So how was your day?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I am aware of that, but I guess I was higly skiiled at it. My cigarettes were just fine, you just put the tip up to it and suck in at the same time. Not very difficult.:P :icon_lol:

Did you quit?

G

Graybrew1

:facepalm:

We are talking about a cigarette lighter right? I'm sure the explosion of such a device would be humungous and ofcourse it could be used to set fire to say a magazine or a chair and ofcourse there are no fire distinguishers on board of aircraft.

I don't know about you, but when I am 20,00 feet in the air, I don't want to have any explsions in my plane.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
So... How was my day???

Well, I spend a couple of hours reading up on all the stuff you've people been discussing on this thread and I am glad to report that now I'm finally done with it!

Now I can go relax by lying down buttnaked in the sauna for a while and forgetting all about this discussion.
I have no doubt that upon my return I shall find lots and lots of posts on this thread I'll have to weed through again. :P

FILTH!

G

Graybrew1

Did you quit?

5 years ago, Baby!!! :biggrin:

Skimpy enough outfit for you? :icon_lol: I felt bad for all your health woes, and thought I would throw you a bone.:P

Now throw me one, and watch my movie with me tonight............Please:sam56:

G

Graybrew1

So... How was my day???

Well, I spend a couple of hours reading up on all the stuff you've people been discussing on this thread and I am glad to report that now I'm finally done with it!

Now I can go relax by lying down buttnaked in the sauna for a while and forgetting all about this discussion.
I have no doubt that upon my return I shall find lots and lots of posts on this thread I'll have to weed through again. :P

No Comment. :biggrin: Too Easy.

S

Stonelesscutter

I never said money wasn't a component of power, I said by its nature it is simply a tool of free, honest trade. You were the one who heavily implied that money was evil because power (in your mind) is always evil and you tied the two together. Granted power is often abused, but that isn't because of the corrupting influence of money, it's because people are often weak and immoral. Money as such has no innate power to do anything, it's money, it's paper and metal, it is, in effect, benign.

Your exact words were: "Money is power and power corrupts". How silly. Money doesn't corrupt and neither does power, rather, it's simply weak ethics and a lack of personal morality that allows one to be evil. Please stop ascribing some sort of mystical power to money when none exists.

Dear Ape. Despite my quite understandable explanation in the previous post you've managed to disregard it and tried to reaffirm your statement from your previous post. You may attempt to hide it by trying to pull a veil over my eyes of carefully chosen words but you cannot fool me. I had expected more from such a distinguished verbal combatant as yourself. I guess you couldn't win this one because you chose to stump on a simple phrase that had obvious implications thinking I would dimwittingly accept your opinion as the one and only truth. Shame really. :)

Now calm down and go pour yourself a good Dutch beer...if you can find one. ;)

Though there are plenty of fine Dutch beers and even more Belgian beers at my disposal I don't drink any of them. Right now however I'm enjoying a glass of 10 years aged Talisker which seems to do the trick at least as well. ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

I don't know about you, but when I am 20,00 feet in the air, I don't want to have any explsions in my plane.

God forbid that cigarette lighter that was scrupulously tested before it became available to the general public should somehow magically explode and knock the toupet of the guy in the seat in front of you aside.

G

Graybrew1

God forbid that cigarette lighter that was scrupulously tested before it became available to the general public should somehow magically explode and knock the toupet of the guy in the seat in front of you aside.

I give up, You win. They should not confiscate the torch lighters filled with highly flammable gas. :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Dear Ape. Despite my quite understandable explanation in the previous post you've managed to disregard it and tried to reaffirm your statement from your previous post. You may attempt to hide it by trying to pull a veil over my eyes of carefully chosen words but you cannot fool me. I had expected more from such a distinguished verbal combatant as yourself. I guess you couldn't win this one because you chose to stump on a simple phrase that had obvious implications thinking I would dimwittingly accept your opinion as the one and only truth. Shame really. :)

:roll::roll::roll:

Okay fine, we'll do it your way. You made an absolutist statement that "Money is power and power corrupts" so I'll just say that "Money is not power and power does not corrupt." Happy now?

Though there are plenty of fine Dutch beers and even more Belgian beers at my disposal I don't drink any of them. Right now however I'm enjoying a glass of 10 years aged Talisker which seems to do the trick at least as well. ;)

Talisker? Is that Dutch for horse piss or cat piss?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Talisker is a rather good single malt. My dearest Ape, I must say that I find your knowledge about whisky to lacking.

I know. I'm just giving my Dutch counterpart some grief. ;)

Actually, I do like whiskey, both bourbon and scotch. I'm not a freak about scotch though and I'm happy with a simple Glenlivit. Macallan is good also. When you get into the higher end stuff though I often find it's too heavy on the smokey peat flavoring. People seem to think this is a sign of quality when really it's just obnoxious. Besides, scotch snobs bore me. I've met far too many in my life. (and no, I'm not saying Stoneless is a scotch snob)

S

Stonelesscutter

:roll::roll::roll:

Okay fine, we'll do it your way. You made an absolutist statement that "Money is power and power corrupts" so I'll just say that "Money is not power and power does not corrupt." Happy now?

Here you go making the same ridiculous argument for the third time in a row. Lame Ape, really lame.

Talisker? Is that Dutch for horse piss or cat piss?

Nope. It's Scottish for a fine single malt whisky like no other made on the western shores of the isle of Skye in the tall shadows of the Cuillin Hills with an alluring, sweet and full-bodied spirit with a warming afterglow which is so easy to enjoy yet, like Skye itself, so hard to leave.

S

Stonelesscutter

I know. I'm just giving my Dutch counterpart some grief. ;)

Actually, I do like whiskey, both bourbon and scotch. I'm not a freak about scotch though and I'm happy with a simple Glenlivit. Macallan is good also. When you get into the higher end stuff though I often find it's too heavy on the smokey peat flavoring. People seem to think this is a sign of quality when really it's just obnoxious. Besides, scotch snobs bore me. I've met far too many in my life. (and no, I'm not saying Stoneless is a scotch snob)

I was just pondering yesterday about not having had the honour of tasting some fine Bourbons. The only Bourbons I've ever had are Jim Beam, which as you said elsewhere, is kinda like horse piss compared to a good scotch and Four Roses which is pretty much in the same category. They're cheap and drinkable when you just want to get a buzz, but not quite top notch.

So now comes the question. My dear Ape brother... Can you recommend any top quality Bourbons? Do they even exist? (I'm not mocking Bourbons here I just don't have any knowledge about them and there seems to be a rather limited sampling of them available here)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Here you go making the same ridiculous argument for the third time in a row. Lame Ape, really lame.

If my "argument" is lame so is yours. Our statements are structured the exact same. You said one thing and I said the exact opposite. Exact. So if you have a problem with my argument then I suggest you take it up with the man in the mirror...if your kind actually casts a reflection that is. ;)

Nope. It's Scottish for a fine single malt whisky like no other made on the western shores of the isle of Skye in the tall shadows of the Cuillin Hills with an alluring, sweet and full-bodied spirit with a warming afterglow which is so easy to enjoy yet, like Skye itself, so hard to leave.

I'm sorry but that's just gay. :P

S

Stonelesscutter

If my "argument" is lame so is yours. Our statements are structured the exact same. You said one thing and I said the exact opposite. Exact. So if you have a problem with my argument then I suggest you take it up with the man in the mirror...if your kind actually casts a reflection that is. ;)

:D

I'm sorry but that's just gay. :P

I was just quoting what it says on the bottle. And I think you may have hurt some people's (not mine) feelings here.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I was just pondering yesterday about not having had the honour of tasting some fine Bourbons. The only Bourbons I've ever had are Jim Beam, which as you said elsewhere, is kinda like horse piss compared to a good scotch and Four Roses which is pretty much in the same category. They're cheap and drinkable when you just want to get a buzz, but not quite top notch.

So now comes the question. My dear Ape brother... Can you recommend any top quality Bourbons? Do they even exist? (I'm not mocking Bourbons here I just don't have any knowledge about them and there seems to be a rather limited sampling of them available here)

Well I stock Makers Mark bourbon at my house. Knob Creek is good also. There are cheaper bourbons out there but they aren't the best for sipping. Had a bottle of Blantons once that was rather good. It's a little pricey so I don't keep it stocked normally. (If you knew how my friends decimate a liquor supply you would understand my reticence here.) Woodford reserve is good too. I don't recall caring for Wild Turkey too much though, at least not for sipping, certainly not the low end of that brand, yuck!

Jim Beam is blah to me. I've got friends who like Early Times so I sometimes stock that for their mixed drinks. It's not a sipping whiskey though, at least not for me.

So in short you should try Makers Mark bourbon if you get the chance. I don't expect you to fall in love with it or anything, but it's worth a try. It's good for both sipping and also mixed drinks. If you like sweeter drinks order a Makers Mark Old Fashion sweet with a lemon twist. If you'd like something more dry then order a Makers Mark Manhattan on the rocks with a lemon twist (have them go easy on the vermouth because it's yucky). Or just pour a couple fingers straight or over ice and enjoy.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
:D

I was just quoting what it says on the bottle. And I think you may have hurt some people's (not mine) feelings here.

Not really. I'm sure the people who might take offense won't because they know it's a ridiculous joke, which is why I said it. The humor is in the shock value.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
5 years ago, Baby!!! :biggrin:

Skimpy enough outfit for you? :icon_lol: I felt bad for all your health woes, and thought I would throw you a bone.:P

Now throw me one, and watch my movie with me tonight............Please:sam56:

With that outfit, he may throw *you* a bone. :icon_lol:

S

Stonelesscutter

Well I stock Makers Mark bourbon at my house. Knob Creek is good also. There are cheaper bourbons out there but they aren't the best for sipping. Had a bottle of Blantons once that was rather good. It's a little pricey so I don't keep it stocked normally. (If you knew how my friends decimate a liquor supply you would understand my reticence here.) Woodford reserve is good too. I don't recall caring for Wild Turkey too much though, at least not for sipping, certainly not the low end of that brand, yuck!

Jim Beam is blah to me. I've got friends who like Early Times so I sometimes stock that for their mixed drinks. It's not a sipping whiskey though, at least not for me.

So in short you should try Makers Mark bourbon if you get the chance. I don't expect you to fall in love with it or anything, but it's worth a try. It's good for both sipping and also mixed drinks. If you like sweeter drinks order a Makers Mark Old Fashion sweet with a lemon twist. If you'd like something more dry then order a Makers Mark Manhattan on the rocks with a lemon twist (have them go easy on the vermouth because it's yucky). Or just pour a couple fingers straight or over ice and enjoy.

Drinking whisky on the rocks is heresy to me! I expect the same to be true for whiskey. ;) I'm also not fond of the idea of putting a lemon twist in it.

So does Bourbon come in variously aged varieties? Like for instance 5 years aged Makers Mark and 10 years aged Makers Mark etc.

What does an average bottle of those brands you mentioned cost? I'm assuming the bottles are 70cl. I dunno the American/Imperial measurement that equates to unfortunately.