Random Banter

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Makes sense.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
when it was revealed in a trailer that BARBIE The Movie would be featuring a "Strong female lead", the Fandom Menace and all "the Boys" were like @Gatefan1976 :wink::icon_lol:

Scared Fear GIF by South Park

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Need to do my almost nearly re-watch of Babylon 5 soon. I just did Smallville and discovered Michael Rousenbalm and Tom Welling are doing a podcast on the show as well, which is cool., been a lot of fun. Wow, it's hard to think that when I first started here, my now 20 year old daughter was basically a baby. Time flies when you are feeling numb I guess.
I did one recently and posted an article concerning it:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
B5 IS very much true to it's own "internal canon" but J. Michael Straczynski is simply a better writer than Rick Berman. Also, a lot of the dialogue in DS-9 felt "forced" whereas B5 feels more natural (again more of a writing style). I think you are underrating Avery Brooks though, Sisko was an excellent character, especially in the last 3 seasons of DS-9. I love both shows, but B5 will always hold a higher regard in my heart G'Kar will ALWAYS remain quite possibly my favorite Sci-fi character, but a great deal of that comes down to Andreas Katsulas performance, and the touching monologues he had.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2UQ2l9NPIg

If that does not touch your heart, nothing will.
Hi GF!

Going to move this to the Babylon 5 thread to keep things easier to locate.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Ah! Have you tried posting it on the Social site? Things seem easier to post there in some instances.
Not on twitter elon musk has made it mandatory that you have to login or have an account.

Random banter - Companies and recruiters who ghost you and they give you false pretence that they are going to make a difference in your life but all they doing it is to collect your data and only to be told that the employers is not looking for anyone. I had to blast it at them for ghosting me.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Blast away, I am ragingly pissed off with my company for that same thing dude. I know on some level it it meant to be nice, but it's framed as a "slick oil salesman" EVERYTIME, it's actually disgusting

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Blast away, I am ragingly pissed off with my company for that same thing dude. I know on some level it it meant to be nice, but it's framed as a "slick oil salesman" EVERYTIME, it's actually disgusting
Yeah I got a generic reply saying that we will keep your information and I was told to apply straight as applications are filling up fast. I reported them to ACCC and Fairwork as well. What was the point of you wasting my time and their time sending the email? I told them next time don't send my resume in front of a employer or hiring manager if they are not too keen on hiring me or not interested in hiring me.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Yes man I am from Australia too. How should I respond to them? They seem to hire people internally a lot these days and it's challenging for me to break into IT sector. I am earning minimum wage at the moment like $23 per hour I have had enough of doing call centre work.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Not on twitter elon musk has made it mandatory that you have to login or have an account.

Random banter - Companies and recruiters who ghost you and they give you false pretence that they are going to make a difference in your life but all they doing it is to collect your data and only to be told that the employers is not looking for anyone. I had to blast it at them for ghosting me.
GateFans Social not Twitter.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I work for Coles and most of the time it is fine, but thier are some days I just want to burn it all down, the laziness of people just pisses me off. I runthe dock and people leave shit everywhere. It's so frustrating.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I work for Coles and most of the time it is fine, but thier are some days I just want to burn it all down, the laziness of people just pisses me off. I runthe dock and people leave shit everywhere. It's so frustrating.
Small world -I work one of the partners of coles. I think some people are just suffering from depression because they push themselves past the limit. Sadly, the system favours the lazy, the one who does bear minimum, or the bully. I worked for centrelink previously, worst place ever - I was heavily gaslighted and abused by the staff and I am still suffering from PTSD as a result the trauma they put me through.