOS.

I think Samsung bundles software in the phone to read attachments, but you will no doubt want to try others. One great thing is a lot of Android apps are free (unlike Apple's ecosystem). At the very least pull in Acrobat Reader so you can handle PDFs properly.

As to mail, I don't know what Samsung's software is like but again Android has alternatives - another Android advantage is that you can freely replace core components. Don't like the touch keyboard? You can find alternatives on the Market. Ditto browsers and even whole user interfaces. Examples of that include Launcher Pro and ADW.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Welcome to Android! It is indeed way better than iOS.

I think Samsung bundles software in the phone to read attachments, but you will no doubt want to try others. One great thing is a lot of Android apps are free (unlike Apple's ecosystem). At the very least pull in Acrobat Reader so you can handle PDFs properly.

As to mail, I don't know what Samsung's software is like but again Android has alternatives - another Android advantage is that you can freely replace core components. Don't like the touch keyboard? You can find alternatives on the Market. Ditto browsers and even whole user interfaces. Examples of that include Launcher Pro and ADW.

I figured out how to set up POP3 accounts on my phone, but how to get my contacts from Outlook to the phone without having to go through Google Sync? The Samsung Epic 4G not only has a HUGE screen with a touch keyboard, but it has a large slide keyboard which is awesome. :). I found the second camera by accident. This phone has a 5mp camera with LED flash built in. I took a picture, and used the finger-zoom thing, but then I hit another button and the screen went black briefly and then there was my face smiling on the screen! I had found the second, front facing camera. I really love the Android OS! Apple's exclusivity with the portable OS on iPhone has been trumped by Android. Its like what Microsoft did to Appla back in the day. I think at the end of the race, Android will become the portable OS of choice for phones as well as tablets.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
You can export your Outlook contacts to CSV. Then put the CSV file on your phone and you can import it using any one of several different apps in the Market that specialize in populating contacts. I don't know if Samsung packages a sync application (HTC packages an excellent one, as I use with my HTC Thunderbolt), but if you want a more traditional 2 way sync via cable solution there is also CompanionLink or The Missing Sync.