So how was your day?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Oh dear a major power outage in parts of AZ, CA and Mexico, with San Diego being worst hit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14849095

Love how some of the roads are in gridlock as the traffic lights aren't working. But I'm sure via careful driving, everybody can get home without any incidents.

My cable service was interrupted yesterday due to solar flares......................

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Perhaps, but that is entirely the point of all those "stupid essays" and "creative writing" tasks. IF you were unlucky to get teachers who did not give a toss about thier kids, then YES, it sucks, and I really feel sorry for you, you missed out on alot of what school CAN offer. :(

I don't know if this is true , but the education system, especially in the US seems to just want to grind not only the kids down to the lowest denominator, but the teachers as well. If ANYONE can counter that perception however, I would be more than glad to hear it.
oh i sure did and it wasnt until my late teens i realized what school in a perfect world SHOULD have taught me.

i cant confirm it for ht eUS but i can confirm it for sweden.

Tropicana

Council Member
My cable service was interrupted yesterday due to solar flares......................
Really? Or sarcasm? lol

Our substations tend to get knocked out in winter time when it's a tad too cold or the 2 inches of snow somehow fried the substation in my neighbourhood, occurs every year.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
oh i sure did and it wasnt until my late teens i realized what school in a perfect world SHOULD have taught me.

i cant confirm it for ht eUS but i can confirm it for sweden.

Well, thats just sad :(
I'm not saying "our" system doesn't do the same thing (cause it does) but again, I'm not entirely objective on this point because I live with a teacher and have gone to many "teacher only" events (well, theoreticly teacher only :P )

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Really? Or sarcasm? lol

Our substations tend to get knocked out in winter time when it's a tad too cold or the 2 inches of snow somehow fried the substation in my neighbourhood, occurs every year.

Seriously dude. I am in total serious mode right now.

OMNI

Seriously dude. I am in total serious mode right now.
wow how serious of you :P :D

but its true those UK folk panic with an inch of snow close down schools airports etc its hillarious to hear about it on the news during winter.

also its funny that they dont have snow clearing gear like shovels and plows and stuff :P
my country is hardned we can handle up to -40C and 3meters of snow no problem no airports close no highways or roads and school is NEVER out bc of snow or weather here.. :)
i think i read something last year about an inch of snow some where in the southern US and they were closing schools and staying inside out of panic even tho the snow melted after an hour or so... PUSSIES!! :P

OMNI

Well, thats just sad :(
I'm not saying "our" system doesn't do the same thing (cause it does) but again, I'm not entirely objective on this point because I live with a teacher and have gone to many "teacher only" events (well, theoreticly teacher only :P )
sure is.. thankfully im not in school anymore!! :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
not my hat, can't stand hats, somewhere else perhaps.........................:D

OMNI

not my hat, can't stand hats, somewhere else perhaps.........................:D
Hey i was trying to be family friendly here :P
and WTH an aussie who cant stand hats :eek: say it aint so... your wrecking my whole steve irwin/crocodile dundee fantasy i have as a mental image of ya :(

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Hey i was trying to be family friendly here :P
and WTH an aussie who cant stand hats :eek: say it aint so... your wrecking my whole steve irwin/crocodile dundee fantasy i have as a mental image of ya :(

Crikey mate!!
Hang on, I've gotta wrangle a croc back home to babysit my kids!!
Gotta watch out for "drop bears" on the way however, my kangaroo likes to eat them for tucker.We are lucky "down south", our transport runs on roadkill :P

OMNI

Crikey mate!!
Hang on, I've gotta wrangle a croc back home to babysit my kids!!
Gotta watch out for "drop bears" on the way however, my kangaroo likes to eat them for tucker.We are lucky "down south", our transport runs on roadkill :P
hahahaha! thats more like it!

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Apologize for my absence! I just came back from a grueling week!

Tropicana

Council Member
@OMNI

The entire country was embarassed when UK's gateway London Heathrow Airport was in lockdown due to a few inches of snow. The CEO even had the nerve to say that they were unprepared. The UK get every type of weather. We get heatwaves that could melt tarmac, we can get rain that floods, we can get snow that forms ice and even strong cyclonic weather systems on a rare occasion. we should be prepared and instead, the heads are quick to get their pay and ask for bonuses for no work. Towards the end of the snow fiasco, London Heathrow wouldn't let camera crew in to film the passengers they neglected, as they were sleeping on floors like in some 3rd world country. London Gatwick Airport was better prepared and was up and running in hrs like that of Paris' Charles de Gaulle Airport and Frankfurt. London Heathrow is good sometimes but when the crap hits the fan, they are awful.