Real music

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I think Oxygene is more complex, but Magnetic feilds has more of a storytelling element to it. It's like listening to "The Planets" by Holst, There are variations, but the overall theme remains the same. Of course I don't have to tell you lot where John Williams got his inspiration for Vader's theme........... do I?? :D

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I think Oxygene is more complex, but Magnetic feilds has more of a storytelling element to it. It's like listening to "The Planets" by Holst, There are variations, but the overall theme remains the same. Of course I don't have to tell you lot where John Williams got his inspiration for Vader's theme........... do I?? :D
Of course I know Holst Planets inspired John Williams. I want to know why does music less raw these days? Even tracks made using old software doesn't sound the same. It sounds like the samples or instruments they are using have less depth or punch in them just empty and or chaotic noise these days. I miss when producers would add atmosphere and breathing room space in their tracks. Even vinyl is remastered as a digital copy.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Of course I know Holst Planets inspired John Williams. I want to know why does music less raw these days? Even tracks made using old software doesn't sound the same. It sounds like the samples or instruments they are using have less depth or punch in them just empty and or chaotic noise these days. I miss when producers would add atmosphere and breathing room space in their tracks. Even vinyl is remastered as a digital copy.
I can only hazard a guess brother, and it would be that the great performers are artists, where most modern music is produced by studios instead. It lacks soul.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I can only hazard a guess brother, and it would be that the great performers are artists, where most modern music is produced by studios instead. It lacks soul.
I also think drugs they took back were more pure back then compared to these days as well. Most of the drugs these days they take is more potent. But tracks were already being produced by studios back then. Maybe because people have become less human these days compared to the old days and it's too polished and robotic and because mental health issues seem to be surfacing left and right and centre.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k293MR--EE

This is the full extended mix they play the radio version on the radio.

Last edited: